PDA

View Full Version : Wide receiver on Buddy Nix’s Christmas list as well

ThunderGun
12-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Looks like we'll be upgrading the offense this offseason. From PFT:

After some hemming and hawing on the question of whether Buffalo needs a new quarterback, Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said Friday that now is the time to trade up in the draft for a quarterback.

That’s not the only offensive addition on his wish list for the offseason. During the same interview on WGR, Nix said that he wants to add a “big-time” wide receiver to play on the outside of the offense. That would free Stevie Johnson to play more in the slot in the coming years, something Nix thinks would be a benefit for the offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/wide-receiver-on-buddy-nixs-christmas-list-as-well/

ThunderGun
12-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Not that he's had a very good year in Arizona (who has?), but I still don't get why we didn't draft Michael Floyd last year.

OpIv37
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I've said we need a true #2 to compliment Stevie many times, but, honestly, our WR's are an unknown commodity right now. Fitz is so bad that it's tough to really evaluate what we have.

Ed
12-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I'll take some Dwayne Bowe please. At least we know Nix isn't afraid to be aggressive in free agency and can land the big players.

Interesting that he specifically mentions AJ Green and Dalton turning things around in Cincy since he could have drafted both. I'm sure they considered both guys at each spot and I'm wondering if he has some regrets.

Maybe he sees a guy like Keenan Allen as that "big-time" WR in the first and has his eye on a qb that he could trade back into the first for.

justasportsfan
12-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I've said we need a true #2 to compliment Stevie many times, but, honestly, our WR's are an unknown commodity right now. Fitz is so bad that it's tough to really evaluate what we have.

this! How can Graham improve when running deep is useless.

Mouldsie
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Not that he's had a very good year in Arizona (who has?), but I still don't get why we didn't draft Michael Floyd last year.
The answer to that question is that he's not any good.

stuckincincy
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
this! How can Graham improve when running deep is useless.

Yep. It's not as if they have a QB or a OL that allows long patterns, be it talent or scheme. I'm happy with what they have now...it fits. TJ has wheels, but in my view, he's a decoy. I could have purchased decoy speed in the 7th or got a suitable UFDA for that.

They should pull the trigger on a LB. How long has it been since a BUF LB was talked about by the pundits? Roll the dice.

better days
12-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep. It's not as if they have a QB or a OL that allows long patterns, be it talent or scheme. I'm happy with what they have now...it fits. TJ has wheels, but in my view, he's a decoy. I could have purchased decoy speed in the 7th or got a suitable UFDA for that.

They should pull the trigger on a LB. How long has it been since a BUF LB was talked about by the pundits? Roll the dice.

Chris Speilman

YardRat
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
WR's down on the list behind QB and MLB, but it should be obvious to everybody that Buddy considers WR a need. They didn't go after Meachem in the same fashion as Mario for nothing, and after that fell through (good thing in hindsight) there weren't any other additions to the squad save for TJ.

Buddo
12-16-2012, 04:37 AM
WR's down on the list behind QB and MLB, but it should be obvious to everybody that Buddy considers WR a need. They didn't go after Meachem in the same fashion as Mario for nothing, and after that fell through (good thing in hindsight) there weren't any other additions to the squad save for TJ.

This is true.
I think you have to look at Bowe as a possibility. Size is something that Nix values in a WR, as it gives them the ability to go up in traffic, and still make the play. Trouble is, we still have a lot to do in getting our own guys re-signed, before we can think about FA.
Byrd, Levitre, Moore all need to get done, and I think Urbik and Rinehart are also up. McKelvin would be nice to have for his return ability, and depth at CB also, but I think he will price himself out of our market tbh.
QB, LB and WR are all on the shopping list, and somehow we need to find a good one of each.

better days
12-16-2012, 09:21 AM
This is true.
I think you have to look at Bowe as a possibility. Size is something that Nix values in a WR, as it gives them the ability to go up in traffic, and still make the play. Trouble is, we still have a lot to do in getting our own guys re-signed, before we can think about FA.
Byrd, Levitre, Moore all need to get done, and I think Urbik and Rinehart are also up. McKelvin would be nice to have for his return ability, and depth at CB also, but I think he will price himself out of our market tbh.
QB, LB and WR are all on the shopping list, and somehow we need to find a good one of each.

Bowe was placed in IR by KC with broken ribs. He has played his last game as a Chief. I would be happy to see Buffalo sign him.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Bowe would be awesome but we need to re-sign Byrd and Levitre as our first priority. Do we have room for all 3?

better days
12-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Bowe would be awesome but we need to re-sign Byrd and Levitre as our first priority. Do we have room for all 3?

Of course we have room for all three. Byrd is a Safety, Levitre is a Guard & Bowe is a WR. There is room on the roster for all of them. If you are refering to cap room, I don't think that will be a problem either.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Of course we have room for all three. Byrd is a Safety, Levitre is a Guard & Bowe is a WR. There is room on the roster for all of them. If you are refering to cap room, I don't think that will be a problem either.
Of course I meant cap room.

BillsFever21
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Sure we pass over several QB's in QB heavy drafts in the 2nd and 3rd round of the draft over the past couple years and now Nix finally wants to draft one. He probably feels drafting a QB could buy at least him and most likely Gailey a couple more years since they would need the opportunity to "groom" a QB and see what they could do with a competent one.

Any QB we would draft in the 1st round this year you could have had the same QB talent wise in the 2nd round the past couple years. Same thing with the 2nd round you could have had that type of player in the 3rd round. This team is a complete joke.