5-t. Tennessee 4-9
7. Detroit 4-9
8. Arizona 4-9
9. San Diego 5-8
10. Cleveland 5-8
11. Buffalo 5-8
12. Miami 5-8
13. New Orleans 5-8

If Buffalo loses out they still have a good shot to get a top 5 pick. Every 4-9 team except for Philly have a much higher SOS than the Bills right now and have a winnable game left. San Diego has three winnable games left and I believe Cleveland will finish with a higher SOS.

I've never wanted the Bills to lose before, but I have given up on this staff and I really want us to have a shot at a QB. I would like Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, but I don't think we have a shot at either if we can't get higher.

gebobs
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Rest easy. The Bills are finished. It's just a matter of how the others do.

Ed
12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
San Diego plays at Carolina and Detroit plays at Arizona this week, so a loss to Seattle will move us up at least a couple spots after this weekend.

The biggest problem I see right now is that KC, Jax, Oakland, and Philly could all seriously consider going with a QB with their top pick.

Raptor
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Ive pretty much conceded that we'll select a QB with our second pick

first pick is either WR or LB based on Nix comments

swiper
12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
The top 2 QBs will be gone by #11 - and the rest of them are garbage. Even the top 2 wil struggle to make it. Nix missed his chance.

Skooby
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
There's a better than average chance we could move up this board, I see 7th a most likely landing place.

TedMock
12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
The first 4 teams could all use a QB. I think 1st round QB is out of the question unless we get insanely lucky.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Come to us Keenan Allen...come to the coldy and snowy north!

trapezeus
12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
it's impossible to not watch the teams ahead of us take qb's. KC and Jacksonville have no one.

Mularkey didn't pick gabbert. and henne proved he was just a back up.
KC - brady quinn and cassel? need an upgrade
Oakland - they love getting qb's.
philly - definitely

and there are a couple teams there i could see that would take the flyer on a qb.

either win when you got a win easily in your grasp (titans, both patriots, patriots, and rams) or lose with no abandon. that stupid arizona game and even the miami game could have easily been pissed away.

ServoBillieves
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
11? Let's draft either Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller, or... oh wait a minute.. Leodis McKelvin!

It's always #11. So pathetic.

venis2k1
12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
We snatched Spiller at pick #9...and i think Marshawn was #12????

but...Pathetic none the less.

Ed
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
11? Let's draft either Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller, or... oh wait a minute.. Leodis McKelvin!

It's always #11. So pathetic.
Don't forget Aaron Maybin. Best #11 pick ever.

Ed
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Keenan Allen is intriguing. Would you take him over Te'o?

YardRat
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Hell no.

BillsFever21
12-11-2012, 05:49 PM
The top 2 QBs will be gone by #11 - and the rest of them are garbage. Even the top 2 wil struggle to make it. Nix missed his chance.

Who knows how this draft class will turn out but you nailed it that Nix has already missed his chance and it will set us back for years. Andy Dalton was sitting there for us a couple years ago and he takes Aaron Williams instead. Russell Wilson was sitting there last year and he took TJ Graham. Throw in other blunders like taking Terrel Troupe over Gronkowski and he has totally screwed up the 2nd and 3rd round picks for this team.

Neither Dalton or Wilson will be HOF elite QB's but they will be good QB's that you can win with and it would've came with a cheap price tag in the draft. Instead we ended up with a bum at CB and it's still TBD with Graham. It's too hard to evaluate him when his game doesn't fit what Gailey and/or Fitzpatrick can do on offense. Either way it would've been a much better choice.

Imagine if we had Dalton and Gronkowsi added to the offense right now. Even with this miserable HC and coaching staff we would be a playoff team this season. Even without the Gronkowski pick we still would've been with this pathetic schedule and we would've had a QB to build around for the next decade. Instead we gave Fitzpatrick 24 million dollars of guaranteed money and we're still searching for a viable QB. This organization is pathetic from the top down.

SABURZFAN
12-11-2012, 06:02 PM
it doesn't matter where they pick. they'll find a way to piss it away with somebody who has potential instead of somebody who can step in right away and make an impact.

BertSquirtgum
12-11-2012, 06:08 PM

i'd rather have te'o

kingJofNYC
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
i'd rather have te'o

Don't get fooled by the hype!

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's not an impact guy. Truth be told, the Bills need a guy like Te'o, a genuine leader, but his ceiling is limited. Allen has size and speed, exactly what we want opposite Steve.

I'm glad Dareus is playing better these last few weeks, he needs to be more consistent and tighten up a bit, but he's been playing better which definitely eases my mind going forward. Think we can use another DE to be honest. DE or WR, G depending on what happens with Levitre and the other free agents.

Skooby
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
I think we need a QB to groom, even if we have to move back to get value. This limited range on throws & Field goals is really heart breaking.

DraftBoy
12-11-2012, 09:03 PM

Id be very tempted. MLB are a lot easier to find than elite WR's.

jamze132
12-12-2012, 04:49 AM
It doesn't matter that we passed up on guys like Dalton, Watt, Gronk, etc. There's no way to know if they would have flourished in Buffalo like they currently are.

Billsouth
12-12-2012, 06:03 AM

I know Keenan well. He went to my kids high school. He is a great kid, big, strong. He doesnt have elite top end speed and is probably a 4.5 buy but runs great routes, great hands and gets off the line quick.

X-Era
12-12-2012, 06:12 AM
I know Keenan well. He went to my kids high school. He is a great kid, big, strong. He doesnt have elite top end speed and is probably a 4.5 buy but runs great routes, great hands and gets off the line quick.
I'm a fan. I'd be fine with Allen. I like Hunter's athleticism more but he's been so mediocre this year and had that injury a year ago. I also like Robert Woods. If we go another position in the 1st, I'd love it if he slipped to us in the 2nd. But that seems unlikely to me at this point.

coastal
12-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Yeah... a wideout.

thats exactly what this team needs.

the Lions of old... cough, cough.

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah... a wideout.

thats exactly what this team needs.

the Lions of old... cough, cough.

Yes because we've drafted Carlos Rodgers and Calvin Johnson before in the 1st Round...can you point out Calvin to me on this roster?

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 07:36 AM

That is a very accurate post of what K. Allen is.
We also already have that receiver on this team.
I like him but not with our 1st rd. pick, so that means we don't get him.

It's about the QB. Why don't we find that guy. Then all your receivers magically become better. Ask the guys in New Eng, and Indy this year.

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
That is a very accurate post of what K. Allen is.
We also already have that receiver on this team.I like him but not with our 1st rd. pick, so that means we don't get him.

It's about the QB. Why don't we find that guy. Then all your receivers magically become better. Ask the guys in New Eng, and Indy this year.

Who? And so help me god if you say Stevie Johnson you have lost all credibility when it comes to evaluating any player.

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 07:38 AM
And Woods could possibly get to the 2nd rd.

Woods is more of a #2 receiver in the NFL.

His teammate , M. Lee, is the guy you want after next season if you are ever going to use a 1st rd. pick on a wr.

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Who? And so help me god if you say Stevie Johnson you have lost all credibility when it comes to evaluating any player.

Yes, a better version of Stevie.

You can find those guys. If it Was Marquise Lee then I would seriously think about it.

coastal
12-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes because we've drafted Carlos Rodgers and Calvin Johnson before in the 1st Round...can you point out Calvin to me on this roster?
No QB, our top 3 guards not under contract and Eric Wood with an annual injury.

but let's go get us a guy who can do Acura commercials.

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes, a better version of Stevie.

You can find those guys. If it Was Marquise Lee then I would seriously think about it.
Just sad.

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 08:30 AM
If you don't think Lee is better then Woods or Allen I don't know what to tell ya.

Of course I told you that before this season.

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
If you don't think Lee is better then Woods or Allen I don't know what to tell ya.

Of course I told you that before this season.

Lee isn't eligible so the discussion is mute. That being said Lee has plenty of questions with him as well. He only runs two routes, and doesn't like going over the middle. He's a phenomenal deep threat and big play guy but to compare him to this class is pointless since he's not in it.

Whereas Allen is also a great deep threat, runs a full route tree, has better size and YAC ability than Lee. He's not as fast but he's a guy I'd rank as high as Lee, and depending on what Lee shows next season maybe higher maybe not.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
No ****ing way they should draft a wide receiver in the 1st. They should have drafted aj green over Dareus but they didn't.

Ed
12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Assuming we can't get a decent WR in free agency, I'm ok with getting a WR like Allen in the first if we can't get our QB. I'd rather trade down and get extra picks, but we desperately need some talent added to our WR position. Whatever qb we get is going to struggle if their only decent target is Stevie.

Night Train
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I saw Allen in person this year at Columbus vs. Ohio St. in Sept. Caught 9 passes and is quite a talent.

I still would take Te'o, due to all the extra intangibles. Character and leadership being off the charts. In many ways, he reminds me of Chris Spielman. He looks you in the eye and you believe in him like few others. Those types don't come around too often.

swiper
12-12-2012, 11:28 AM
No QB, our top 3 guards not under contract and Eric Wood with an annual injury.

but let's go get us a guy who can do Acura commercials.

No QB worth taking at #11 will be available. And I don't care who you are, you don't take a guard or center at #11 (don't want to hear that old, tired Mike Iaputi argument).

You want to argue safety (to replace George Wilson) or a LB, fine. But guards, centers, and right tackles can be had elsewhere in the draft.

trapezeus
12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
are these mocks based on gailey sitting idly by as HC again, or nix being forced out and whaley getting his chance to get a coach and qb?

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
are these mocks based on gailey sitting idly by as HC again, or nix being forced out and whaley getting his chance to get a coach and qb?

Based on assumption and conjecture. They will continue to shape up as we learn the fate of our HC, GM, and QB.

Basic Logic would dictate;

HC and GM stay look for us to not take QB in Round 1

HC and GM go look for that to become a bigger reality.

TacklingDummy
12-12-2012, 11:47 AM
No ****ing way they should draft a wide receiver in the 1st. They should have drafted aj green over Dareus but they didn't.

:clap: Agreed.

coastal
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
No QB worth taking at #11 will be available. And I don't care who you are, you don't take a guard or center at #11 (don't want to hear that old, tired Mike Iaputi argument).

You want to argue safety (to replace George Wilson) or a LB, fine. But guards, centers, and right tackles can be had elsewhere in the draft.
I don't agree with you at all.

lolz.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Taking a guard or center at #11 would be ******ed.

coastal
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Taking a guard or center at #11 would be ******ed.
Why?

i don't care what QB or WR u draft, without an online they all suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention we don't have a serviceable RT on the roster either.

swiper
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
That's coastal's modus operandi. :ignore:

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Much more pressing needs than more centers and guards with a high draft. So dumb.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
If you want to take a G or C in the 1st round, you trade down and acquire more picks. Then take your G or C. Or you take your 2nd round pick and trade back up into the first round to take them.

Guards and Centers hardly ever are drafted top 20.

Taking one at 11 is idiotic.

cookie G
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
If you want to take a G or C in the 1st round, you trade down and acquire more picks. Then take your G or C. Or you take your 2nd round pick and trade back up into the first round to take them.

Guards and Centers hardly ever are drafted top 20.

Taking one at 11 is idiotic.

Well, it could be worse,

you could draft a safety that get 1 int per year;
a RB you trade for a 4th round pick;(btw, the trade was dumb, not the pick);
a DE that never registers a sack;
a CB that ends up being a nickel back.

Actually, a Markice Pouncey doesn't look bad under those scenarios.

Ever notice that teams like Baltimore and Pitt always draft lower than us, rarely take a sexy pick, but end up with a better roster than us. I wonder why that is?

I remember saying that a year or two ago on another board and someone came back with "Oh yeah, well, they'd draft DB's if they were drafting higher!" I had to laugh.

Hell, Pitt has taken Pouncey and DeCastro in 2 of the 3 last years. I don't know if Miami is complaining about their Pouncey, and I doubt SF is complaining about Iupati.

Actually, the center and guard positions are coming back into importance as a means of solidifying a line. Teams have come to realize that merely having a pro bowl LT isn't enough.

it is why SF went so high on Iupati
and why NE pays Mankins and ran out and got Brian Waters as soon as he was available;
or why Balt. pays to keep Birk and Marshall Yanda;
and why NO, when they lost a PB guard, went out and paid Ben Grubbs;
and why Pitt drafted Pouncey and later, DeCastro.

It is why, if you look at most playoff teams, they are pretty strong up the middle.

Teams blitz more from the inside now, because QB's are beating outside blitzes easier. Some teams are trying to emulate You need the weaponry to counter the attack.

The "we can get one later" argument can apply to pretty much any position except QB.

Not saying we should take a C or G at 11, but this franchise has noooo standing to judge the value of draft picks and where a position should be drafted.

******ed is continuing to draft DB's with first and 2nd round picks, and wondering why your D isn't very good.

X-Era
12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Well, it could be worse,

you could draft a safety that get 1 int per year;
a RB you trade for a 4th round pick;(btw, the trade was dumb, not the pick);
a DE that never registers a sack;
a CB that ends up being a nickel back.

Actually, a Markice Pouncey doesn't look bad under those scenarios.

Ever notice that teams like Baltimore and Pitt always draft lower than us, rarely take a sexy pick, but end up with a better roster than us. I wonder why that is?

I remember saying that a year or two ago on another board and someone came back with "Oh yeah, well, they'd draft DB's if they were drafting higher!" I had to laugh.

Hell, Pitt has taken Pouncey and DeCastro in 2 of the 3 last years. I don't know if Miami is complaining about their Pouncey, and I doubt SF is complaining about Iupati.

Actually, the center and guard positions are coming back into importance as a means of solidifying a line. Teams have come to realize that merely having a pro bowl LT isn't enough.

it is why SF went so high on Iupati
and why NE pays Mankins and ran out and got Brian Waters as soon as he was available;
or why Balt. pays to keep Birk and Marshall Yanda;
and why NO, when they lost a PB guard, went out and paid Ben Grubbs;
and why Pitt drafted Pouncey and later, DeCastro.

It is why, if you look at most playoff teams, they are pretty strong up the middle.

Teams blitz more from the inside now, because QB's are beating outside blitzes easier. Some teams are trying to emulate You need the weaponry to counter the attack.

The "we can get one later" argument can apply to pretty much any position except QB.

Not saying we should take a C or G at 11, but this franchise has noooo standing to judge the value of draft picks and where a position should be drafted.

******ed is continuing to draft DB's with first and 2nd round picks, and wondering why your D isn't very good.
I don't get it. You weren't happy with Woods in the 1st and Levitre in the 2nd?

coastal
12-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Thrilled... Except we stand to lose Levitre and Wood has an injury problem.

Urbik and Rhinehart are free agents, and we have no right tackle to speak of.

Realizing what we would face heading into THIS COMING offseason, I advocated drafting DeCastro last year. We didn't and thank God Glenn fell to us in the 2nd or we'd be in even worse shape.

I'm not saying we should take a guard, center or RT with our first round pick... but we shouldn't be dismissing it either.

a lot will get cleared up after the first batch of free agency.

looking at things right now... there's only two guys Im looking at for our first pick... one of them plays middle linebacker and one is an o-linemen.

X-Era
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Realizing what we would face heading into THIS COMING offseason, I advocated drafting DeCastro last year. We didn't and thank God Glenn fell to us in the 2nd or we'd be in even worse shape.

I'm not saying we should take a guard, center or RT with our first round pick... but we shouldn't be dismissing it either.

looking at things right now... there's only two guys Im looking at for our first pick... one of them plays middle linebacker and one is an o-linemen.I think DraftBoy would echo this sentiment... We are not in a position to dismiss much of anything in the 1st round at this point. For me, I'll say it a bit different. Best player available is always the right move. Even better is best player available at a need position.

I harp on players that I think might be at out pick and fit clear needs. Te'o and Geno Smith... Allen, Justin Hunter. But, it's possible that those guys aren't there or aren't worthy (reaches) and then we should look at who is and what the value of that player is at our spot.

If that's a C, so be it.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Manti Te'o at 11. /thread.

cookie G
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Very happy with the picks. I kinda like it when players live up to their draft position.

The Jokeman
12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I think DraftBoy would echo this sentiment... We are not in a position to dismiss much of anything in the 1st round at this point. For me, I'll say it a bit different. Best player available is always the right move. Even better is best player available at a need position.

I harp on players that I think might be at out pick and fit clear needs. Te'o and Geno Smith... Allen, Justin Hunter. But, it's possible that those guys aren't there or aren't worthy (reaches) and then we should look at who is and what the value of that player is at our spot.

If that's a C, so be it.

The only positions I would dismiss in the 1st Round are RB, K, P and LS. All others warrant consideration but I prefer QB LB and WR in terms of need/talent but I've always said the draft about the best collection of talent and right now at pick 11 I don't foress see a great talent at QB so lean toward LB and WR based on preliminary analysis.

Bert102176
12-13-2012, 07:09 PM
this is the Bills were talking about they will win 1 or 2 and screw up a better pick

Bert102176
12-13-2012, 07:13 PM

looking at things right now... there's only two guys Im looking at for our first pick... one of them plays middle linebacker and one is an o-linemen.

I would love Manti Te'o he is amazing but I just don't se him being where we pick