PDA

View Full Version : Would you support this?

coastal
12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Gailey is demoted to offensive coordinator.

Wannstedt is retained.

Schottenheimer is brought in as head coach.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I would support it if they brought in Michael Vick. He made Kordell stewart look like a good quarterback in Pittsburgh.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
no. get rid of everybody and start over. owner included.

coastal
12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
no. get rid of everybody and start over. owner included.
Totally agree... but unless Ralph dies soon... that ain't happening.

So... Back to the question.

Bangarang
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Chan already is the OC and we can't stand him. What would be the point of retaining him?

Also, no to everything else.

cookie G
12-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Totally agree... but unless Ralph dies soon... that ain't happening.

So... Back to the question.

I can't imagine Marty and Chan seeing eye to eye on the play calling, but could be wrong.

But no.

I'd be on the phone with Kirby Smart, who'd be on my short list of DC's.

And I already said I'd hire Polian to evaluate the QB class.

And I wouldn't draft a defensive player before the 6th round.

Screw em. Time for them to start playing up to their talent level.

QB
a WR or 2
a RT
probably a TE.

Time to take this team in another direction.

Yasgur's Farm
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Shotty... YUP! Stach... YUP! Nix... YUP! Chan... NFW!

billsburgh
12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
No because CJ Spiller would still be standing on the sidelines if Chan was still here as OC

EDS
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Wannstedt is retained.

Schottenheimer is brought in as head coach.

No. This team needs a coaching staff capable of understanding the NFL game as it is currently played. A bunch of old guys passed their prime is not the answer.

Mr. Cynical
12-10-2012, 06:51 PM
No.

The King
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
What coach takes a demotion these days?

X-Era
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Wannstedt is retained.

Schottenheimer is brought in as head coach.I guess. But has this been done anywhere before? Ever?

coastal
12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I can't imagine Marty and Chan seeing eye to eye on the play calling, but could be wrong.

But no.

QB
a WR or 2
a RT
probably a TE.

Time to take this team in another direction.funny that u say that... I'm actually pulling my 5 card studs together early this year and at least 4 r on offense.

as far as the thread concept... I think part one of the biggest weaknesses is having Chan being head coach and coordinator.

another question for u.. Is recent defensive improvement due to us pulling it together or because of ****ty competition?

X-Era
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM

But no.

QB
a WR or 2
a RT
probably a TE.

Time to take this team in another direction.Sheppard doesn't have it. Period. He's beyond bad. We need a big upgrade there or we can expect a lot more big games from Gronk and Welker plus big rushing yards right up the gut. We should draft an ILB in the first 2 rounds.

OpIv37
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
It would never work.

Chan would still insist on not using Spiller. Schottenheimer, not being a moron, would insist on using him, and there would be conflict from day 1.

cookie G
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
funny that u say that... I'm actually pulling my 5 card studs together early this year and at least 4 r on offense.

Its time for a change.

as far as the thread concept... I think part one of the biggest weaknesses is having Chan being head coach and coordinator.

Its probably too late for him. He's lost the fans, and I suspect, some of the players. Some of it was deserved, especially lately.

When his offense ran well, it was due to balance, it was due to setting teams up and keep them off balance.

It has become way too predictable.

another question for u.. Is recent defensive improvement due to us pulling it together or because of ****ty competition?

Pfft. Of the last 4 games they've played, 3 were against the bottom 6 in the league.

Despite the accolades for Luck, they aren't in the top half.

add to that the other "good" defensive games, KC and Arizona, and you realize the D is near the bottom of the league playing a Big East schedule.

cookie G
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Sheppard doesn't have it. Period. He's beyond bad. We need a big upgrade there or we can expect a lot more big games from Gronk and Welker plus big rushing yards right up the gut. We should draft an ILB in the first 2 rounds.

Such is life. The D of this franchise lives off saying "well, we don't have this" and "we need that" and "we need players to fit this scheme"

They can have 11 no. 1 picks on the field (they are near that mark right now), and people will say, "It doesn't work because we still need this". The D's on this team WILL ALWAYS be 3-4 players short.

Let 'em get their Lb in the late rounds,
or on someone's practice squad,
or off the waiver wire

You know..where we got most of our receivers, our QB and half of our O-line.

We could have had 3 franchise QB's, a very good RT and a few kick ass receivers for all we've spent on the 27th ranked D in the league.

Sorry, its time for the D to stand on its own, and let the supposedly talented players live up to their potential.

Find a new DC if you must, but it is time to end the vicious cycle of this nonsense.

Jeff1220
12-10-2012, 08:48 PM
What coach takes a demotion these days?

Not to stay w/the same team anyway. This scenario is about as likely as Jimmy Johnson coming out of retirement to coach the Bills.

Raptor
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
That wont work

Chan wont take a demotion and I think he's lost the locker room, hes got to go

He wont like Wanny either because Marty is a 3-4 guy

As far as Marty goes, pass on him also

Jeff1220
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
4 words - Fresh young coaching staff

TrEd FTW
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd support the next coach bringing in his own staff; no new hire would retain Gailey and his minions.

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I want someone to rip off all of Gailey's ID and the USA to refuse to let him back into country until after he has been let go by the Bills both as OC & HC. Also as part of the agreement to let Gailey back into the USA, he's never allowed to set foot in Erie County NY again.

BLeonard
12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I'd support the next coach bringing in his own staff; no new hire would retain Gailey and his minions.

This was my question... Why would ANY NFL Head Coach, let alone a good NFL Head Coach like Marty Schottenheimer, agree to become Head Coach without being able to pick his coaching staff?

I mean, if Marty wanted to keep Gailey and Wannstedt, I guess I'd be behind it, but I highly doubt Marty would want those two.

He'd likely want his brother Kurt, and/or his son Brian, if at all possible, or people that he's familiar with, like Cam Cameron (who was just fired) and Herm Edwards.

-Bill