• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Greg Jennings

There's no way the Pack is going to pay Jennings with the season Cobb is having. He could be perfect opposite of Johnson and he fits Nix's description of a guy who's open even when he's not.

This season was obviously a bust for him but he's been dominant is his career, he's young and he's played in poor weather.

Also signing a FA allows us to focus on our "needs" in the draft and not upgrades.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Greg Jennings

(I am asking because I don't know, and for once am not trying to be sarcastic.) Can he stay healthy? I know his injury was a big part of his lack of production this year.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
      There's no way the Pack is going to pay Jennings with the season Cobb is having. He could be perfect opposite of Johnson and he fits Nix's description of a guy who's open even when he's not.

This season was obviously a bust for him but he's been dominant is his career, he's young and he's played in poor weather.

Also signing a FA allows us to focus on our "needs" in the draft and not upgrades.
      I would love to get Jennings. The question is will we be as active in FA next year after spending so much last offseason. I don't know what it would take to sign him, but he's worth the effort.

Another question is does Gailey stay? I don't think he does and if he doesn't does Nix go with him? In my view, Gailey needs to be fired and Nix retained. Hire a coach who can provide motivation. The downside is you are going to have a new coaching staff and new schemes, so it's going to take time for offense and defense to adapt. What I think is going to happen is Gailey is fired and Wannstedt gets the job to have some semblance of continuity, especially on defense. I would hate this move, but it would be typical of the Bills FO.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
        (I am asking because I don't know, and for once am not trying to be sarcastic.) Can he stay healthy? I know his injury was a big part of his lack of production this year.
        He had a groin injury which he tried to heal without surgery... eventually he had to have the procedure done and was back two weeks later. I think he'll be fine.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• ThunderGun
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
          I don't think his health would really be a concern. This is the first season that he has not played in at least 13 games.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Greg Jennings. Psh.

He's appeared in more Old Spice commercials this season than regular games.

The injuries are starting to mount. Jennings missed three games last year and virtually all of this season.

I think he's starting to break down ala Lee Evans did around this time in his career.

I'm wary of GB receivers to begin with. Most of them are products of Aaron Rodgers amazing throwing arm.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
              Greg Jennings. Psh.

He's appeared in more Old Spice commercials this season than regular games.

The injuries are starting to mount. Jennings missed three games last year and virtually all of this season.

I think he's starting to break down ala Lee Evans did around this time in his career.

I'm wary of GB receivers to begin with. Most of them are products of Aaron Rodgers amazing throwing arm.
              We need another receiver, who else would you have in mind?

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Just looked at other WR free agents for next year.

Victor Cruz (Restricted) Even if the Giants were to let him go, he would cost a lot in terms of draft picks.

Dwayne Bowe - Only real receiving threat the Chiefs have, no way he hits the market.

Brian Hartline - The Dolphins will keep him, they really don't have many receiver options

Danny Amendola - Rams, like the Chiefs won't let their only WR hit the market.

Wes Welker - He hits the market, but do you really want to pay what it would take for a 32 year old?

Mike Wallace - probably the best option and the Steelers don't like guys who try to hold them up. They would rather let him go and draft somebody. Question is, would he want to play in Buffalo? We would have to pony up big to get him here.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I dont think Wallace is as good as Jennings, he's a one trick pony. Jennings is a beast between the hashes.
                  It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

He could be perfect opposite of Johnson and he fits Nix's description of a guy who's open even when he's not.

I think NIx meant a Shaq type of wr especially when your qb is Fitz. Jennings is too short. We already have TJ Graham and Fitz still can't hit him.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

I dont think Wallace is as good as Jennings, he's a one trick pony. Jennings is a beast between the hashes.
                      I would rather have Jennings as well. I was commenting on Joey's post. Greg Jennings would be our best option at WR.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        I think NIx meant a Shaq type of wr especially when your qb is Fitz. Jennings is too short. We already have TJ Graham and Fitz still can't hit him.
                        There's only 3 of them in all of the NFL. And they all cost a top 5 pick. Green, Megatron and Fitz.
                        It was all

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

I'm surprised they didn't make a try for CIN wr Armon Binns, who was cut because of team injury reasons. They would have made ps room, but MIA plucked him. AFAIK, BUF is a notch or so ahead of MIA re the waiver wire.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                            Victor Cruz (Restricted) Even if the Giants were to let him go, he would cost a lot in terms of draft picks.
                            I don't think there's a chance in hell we could get Cruz, but it would be so awesome.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• alnilla
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              Just looked at other WR free agents for next year.

Dwayne Bowe - Only real receiving threat the Chiefs have, no way he hits the market.

Brian Hartline - The Dolphins will keep him, they really don't have many receiver options

Danny Amendola - Rams, like the Chiefs won't let their only WR hit the market.

Wes Welker - He hits the market, but do you really want to pay what it would take for a 32 year old?

Mike Wallace - probably the best option and the Steelers don't like guys who try to hold them up. They would rather let him go and draft somebody. Question is, would he want to play in Buffalo? We would have to pony up big to get him here.

Mike wallace is a ***** he thinks he is as good as Calvin Johson or Fitz he wanted that kind of money last year. Plus all he does is run go routes and drops multiple balls.

Comment

Working...
                              X