PDA

View Full Version : LT Glenn..opinions?

stuckincincy
12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I know he missed a few games. Do you think he's a viable LT for the future? BUF runs a lot of quick, short pass patterns - so hard to judge there. How is he in the run game?

I just dunno - the only BUF game broadcast where I live, since the DAL prime time game several years ago, was this season's Thursday game against MIA. That was such a dull, dull dud, I fell asleep at halftime. :idunno:

DraftBoy
12-13-2012, 03:00 PM
He's done better than I thought he would be early on. Not sure he'll ever reach the level I think he could become as a LG, but he'll be more than capable of manning the LT spot for a long time.

Ed
12-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I was a little worried before the season, but I thought he looked great before his injury. I haven't really payed much attention to him since he's been back, but I can't think of a play where I thought he looked bad, or got beat. I think his good play probably gets lost in all the negativity and issues associated with the team right now, but I'd say he's easily one of Nix's best draft picks.

stuckincincy
12-13-2012, 03:21 PM
He's done better than I thought he would be early on. Not sure he'll ever reach the level I think he could become as a LG, but he'll be more than capable of manning the LT spot for a long time.

That's good to hear. CIN drafted tub 'o goo LT Andre Smith as a high #1 a few years back. Fans banged their head against the wall. After his chronic foot problems cleared up, he's become very good RT. If Glenn doesn't cut it as a primo LT and he ends up nailing down another line position, he is a good draft selection.

SABURZFAN
12-13-2012, 05:13 PM
i think he'll be a better guard than tackle.

ServoBillieves
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Love these draft experts here... All of the professional talent evaluators say that we have a solid stepping stone for 10 years if we don't pull a Bell/Peters with him. He doesn't need to move to guard, he was drafted as a TACKLE. Please call up the FO and tell them how you know he can bull rush, pull block, and cut since you've seen him in practice every day for the past 8 months. Jesus...

Anyways, my opinion is we have a good, young, and talented tackle for it only being his first year. When I've specifically watched him, he's been holding his ground against veteran talent. It's one less hole, and at this point with this team, I'm more than happy with that.

SABURZFAN
12-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Love these draft experts here... All of the professional talent evaluators say that we have a solid stepping stone for 10 years if we don't pull a Bell/Peters with him. He doesn't need to move to guard, he was drafted as a TACKLE. Please call up the FO and tell them how you know he can bull rush, pull block, and cut since you've seen him in practice every day for the past 8 months. Jesus...

Anyways, my opinion is we have a good, young, and talented tackle for it only being his first year. When I've specifically watched him, he's been holding his ground against veteran talent. It's one less hole, and at this point with this team, I'm more than happy with that.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

he played Guard in college as well. these idiots in the FO don't possess a great track record when it comes to the draft either. in case you forgot, the Bills haven't been in the playoffs for over a decade. if you look back at the mock drafts here since the Billszone existence, you'll see that this place has had a better track record than the idiots in charge. so STFU and go back to your moms basement and wait for her to cook your next meal.

Bert102176
12-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I think he will be good, what position I am concerned about is C wood keeps getting hurt move him to gaurd and bring in another C.

YardRat
12-13-2012, 07:12 PM
He's done better than I expected also, and even though I was very critical of how Gailey handled throwing all the reps at him from the start it appears to be at least one thing Chan has done right.

TigerJ
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
One think Glenn said a while back I thought was pretty interesting. He bristled when he was criticized about his weight, saying the philosophy of his coaching staff in college was to have their offensive linemen bulk up and play at a heavier weight. I think if the Bills want him to slim down and play at 315 or 320 he wouldn't have a problem with that. I think most observers think he's pretty light on his feet for such a big dude, so maybe if he lot a little wieght he'd be even lighter and quicker without losing strength.

OpIv37
12-13-2012, 10:33 PM

the "experts" on this board have been right a lot more than the "experts" who get paid big money in the Bills' FO for the last decade.

Performance dictates competence, not title. And the Bills' performance is pathetic.

jamze132
12-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Glenn is doing just fine to me.

X-Era
12-14-2012, 05:55 AM
I was a little worried before the season, but I thought he looked great before his injury. I haven't really payed much attention to him since he's been back, but I can't think of a play where I thought he looked bad, or got beat. I think his good play probably gets lost in all the negativity and issues associated with the team right now, but I'd say he's easily one of Nix's best draft picks.
I'd agree. Not because I think he'll be an all-pro LT. But because I think many cast him off as being a G and Nix and Co. stuck to their guns and said he was a LT... And he plays very well as a LT. It's a case where the Bills evaluators and Nix were right for a change.

Pinkerton Security
12-14-2012, 08:05 AM
the "experts" on this board have been right a lot more than the "experts" who get paid big money in the Bills' FO for the last decade.

Performance dictates competence, not title. And the Bills' performance is pathetic.

THe only reason the "experts" have been "right" a lot more is because they are hitting on 30 out of the 500 guesses they make. Talk to rational people once in a while instead of message board "gurus" and you'll find that 95% of people dont think some web-poster could run an NFL team better than guys who've been in footall their whole lives. That must make the other 95% wrong?

k-oneputt
12-14-2012, 08:16 AM
"run" a NFL team I agree.

Draft better then the Buffalo Bills I don't agree, at least over the last dozen years.

We all know the names and picks. Enough said.

TigerJ
12-14-2012, 08:33 AM
THe only reason the "experts" have been "right" a lot more is because they are hitting on 30 out of the 500 guesses they make. Talk to rational people once in a while instead of message board "gurus" and you'll find that 95% of people dont think some web-poster could run an NFL team better than guys who've been in footall their whole lives. That must make the other 95% wrong?

On every possible Bills related issue on this (and every Bills message board) every possible opinion, on every possible player, both current Bills, free agent possibilities, and college prospects has been expressed in one way or another. Therefore, on every player someone, and most of the time several posters have been correct. Thus, we are right about everything, and wrong about everything. Yes, we can have it both ways!

IlluminatusUIUC
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
He might be Nix' greatest success thus far.

better days
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
He might be Nix' greatest success thus far.

Does anybody watch the games? Glenn is QUICK. On run plays, he gets upfield FAST. He is going to be a GREAT LT, he is not slow & plodding like a Guard.

SABURZFAN
12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Does anybody watch the games? Glenn is QUICK. On run plays, he gets upfield FAST. He is going to be a GREAT LT, he is not slow & plodding like a Guard.

which is why i think he'd be a great Guard. he has the size and quickness to maul inside and to pull outside on sweeps. watching an OLB get crushed by this monster of a man would make some great highlight reels.