PDA

View Full Version : Tavaris Jackson

coastal
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Why did we trade for him and wtf happened and wtf is going on?

Skooby
12-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

mikemac2001
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
7th rd pick....no worries and who knows might be on roster next year as backup.

Bangarang
12-12-2012, 07:52 PM
7th rd pick....no worries and who knows might be on roster next year as backup.

Isnt Jackson a free agent after this season?

DraftBoy
12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Isnt Jackson a free agent after this season?

Yep

YardRat
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm really starting to think he told the team to piss off, there was no way he wanted to play in Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm really starting to think he told the team to piss off, there was no way he wanted to play in Buffalo.

I wouldn't blame him. Chan Gailey is a joke.

The Jokeman
12-12-2012, 08:34 PM

Thigpen and Vince Young had poor preseasons so we were worried we didn't have a severiceable backup in place if anything happened to Fitz. So we brought in a new guy to kick to the tires to see if he was better then our option of Thigpen. It appears that he hasn't shown anything in practice or the coaching staff is hoping that keeping him around for the year in the current system will serve him well if we elect to re-sign him to be our #3 in 2014. It's not unheard of I mean look at the Steelers who've kept Charlie Batch to serve as their 3rd stringer for years. Yet in reality I think we're more likely to let Thigpen walk (as he's due to be an UFA too) and re-sign Jackson to be our #2 and if the draft falls how we hoped get a QB in Round 1 or 2 and then let Fitz go and then sign a a journeyman QB (see Stephen McGee or Josh Johnson type) to use in camp that can either move to #3 or cut and let Brad Smith once again be our #3 in 2014.

justasportsfan
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Here's the problem with Chan. He's no different from Jauron on the offensive side of the ball.

The team went from knowing they can win to hoping they can win because Chan refuses to just let them play football.

Fitz last year was a gun slinger who made mistakes. While I agreed that limiting Fitz from making mistakes was the way to go in the beginning, it ruined Fitz's confidence. He turned Fitz into another Trent Edwards who still makes mistakes. Now we have a qb who is made to be a game manager who still makes mistakes.

This is why IMO Stevie came out and said that Fitz should make the calls because IMO, Chan is holding them back.

Chan has a dynamic rb in Spiller and used him conservatively. Chan said that Spiller gets winded. He thinks Spiller CAN'T last. Thats a HC who is scared about everything IMO. People who make conservative decisions are coaches who coach scared.

Jim Harbaugh's decision to play Kaepernick is obviously because Kaepernick can make things happen while Smith is a game manager. Whether it pans out or not remains to be seen but that's a coach who's playing to win.

So if he doesn't have enough confidence in the players that have been in his system like Fitz, he won't have any confidence in Tavaris. They are all too stupid to play his system.

trapezeus
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
tjax didn't say he didn't want to be in buffalo. he wasn't going to play anywhere else if he didn't take the contract.

the bills worried that fitz might not stay healthy and the fear of thigpen playing had them get a "better" option. he was strictly for emergency use if fitz was hurt a long time. when he wasn't, they kept him on the inactive roster so that they could keep it from accelerating to a 6th. now, we are so close to the end, and he is marginally better or worse than fitz, that staying the course doesn't make a difference.

Joe Fo Sho
12-13-2012, 11:36 AM
The Tarvaris Jackson trade was the most ignorant thing I've ever seen this team do. Is there any other team that would've traded ANY draft pick for a player with one year left on his contract and never activate him?

ThunderGun
12-13-2012, 12:19 PM
It was a 7th round pick. Who cares?

Maybe they thought he could be good, but he has sucked in practices, or has a bad attitude. He's been pretty bad his entire career. The Seahawks were so sure that he sucked that they gave a boatload of money to Matt Flynn, and also drafted Russel Wilson, then traded Jackson for a 7th round pick. Why does everybody think that we have some hidden gem stashed away on our bench, and there is some massive conspiracy in place to keep us from seeing this awesome QB step on the field?

The Jokeman
12-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Maybe they thought he could be good, but he has sucked in practices, or has a bad attitude. He's been pretty bad his entire career. The Seahawks were so sure that he sucked that they gave a boatload of money to Matt Flynn, and also drafted Russel Wilson, then traded Jackson for a 7th round pick. Why does everybody think that we have some hidden gem stashed away on our bench, and there is some massive conspiracy in place to keep us from seeing this awesome QB step on the field?

Because there's always the WHAT IF, as guys like Stevie Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw were 7th Round picks. Granted all of them are exceptions to the rule that the 7th Round can off up an above average player. Yet with the ways the Bills have drafted in the 7th I doon't have any problems traded for TJax.

trapezeus
12-13-2012, 12:49 PM

i don't think many people think Tjax is a hidden gem. we just don't want the bills trotting this guy out next year. this season is lost. showcase all the broken pieces so you don't waste another season on a subpar qb. i think we all know that tjax not being activated now is so they can use him for next year in some capacity.

imbondz
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
he's still learning the playbook give him some time.

ThunderGun
12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
i don't think many people think Tjax is a hidden gem. we just don't want the bills trotting this guy out next year. this season is lost. showcase all the broken pieces so you don't waste another season on a subpar qb. i think we all know that tjax not being activated now is so they can use him for next year in some capacity.

If that's why you want Tjax on the field, to confirm whether he can or can't cut it for next year, then I respect that. But I'm positive that the majority of the people who are pissed about Tjax not being active are pissed because they think he is clearly better than Fitz, and Chan won't activate him because he doesn't want a QB controversy, which I think it totally ludicrous.

jimmifli
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM

The cook doesn't like the ingredients.

stuckincincy
12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I only saw him play one time. CIN@SEA 2011 season. He was hobbled with some injury, IRRC. Hit about 50% in a 20 point or so loss. I recall Lynch doing nothing to help the cause - something like 25 yards rushing.

Talent/skills, good/bad, whatever...he played best he could. He's not a bum, as far as I saw in that game. 2 cents.

trapezeus
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
If that's why you want Tjax on the field, to confirm whether he can or can't cut it for next year, then I respect that. But I'm positive that the majority of the people who are pissed about Tjax not being active are pissed because they think he is clearly better than Fitz, and Chan won't activate him because he doesn't want a QB controversy, which I think it totally ludicrous.

maybe a few people think that, but most are with me. we all know OBD's tricks. He cost them $1.7mm...a steal. they'll use him as starter if they pass on QB again. and they'll tell us they need to see what he can do. and we'll lose another season. I don't want that to happen. Get everyone to play, right now, show who sucks and who doesn't. and upgrade from there.

The QB spot is the most precious position and we have three guys who can't play. we need 2 new qbs stat.

coastal
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
The Tarvaris Jackson trade was the most ignorant thing I've ever seen this team do. Is there any other team that would've traded ANY draft pick for a player with one year left on his contract and never activate him?exactly.

i bet he probably did tell the team to piss off.

BlueTalon
12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I only saw him play one time. CIN@SEA 2011 season. He was hobbled with some injury, IRRC. Hit about 50% in a 20 point or so loss. I recall Lynch doing nothing to help the cause - something like 25 yards rushing.

Talent/skills, good/bad, whatever...he played best he could. He's not a bum, as far as I saw in that game. 2 cents.

The injury was a torn pectoral muscle he suffered when tackled while running for positive yards in our game against the Giants.

As a Seahawks fan, I watched him play all last season. One thing above all else, is he is the consummate professional and teammate. He would not do anything to damage the team, so I don't believe he told anyone on the coaching staff that he didn't want to play. The guy is tough as nails and fearless, and has quite a strong arm. The problems from Seattle fans' point of view is that his accuracy was inconsistent -- sometimes he could fit the ball into a 1ft square window, and sometimes we'd just be scratching our heads. I think that was due at least in part to inconsistent mechanics, specifically regarding his feet. Throwing on the run is one thing, but other times he would throw without setting his feet -- or even throwing while airborne. In those situations, he relied on his arm, which fortunately was strong enough to bail him out of many of those situations. A lot of Seahawks fans would complain about his decision making, but I tend to think he didn't make significantly more bad decisions than an average QB would.

The other knock on him for us was the fact that we didn't close out any games last year. No game winning drives in several close games. He wasn't the sole reason for that, of course, but there were no examples of him taking the team on his shoulders and willing them to a win. (Whereas this year, we have such a QB in Wilson.)

I obviously don't follow the Bills closely, but from what I know about Jackson, there is no real reason for him not to be active on game days.

ThunderGun
12-14-2012, 01:33 PM
they'll use him as starter if they pass on QB again. and they'll tell us they need to see what he can do. and we'll lose another season. I don't want that to happen. Get everyone to play, right now, show who sucks and who doesn't. and upgrade from there.

Isn't he a free agent after this season?

coastal
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Personally I think he should be a huge priority to resign, unless of course were bringing Gailey and Fitz back.

at that point.. **** it all.