PDA

View Full Version : Dareus Interview

kingJofNYC
12-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Pretty good interview. Sounds like he was suffering from a bit of depression, didn't leave his at all unless it involved some football related trip (guess he's including his trip to London under that category). He's had a hard life.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/sports/overcoming-tragedy-bills-dareus-has-no-peer/

DBrown77
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
People have been giving him grief on this board all year. People don't understand that players have personal lives too which can affect play.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
People have been giving him grief on this board all year. People don't understand that players have personal lives too which can affect play.
How did Farve play after his father died?

I wanted Green or Peterson at the time and still do.

HAMMER
12-11-2012, 11:53 PM

This post is a dick.

HAMMER
12-11-2012, 11:56 PM

Not all men handle grief or tragedy the same way. The careers of these young men are still to be written, don't jump the gun.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Refresh my memory was Farves dad murderer???

DBrown77
12-12-2012, 05:24 AM

This is exactly what I was speaking of. People think that these players should only focus on football and nothing else.

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't have any concerns about Dareus being a very good dt in this league for a long time.

One of the few picks this organization has gotten right.

djjimkelly
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
this guys brother died early in the season.

im 39 and if my brother was no longer alive id be a mental case for a good while

cookie G
12-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Great for the 1st game, pretty average or below average the rest of the year.

OpIv37
12-12-2012, 08:45 AM
This is exactly what I was speaking of. People think that these players should only focus on football and nothing else.

Here's the thing though: if he's not mentally capable of playing at a high level, then either he has to take himself out or the coach should see it and take him out.

Carrington actually played well the last few games. It's impossible to tell now, but maybe we would have been better off with Dareus off the field while he works through these mental issues than with him on the field.

Although, at this point I guess we shouldn't be surprised by a coaching mistake....

coastal
12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
If managed correctly... Dareus could end up being a longterm, loyal productive member of this organization.

or we can flush him... Like we always do.

justasportsfan
12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Here's the thing though: if he's not mentally capable of playing at a high level, then either he has to take himself out or the coach should see it and take him out.

Not necessarily. A lot of times it's better to get out and take your mind away from it. Yes, your team may be affected by it TEMPORARILY but the sooner you get out there the sooner you get over it and the better it is for your team.

TedMock
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Ignorant post. 100% apples and oranges. All people deal with loss differently. Doesn't make one stronger/weaker either way. Favre was so tough and so good at dealing with pain that he developed an addiction to vicodin. We all have weakness. Favre's father died in natural order (your dad is "supposed" to die before you) and by natural causes. He died in the car, but it was of natural causes (can't remember if it was a heart attack or stroke). Dareus' YOUNGER brother died unnaturally at the hands of someone else. Much, much different story. Much, much different feeling of loss. I was very close to my dad and he died young (40's). It was tough to deal with, but it was of natural causes and not impossible to get over. Same with loss of other relatives. My cousin, who I was also very close to, died in his 30's because somebody randomly broke into his house to rob it, in a nice middle-class neighborhood, and shot him when he woke up. That death was and still is a lot tougher to swallow. It's not even in the same league how much different that feeling is. The loss of somebody you care about it tough. The loss of somebody you care about because they were taken from you is tougher. At least that's been my experience.

OpIv37
12-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Not necessarily. A lot of times it's better to get out and take your mind away from it. Yes, your team may be affected by it TEMPORARILY but the sooner you get out there the sooner you get over it and the better it is for your team.

well, I'm not a psychologist, but there has to be a way to help Dareus get over his pain without dragging the team and the fans down with him because he can't perform on the field.

justasportsfan
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
well, I'm not a psychologist, but there has to be a way to help Dareus get over his pain without dragging the team and the fans down with him because he can't perform on the field.

A lot of people submerge themselves in work to keep their mind off things. BUt like I said, the sooner it is they snap out of it, the better it is for everyone.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-12-2012, 11:57 AM
For the Dareus haters lets get this right. Dareus was and is the right choice at #3 overall in 2011. The wrong choice in that draft was not going after Andy Dalton with our second pick. Dareus is not a problem and will be at least a competent DT for the forseeable future.

Joe Fo Sho
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
For the Dareus haters lets get this right. Dareus was and is the right choice at #3 overall in 2011. The wrong choice in that draft was not going after Andy Dalton with our second pick. Dareus is not a problem and will be at least a competent DT for the forseeable future.

Oh, well now I'm convinced.

justasportsfan
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM

I always thought you were better than this.

who knows what Farve could have been if he went through this.

his younger brother – Simeon Gilmore, age 19 – was discovered gunned down, dead, in a triple-homicide/robbery in Pelham, Ala.

His Dad died when he was 6.

His grandmother, who helped raise him, died when he was 13.

His high school football coach and father figure was killed in a car crash when Dareus lived with him, at age 18.

And his single mother, who had been confined to a wheelchair for years in eroding health (complications from congestive heart problems), died when he was 20.

besides. Dareus is 23. How old was Farve?

colin
12-13-2012, 07:31 AM
aj and pp have been MUCH better players, and at positions of greater need. i hope marcel is a 5x pro bowler for us, but let's face it, thus far he's at the bottom end of the top 10 picks from that year.

Bert102176
12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
he lost his brother who wouldn't be depressed