• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckg927
    Not quite Best in the World....
    • Aug 2012

Jim Kelly remains optimistic about the Bills staying in Buffalo

Just aired on Channel 2's 6pm news and posted to its website.

Though, obviously, Kelly didn't really say all that much-for obvious reasons-there is some hope for keeping the Bills in WNY.

John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Jim Kelly remains optimistic about the Bills staying in Buffalo

We tried everything will be the final call by Jim.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Not going to happen, plain and simple.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ed
        • Sep 2002

I'm trying to think of a polite way to say that if Ralph won't sell the team then I'm ready for him to leave this earth...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          I'm trying to think of a polite way to say that if Ralph won't sell the team then I'm ready for him to leave this earth...
          He wants the best for his already rich family, he doesn't care about the fan base. He won't sell the team, and when he dies it will become a bidding war. Guess how many people in Buffalo have enough money to outbid LA or Toronto? Yeah... no.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            No need for politeness these days.

Comment

• Ed
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
              He wants the best for his already rich family, he doesn't care about the fan base. He won't sell the team, and when he dies it will become a bidding war. Guess how many people in Buffalo have enough money to outbid LA or Toronto? Yeah... no.
              I honestly believe at this point that Ralph just wants to see his team win a superbowl and he's not going to give up until he dies, whether he's competent enough to make that happen or not. He's already given his family the best and he's even starting to outlive them. The Bills have been his life. I can't blame him for not wanting to give them up.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

I want the team to have a different owner too BUT the reason he wont sell is because of the Estate Tax. Its lower if its sold after his death.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

How many times has Jill helped her drunk husband to bed?

Comment

• gonzo1105
                    • Jul 2002

Why do I get this weird feeling that Ralph is giving the team to Jim in his will. Maybe thats just hope but him saying he knows of things makes me think their is a succession plan. You can also see Jim is always around. I think these investors are people who will buy a minority stake in the team to pay off the taxes and share in ownership as part of the deal. Just a guess but he seems supremely confident about it

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I get this weird feeling that Ralph is giving the team to Jim in his will. Maybe thats just hope but him saying he knows of things makes me think their is a succession plan. You can also see Jim is always around. I think these investors are people who will buy a minority stake in the team to pay off the taxes and share in ownership as part of the deal. Just a guess but he seems supremely confident about it

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                      Why do I get this weird feeling that Ralph is giving the team to Jim in his will.
                      Obviously Ralph is fond of Jimbo, but he isn't that smitten with him.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        How many times has Jill helped her drunk husband to bed?
                        How many times did another woman helped Jill's husband to bed is a better question, he apologized quite a bit for his previous deceptions.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Not going to happen, plain and simple.
                          What's not going to happen?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            What's not going to happen?
                            Bills staying in Buffalo, you read my rant about what's set up right?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I love Kelly, I really do. He's my 2nd favorite player all-time, behind Bruce Smith. I even met him and played touch football with him at Jim Kelly Football Camp in Rochester back in the day. He had an ego, but he really cared about that camp. A lot of athletes lend their name to something, make a token appearance and disappear. He missed the first day because of a prior commitment, but he was there all day, every day after that, in the hot summer sun (ok, it was Rochester so it wasn't that hot), driving around in a golf cart helping all the different groups (we were divided by age and then by position).

So, I hate to say anything bad about the guy. And I like what he's saying and TRYING to do about the Bills.

But the reality is that it is completely out of his power. He doesn't have the money or the political clout to do much about the team's future. He's well-respected and he's a great cheerleader for keeping the team in Buffalo, but that's it. As with every previous time this subject has come up, he says nothing concrete. He alludes to people and interests and behind-the-scenes long-term plans, but there are no details, no evidence, nothing real.

Yes, I know "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" (in Sam Jackson Boondocks voice), but please tell me this: if Ralph has a plan for the team after his death, what benefit is there to keeping it on the down low? He's getting raked through the coals by the fans and the media, and a concrete plan to keep the team in Buffalo would allow him to live out his life as a hero regardless of how crappy the team does on the field. Keeping it silent adds no benefit whatsoever.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X