X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

A QB away

This year is pretty much over, in every way possible. Now at least we get to watch Spiller tear it up a few weeks and enjoy that. Now looking to next year i think theres 3 major things we needa ajust

Number 1. This is just coaching in general. The players dont believe them and they dont believe in there players. It all goes with the money they gave a guy, and never actual position battles. The only time a bunch of players get a fair shot is when there all making around the same money. A-Will, McGee, McKelvin. Morrison, Moats.

But then we have things like

Brad Smith>Marcus Easley, Rooselvelt, Aiken, Hagan

Fitz> T. Jackson

And Fred over Spiller. Each seem to be untouchable to Chan in a Tom Brady esc, when each are meh.

We need better coaches. We need someone that A. The players believe in. and B. Has common sense

I like that someone mentioned Dungy. Indi was much like Buffalo before Dungy, Manning was still young. I dont think money would be a issue, but if we can get polian i can see a return.

Number 2. We need a new QB. QB is going to happen this year. Ralph probably is steaming that Buddy convinced him to sign Fitz, and then ignore the QBs when Ralph told him to. If Ralph was the way he was in the 90s he wouldnt of put up with that bull****. I think we will be forced to sign a QB and groom a rookie tho. Which leaves as FA Vick, possibly Rivers, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselback possibly, and possibly Carson Palmer. Now if Palmer was old Palmer and not, well Old Palmer, i would sign him in a heartbeat, but no, hes aged like milk. Same actually goes for everyone except Smith. Now Smith had alot to do with coaching, and to the people who say no, i think if we got a good coach that is smart and can utilize him the same as the 49ers do. He needs a good line, good recieving TE, a running game, and good short yardage route running WRs. Chandler, Spiller, Jackson, Johnson, Nelson, and possibly a future emergance of Graham will be perfect for that. We needa also pickup a 2nd to midround QB such as Landry Jones, Bray, Boyd, or someone else to groom as we find out if he can handle hiself. Meanwhile groom the backup and hope he becomes like the present day rooks

Number 3. Most importantly, we cant create more needs. We needa resign Byrd because Wilson may needa be upgraded, and Levitre because, well hes our best OL. We needa also try and keep a vet, so honestly T. Jackson wouldnt be bad to keep on the roster. Just in case Smith gets injured and our rookie looks like **** because its his first game ever, we can replace him with Jackson untill the guys actually ready. You cant depend just on a rookie.

Our team is not that bad. We just have a couple problems. The problem is those happen to be the core and brains of a team. QB, HC, GM, MLB. Untill you see competant people back there, you wont see us do ****. Because those are the parts that make decisions for the team on and off the field. I do believe tho just switching Barnett to his best position, MLB, and with his leadership, it would change our D drastically. He seems confused at OLB at times and to slow. But we still need upgrades
    Last edited by Cali512; 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: A QB away

You may not want to read it but http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills...rs-back-gailey

Yet I give you credit for some solid analysis on the roster needs/predictions. Yet I can't back a plan for Alex Smith. As the guy is a game manager and nothing more. If Jim Harbaugh believed in him to be anything more he wouldn't have lost his job with the 49ers. The only veteran QB I could say that the Bills would realistic bring in to be a #1 is Michael Vick but I think it be a mistake unless it's just to hold the fort until a guy like Landy Jones the reigns in 2015.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post

What the heck does that have to do with anything?
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        What the heck does that have to do with anything?
        We need someone that A. The players believe in. Say what you want but I think this team respect Gailey despite what the board thinks. I mean look at Stevie Johnson this year he hasn't done anything remotely wild and one of the things Gailey said this past offseason he wanted that to change which I think echos loudly the respect he and the rest of the guys have for him.

Comment

Working...
        X