PDA

View Full Version : Fire Gailey Hire David Shaw !!!!

Bmax
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Stanford Head Coach....Nine year NFL assisstant....Off Coordinator at Stanford under Harbaugh....Many say he is ready to be head coach.. I agree...From Bill walsh tree...

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I also want David Shaw as the Bills next head coach. He would be awesome.

The Jokeman
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Stanford Head Coach....Nine year NFL assisstant....Off Coordinator at Stanford under Harbaugh....Many say he is ready to be head coach.. I agree...From Bill walsh tree...

I can name plenty of unsuccessful coaches off the Bill Walsh tree. See Jim Zorn, Brad Childress, Scott Linehan. I give Shaw kudos for doing a great job this year without Luck but one has to wonder if he's working off of the fumes of Jim Harbaugh. If want to throw names out there one I know might not be popular but Bill Callahan might warrant some consideration yet like Gailey he seems to excel with offense but not as much as D so we might want to do our best to name a great D-coordinator.

more cowbell
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
would love it. would never happen

Mouldsie
12-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Stanford was his dream job, he will stick there for a bit IMO

TrEd FTW
12-12-2012, 10:53 PM
He'd turn the Bills down just like Harbaugh did.

Mr. Magoo
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Chip Kelly

JoeMama
12-12-2012, 11:49 PM
It's fun to speculate, but ultimately, does anyone here really believe Chan Gailey gets axed?

I'm already resigning myself to another year with granny glasses at the helm.

Buddy Nix will probably enforce some cosmetic form of discipline, like forcing Gailey to relinquish the OC duties and actually hire someone with a proven track record of, I dunno, NOT MAKING HORRIBLE DECISIONS.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I have this sinking sensation that Gailey gets retained albeit with less control over the day to day operations.

Most of these names are pipedreams.

coastal
12-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Give up cool job in California to come to Buffalo?

:rofl:

Albany,n.y.
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
It's fun to speculate, but ultimately, does anyone here really believe Chan Gailey gets axed?

I'm already resigning myself to another year with granny glasses at the helm.

Buddy Nix will probably enforce some cosmetic form of discipline, like forcing Gailey to relinquish the OC duties and actually hire someone with a proven track record of, I dunno, NOT MAKING HORRIBLE DECISIONS.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I have this sinking sensation that Gailey gets retained albeit with less control over the day to day operations.

Most of these names are pipedreams.

I really believe if we lose out, Nix will "retire", Whaley will be named GM & Gailey will be fired. Then it will up to Whaley to find a new coach, probably an NFL assistant who he knows & is familiar with. No big names, but you never know what you're getting when you hire an assistant who has never been a head coach. Look at Green Bay, you could get a Mike McCarthy who wins you a Super Bowl, or a Ray Rhodes, who is one & done. Either way, after 3 years of losing 2/3 of your games, keeping the head coach for continuity is ridiculous. If you choose the right guy, you win. If you choose the wrong guy, like Buddy did with Chan, it's best to get rid of him ASAP. I've never heard anyone, except Joe DeLamielleure who had a man love for the guy, criticize the Bills for firing Hank Bullough after he coached 21 games and won only 4 of them. All keeping Gailey does is guarantee a mid-season coaching change in 2013.

OLDSRIP
12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
This post made me remember Dennis Shaw.
Dam you Bmax!

Beebe
12-14-2012, 12:50 AM

YES....MAN....