PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock - Mike

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 07:30 AM
A mock draft from one of our other editors.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/12/2013-nfl-mock-draft-mike-watkins/

So now the Bills have an interesting issue at hand with the biggest question being how much do they love the rest of the QB’s on the board specifically M.Barkley? Personally after listening to Nix comments on the type of QB he wants Barkley really doesn’t fit that mold and I don’t think they will select him or another QB with their first round pick.

Now where does that leave the Bills? The top LB’s are off the board, the top WR is off the board, the top OT is off the board, they don’t value an OG enough to take one here, and the top CB is off the board. For Nix and the Bills this is not how you wanted the top 10 picks to go. At this point I imagine they would try and move down but I don’t do trades in my draft and its rare for Nix to do one in real life.

Bills 2nd and 3rd Round picks are listed on Page 2.

k-oneputt
12-12-2012, 07:46 AM
I see your editor fiqured out that Philly is taking an o-tackle.
To high for Banks, Jefferson, and Minter. Milliner is a better cb.

I do like Patterson for a wr.

stuckincincy
12-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Surprised at the WR selection. If my roof leaks and my foundation is cracked, I don't go and buy fancy new windows. I'm not a fan of the so-called "value pick."

BUF bleeds heavily at the LB spot.

Side note: His selection of a pass-rush DE for CIN is curious. Johnson, Dunlap, Geathers, and Gilberry have racked up 20 sacks so far, and 105 combined tackles. Perhaps he's thinking of a replacement for 9-year vet Geathers. They really need a safety to pair with Reggie Nelson. And if Thomas Howard doesn't come back from injury, LB is going to be a priority for them.

TedMock
12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Surprised at the WR selection. If my roof leaks and my foundation is cracked, I don't go and buy fancy new windows. I'm not a fan of the so-called "value pick."

Side note: His selection of a pass-rush DE for CIN is curious. Johnson, Dunlap, Geathers, and Gilberry have racked up 20 sacks so far, and 105 combined tackles. Perhaps he's thinking of a replacement for 9-year vet Geathers. They really need a safety to pair with Reggie Nelson. And if Thomas Howard doesn't come back from injury, LB is going to be a priority for them.

We desperately need a LB, but in all fairness we also desperately need a WR, CB, SS and, of course, QB. All would make sense if elite talent presents itself. Sadly, with the teams at the top of the draft, QB will most likely not be an option in round 1.

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 09:35 AM

I believe Johnson is also a FA at the end of the year and I'd further say that WR is a foundation issue for this team. Teams stack the box and we have no way to keep them honest because we lack the option at WR and the talent at QB.

stuckincincy
12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I believe Johnson is also a FA at the end of the year and I'd further say that WR is a foundation issue for this team. Teams stack the box and we have no way to keep them honest because we lack the option at WR and the talent at QB.

Hard to think that CIN wouldn't re-sign Johnson.

IIRC, Daryl Talley pegged the BUF offense as a screen pass offense. That combats the stack. I like what they have at wr, given that style of play.

BUF might not be a powerhouse, but their offense isn't a dog in total offense - 21st, but the margins are small. They are 17.1 YPG behind OAK at #13. Of course, it's not the total yards, it's the situations.

They will be fortunate if they pluck a rookie QB to replace Fitz, and I doubt he would get playing time to flourish.

BUF OL continues to be plagued with injuries and depth lack. The DL is decent, but thin - Carrington shows up big against the small. They need some impact at LB - Were I Wanny, I'd dump the goofy scheme, bring 'em up and blitz etc. To find out if I have a hidden gem. But that will never happen.

Ed
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't know anything about Hopkins, but I like the Nassib pick in the 2nd round and as a UConn fan I love the Smallwood pick in the 3rd. If Hopkins is worth the pick, I like how he addressed our three biggest needs with the first three picks.

In that situation with Wilson, Allen, and Te'o all off the board, I'd be a bigger fan of trading down though.

trapezeus
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
a WR, a CB would be the two things i just don't think we need at all. at least in the first round. I think the DB's get better with a real LB corp (possibly one playmaker)

and i think the WR will be good with an accurate passer.

i would rather over draft on a QB or LB than take another position where we won't see them (WR without a QB is effectively wasting a pick). TJ Graham, open on long throws all season by 2-3 steps. he's caught maybe one long pass vs the jags. i'd love to see him given the lofton routes and have a qb that can deliver that throw. SJ still looks good. i honestly think Donald Jones needs an award for half his catches. he went into crazy hits because of fitz and when fitz gave him an accurate ball, he took it to the house. get nelson back, and chandler as back up, i think they are good. easly, and another FA or later WR should work.