PDA

View Full Version : What Is This Winded ****???

Typ0
12-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I heard CJ on the radio he says winded is BS. An any idiot knows that winded is either prima donna crap or some line of BS. I don't see CJ as a prima donna so that leaves Chan BS. What is the deal with Spillers contract? Are there incentives that are causing them to not use him? This is really really sick if it's true because it will drive the organization further downhill. It just seems to keep getting worse....

Typ0
12-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Honestly this stinks to high hell...like the word came down not to use Spiller or something. What kind of idiot could Chan possibly be that he would be saying this "winded" ****. Really????

Zero
12-11-2012, 10:47 AM
" he gets winded and he comes out"....." trying to keep them both fresh"...

Meanwhile a couple of games ago he had Fred carry the ball 25 times. WTF is this idiot talking about? Cant stand to hear his bogus explanations any more.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Honestly this stinks to high hell...like the word came down not to use Spiller or something. What kind of idiot could Chan possibly be that he would be saying this "winded" ****. Really????

Well I dont know about you, but I just walked to bathroom and back, maybe 20 yards and Im exhausted.

OpIv37
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
" he gets winded and he comes out"....." trying to keep them both fresh"...

Meanwhile a couple of games ago he had Fred carry the ball 25 times. WTF is this idiot talking about? Cant stand to hear his bogus explanations any more.
They probably want Fred in for pass protection situations and Gailey is trying to find a way to avoid tipping his hat to other teams.

Still, it's pretty stupid because anyone with half a brain is going to see that it isn't the case.

And, Spiller's been in the league for 3 ****ing years. If he gets winded that easily, why don't they have him on some kind of cardio program?

RedEyE
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
In CJs defense, he has to run 15 yards for every 3 yard gain. lol

It is a total lame duck excuse. You can't want to be the main back and then asked to be rested every second play.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I heard CJ on the radio he says winded is BS.

Could you clarify this please? What exactly did CJ say?

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Could you clarify this please? What exactly did CJ say?

Yea I was confused as well.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
paraphrased because I don't have exact quotes but I will look:

"let me put it this way...I am in shape".

"I am going to have to talk to the coach about this".

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:01 AM
the direct quotes were said on the radio by CJ:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/14996948.php?contentType=4&contentId=11986916

- - - Updated - - -

Well I dont know about you, but I just walked to bathroom and back, maybe 20 yards and Im exhausted.

I bet you are always tired then!

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
They probably want Fred in for pass protection situations and Gailey is trying to find a way to avoid tipping his hat to other teams.

Still, it's pretty stupid because anyone with half a brain is going to see that it isn't the case.

And, Spiller's been in the league for 3 ****ing years. If he gets winded that easily, why don't they have him on some kind of cardio program?

I don't buy that at al! Other teams are not scouring press conferences they are looking at game film and evidence of what their opponents are doing. They aren't stupid either. Spiller is not winded that is crap.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM

It is a total lame duck excuse. You can't want to be the main back and then asked to be rested every second play.

That is what got me too. I thought he must be the one initiating this "winded" crap asking to come out of the game...but now it's my understanding from both Chan and CJ that is not the case. I am completely miffed!!!!

Captain Obvious
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM

You're not 30 years old yet. Get off the PC and get on a treadmill for crying out loud

The King
12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Gailey said he was winded. CJ didnt;

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM
That is my point though. It's the excuse Gailey has been using for weeks that CJ is not getting the ball more. CJ is "winded" and he comes out then it's Freds turn. What kind of crap is that?

The King
12-11-2012, 11:25 AM
This week was the first time I heard it mentioned.

ServoBillieves
12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I get winded tying my shoes.

Anyways... I always love the conspiracy aspect of things, and have considered this team wants to be entertaining enough to garner money, but then lose just enough and just as miserably every time to snuff out the faithful, therefore making Ralph's death and inevitable move a "good riddance" from Bills fans. Any moron with an IQ above 80 knows that when you draft a weapon who is finally proving to be a WEAPON in the first round, you USE HIM. If CJ is now saying he has no clue what the hell Chan is talking about, there is something to wonder about. So disgusting...

This team has so much talent; Spiller, Fred, Stevie, Chandler, Graham has promise, Levitre, Glenn, Wood (when healthy), Hairston (swing and great depth), Pears (when healthy), Urbik, The Williams brothers, Dareus, Barnett, Gilmore, Byrd... You've seen all those jerseys in the stadium.

Even behind them, you see Bradham showing flashes, Brooks is about 60/40 as a 3rd game NFL player, McKelvin can return well, Kyle Moore aside from bonehead plays is putting pressure on pretty hard... I can't see this team as being in the position it's in other than God awful ****ing worthless coaching.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM

They mentioned it a few times on the national Thursday night game, Gailey said CJ gets too excited out there and gets winded which is why he has to come out so much.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM

Nope he's been saying it for a month in the post game conference.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I bet you are always tired then!

I always give it my all!

Typ0
You know the one test they always gave us in research methodologies was to ask the question "does this make sense". That question determines what avenues you put your resources into testing for validity. And this doesn't make sense ... really it's just one thing in a very long line of BS that does not make sense.

I get winded tying my shoes.

Anyways... I always love the conspiracy aspect of things, and have considered this team wants to be entertaining enough to garner money, but then lose just enough and just as miserably every time to snuff out the faithful, therefore making Ralph's death and inevitable move a "good riddance" from Bills fans. Any moron with an IQ above 80 knows that when you draft a weapon who is finally proving to be a WEAPON in the first round, you USE HIM. If CJ is now saying he has no clue what the hell Chan is talking about, there is something to wonder about. So disgusting...

This team has so much talent; Spiller, Fred, Stevie, Chandler, Graham has promise, Levitre, Glenn, Wood (when healthy), Hairston (swing and great depth), Pears (when healthy), Urbik, The Williams brothers, Dareus, Barnett, Gilmore, Byrd... You've seen all those jerseys in the stadium.

Even behind them, you see Bradham showing flashes, Brooks is about 60/40 as a 3rd game NFL player, McKelvin can return well, Kyle Moore aside from bonehead plays is putting pressure on pretty hard... I can't see this team as being in the position it's in other than God awful ****ing worthless coaching.

DraftBoy
You're not 30 years old yet. Get off the PC and get on a treadmill for crying out loud

Im getting closer and closer.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
They mentioned it a few times on the national Thursday night game, Gailey said CJ gets too excited out there and gets winded which is why he has to come out so much.

He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????

I think more like a class of 2nd graders when they find out somebody is bringing in cupcakes but the analogy is similar.

I've seen CJ Spiller play football since he was a senior in HS. I've seen him return punts and kicks and then make multiple runs on long drives. I have never seen or heard of him needing a breather after two runs. The fact that Gailey has the gall to blantantly lie to fans and about the conditioning of his own player to me is a fireable offense.

HAMMER
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
It's Gailey speak for I am too much of a puss to tell Fred he needs to be a backup.

Zero
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM

EXACTLY....

I see what Chan's trying to do, but he's actually giving away the play to opposing defenses by never allowing Spiller to pass protect. If Spiller's in, the D can assume a run is coming with great confidence.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve about Chan. His strategy is totally illogical. Basic strategy (in most competive sports, in chess etc..) says you attempt to dictate the style and speed of the game, employing a successful strategy until your opponent can demonstrate the ability to stop it. So, in the Bills' case, if you have a player that is ripping off, on average, 6 yards per attempt, you build a strategy around that player and ride it til they stop it. This means you can play action and use misdirecton to keep the defense off balance as it attempts to adjust to what you are doing. This does not mean, however, that you make a substitution for this player, or even worse, do something idiot like empty the backfield with 5 WR with no RB to speak of. It completely neuters what is working for the offense. This is a basic concept which should be common sense to anyone who has competed in mostly anything and I dont understand why it is so blatantly obvious to everyone on this board and not to this dummy....

It's as if Chan needs to pass in order to feel like he is in control of the offense...

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM
He drafted him...remember the Presser after his drafting? He loves CJ Spiller...at least he did.

The King
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I really think this comes down to pass protection.

OpIv37
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

That, or the Bills are intentionally trying to lose, as a couple others already implied.

The guy is clearly the best player on the team. There is no reason to NOT give him the ball.

And, if you are correct, IMO this is another fire-able offense: the coach not using the team's best player because of some sort of personal vendetta. It's Gailey's job to do everything he can to win football games, not give playing time to the guys he likes personally. There are 53 guys on an NFL team- the chances of the coach liking every single one of them are slim to none. Suck it up and play the guys who give us the best chance to win.

SabreEleven
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Gailey is using this for an excuse to cover for his lousy coaching.

The King
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
CJ has handled all this like a pro too. If Gailey is here in 2013 Spiller has every right to demand a trade. IMO>

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
He drafted him...remember the Presser after his drafting? He loves CJ Spiller...at least he did.

He didn't draft anybody, Nix drafted CJ.

- - - Updated - - -

CJ has handled all this like a pro too. If Gailey is here in 2013 Spiller has every right to demand a trade. IMO>

Absolutely, I'd advise his ass to sit out camp until he's dealt.

JoeMama
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Oh lord. I just walked to the mailbox and I'm just completely drenched in sweat.

I wish Chan Gailey was here to bench me so I could get a breather.

OpIv37
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM

and once again a fire-able offense: alienating the team's best talent. And like you said- Spiller has handled it like a pro. It's not a Lynch or Whitner situation where they are getting in trouble and mouthing off off the field. If Gailey doesn't like Spiller, it's purely personal. Spiller does well on the field and acts professional off of it.

trapezeus
12-11-2012, 12:02 PM
maybe CJ does get winded. he is running almost 2x as much per carry as fred.

but in seriousness, the best case scenario and admitted the overly optimistic viewpoint is this:

Nix knows gailey gets another shot next year. he's promised to deliver a QB. The bills are trying to limit CJ touches to keep him from any major injury so next year is the year to get off and running.

in truth, the bills couldn't do that because the fan base will not return of a gailey led team. but it's fun to dream sometimes that the plan is coming together.

The King
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Absolutely, I'd advise his ass to sit out camp until he's dealt.

And with Freds career winding down, this is a move that would destroy us

feldspar
12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I doubt that Spiller was winded the whole second half...he saw three touches in the second half, I think. Not more than that, for sure. Chan acts like this is kindergarten, where we have to share our crayons. Freddie was averaging 1.6 yards-per-carry, and Spiller was averaging 5.3 yards-per-carry. And here is another thing: Freddie had 14 yards rushing. How long was his longest run? That's right, 14 yards. You could say that Jackson had one rush for 14 yards, and 8 rushes for zero yards...you could say that and not be wrong.

So, Freddie gets more rushes than Spiller AGAIN. That's the point, and this has been true in every game that the two backs have both been active, pretty much. It's also true that Spiller outperformed Freddie by a HUGE margin in all of those games, generally. Makes absolutely no sense, and it never could, no matter what. Chan is being an absolute IDIOT about it, and there is no question about that.

He freakin' acts like it's rocket science to hand the ball off to Spiller more. There is nothing to that...just hand it to him. They asked Chan yesterday if he thought CJ should have gotten the ball more. His response? "You would always like for great players to get the ball more. It just, you know, ended up not working out that way." Then he says we're going TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to get the ball to him A LOT.

Now, is Chan really this stupid, or does he just take US to be that stupid? We didn't have the opportunity to give him the ball in the second half of a close game where we are ahead? What exactly stopped him? I mean, what exactly. Of course Spiller was not winded...of course not. Not for the entire second half.

He doesn't put Spiller in on crucial, key situations in crunch-time....he's not even on the field when the game comes down to it. This has been a recurring theme all year. Even when Freddie went down this week, it was 3rd and 9 on our own 44 and we were up by 5. Who did we put in? That's right, Tashard Choice. I expected nothing less...I KNEW that was going to happen. Chan is THAT dumb. Don't tell me about pass blocking, like Choice is superior. When CJ is in there, team HAVE to account for him. He'll kill you on a screen pass or whatever else. So we overthrow it to Graham, the rookie AGAIN...remember we went to him at the end of the Patriots game (which we could have won) on a play he never practiced.

So the Rams get the ball back, and we lose. Same old story all over again, and it's unbelievable that Chan seems to not learn any lessons. Stubborn old man, is what he is. "I've always done it this way," or something like that.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 12:20 PM
And with Freds career winding down, this is a move that would destroy us

Lying about your best players conditioning is what I would consider to be defamation and if I was his agent, I'd send a cease letter and if Gailey even more time mentioned it I'd sue he and the Buffalo Bills for defamation and loss of future earning.

The game Gailey is playing right now is far more devastating than what Spiller's alternatives are.

feldspar
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
The bills are trying to limit CJ touches to keep him from any major injury so next year is the year to get off and running.

I heard this theory before. With all due respect, that's a bunch of crap. They were doing the same things as far as under-utilizing their best player when the Bills were very much still in the hunt. We'd still be one game away from the wildcard if we beat the Rams, even after all that has happened.

That theory is totally beat. It's just not true, and there is no way it could be. That would be tantamount to losing on purpose and playing scared. Now we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs, and Spiller will see more carries.

I think CJ has millions in incentives, but I'm not sure exactly what those incentives are. You know he's got to be a little pissed here, no matter what he says.

feldspar
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
It's all about the "rotation."

But you don't rotate your best player out just because you wrote that down sometime long ago...especially when he's TOTALLY outperforming the the guy who rotates in for him.

HAMMER
12-11-2012, 02:27 PM
The speculation in this thread is rampant and some of it is ridiculous. As DB said it may be pass protection related although I thought CJ was doing a FAR better job this year than in the past. I think Gailey is too much of a puss to tell Fred he is not The Man anymore.

imbondz
12-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I heard CJ on the radio he says winded is BS. An any idiot knows that winded is either prima donna crap or some line of BS. I don't see CJ as a prima donna so that leaves Chan BS. What is the deal with Spillers contract? Are there incentives that are causing them to not use him? This is really really sick if it's true because it will drive the organization further downhill. It just seems to keep getting worse....

Typo stop asking questions, he was winded man.

- - - Updated - - -

7 touches is plenty for the best player on our team. we need to spread the ball so everyone can play.

imbondz
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM

lol!

JoeMama
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I wish we knew about CJ Spiller's degenerative exhaustion problem prior to drafting him.

He may never suit up again if he keeps getting so winded.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
the insult is only going to get worse...for I would like to know if he was winded last week how he's going to get more carries this week.

trapezeus
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
i don't buy the blocking bit either. it's not the 2007 bills where the line couldn't hold up for 2 seconds. most downs where the RB could chip in on a block, he goes wide for the screen. and i've never seen either RB made into a turnstile this year.

Gailey just doesn't have it. He lost his mojo late last year, and he's second guessing himself because he knows fitz can't get anything done and he has no other tools. He's a pass first kind of guy and can't adapt. the Jerry Sullivan article was evident of this. He was mad that sullivan asked him if he should maybe give up coaching and OC at the same time. and he said, "i've been doing it this way the whole time." He doesn't even have a good track record for that defense to make sense.

and frankly, CJ makes the lines issues seem non existant. how many times has he run into the back of his own guy to bounce out and grab 5-50 yards? at least 2 x a game. if the bills blocked better, imagine him hitting a hole with speed. Then, maybe the guy would get winded.

Typ0
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I think we need 1000 fans to go out to the fieldhouse with signs that call for Chan to have C.J. Running laps. It would seem to me he just must not be running enough laps in this pop warner operation. Let's get it done!

Typ0
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM

I found this image from Spiller's college days. It really explains a lot! You would think the scouting department would have seen this problem before they drafted him!!!!

SABURZFAN
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Gailey has just as much BS than the Democratic supporters in the Spin Zone.

BillsFever21
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
CJ wasn't winded for the few games that Jackson missed early in the year while Jackson was coming back from another injury. He also wasn't winded during the Miami game when he had 22 carries when Jackson was injured again. I'm willing to bet he won't be winded the last few games either while Jackson is out with ANOTHER injury that ended his season.

This is just a pathetic excuse for Gailey to try and shift the blame from him and pin it on Spiller. Whether it's because of contractual escalators in Spiller's contract or out of dedication, respect or to feel you are getting your monies worth out of the new contract to Jackson, Gailey is a complete idiot for rarely using Spiller especially in close games in the last 20+ minutes of the game.

BillsFever21
12-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Christ I'm at the age when RB's are usually retired, smoke cigarettes, about 20 pounds overweight and I rarely get any exercise and I could run 20 yards without getting winded enough where I would need to come out of the game.

We're talking about a conditioned athlete who has been doing this his entire life and Gailey is trying to use this winded BS for leaving him on the sidelines for most of the game even while he is shredding defenses apart. Gailey isn't the brightest HC out there but if he really thinks anyone outside of a complete hopeless homer is going to buy that excuse then he is even worse then I thought.

Christ them fat bastards on the DL run around more during the game without needing to be taken out due to being "winded" and he's trying to say Spiller is? This guy really needs to go.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I wish we knew about CJ Spiller's degenerative exhaustion problem prior to drafting him.

He may never suit up again if he keeps getting so winded.

I volunteer to push CJ to the field in the wheelchair, just so he doesn't get exhausted running out of the tunnel during announcements.

BertSquirtgum
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Gailey is a lying piece of scumbag trying to save his ass by making excuses and throwing his best player under the bus. **** him.

Historian
12-12-2012, 08:13 AM
If Thurman was winded, he came out for one play.

Night Train
12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I think Gailey is winded from thinking.