PDA

View Full Version : Well I am finally done with Chan

DesertFox24
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I had hopes that we could finish the season 8-8 or 7-9 and look good doing it, but this game is the last straw for me. We have continually been outclassed by playoff teams throughout his coaching tenure and it needs to change.

I really wanted to give him one more year and hope that in year 4 it all clicked but it is time for a change.

Give me Perry Fewell.

That is not a joke either. I want to stay in the 43 and I want an offense where they allow our playmakers to make plays and allow stevie to run routes the way he did with Chan.

YardRat
12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
New staff + basically the same roster except for MLB and QB = Playoffs

Novacane
12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the crowd. Better late than never. I think X era is the only one left wanting Chan to stay

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the crowd. Better late than never. I think X era is the only one left wanting Chan to stay

X will die by Chant's side.

trapezeus
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
didn't watch today. just couldn't be bothered. a good team with momentum vs the bills...in toronto? was there any other outcome? I knew 45 would go up today. and they have a second 50+ game.

Good old russ, helping count monty's money while he hopes for a chance to polishthe old man's knob, just once. he's the problem. and littman and overdorf (sp?) have killed this team by holding the coaches costs down and back office support.

X-Era
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the crowd. Better late than never. I think X era is the only one left wanting Chan to stayNo he's not.

I'm fine with him being gone.

But I also realize that likely means years before we build a squad that can compete. A new GM and/or HC will want Fitz gone (good), will bring all new playbooks on both sides (could take a year or more to learn), and will likely also make significant roster turnover (not necessarily bad but it may take years of drafting to land what we need).

That's the unfortunate but likely side of a major regime change.

Novacane
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
No he's not.

Then it's unanimous lol.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Finally not defending keeping Chant X. Glad to see it.

Novacane
12-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Finally not defending keeping Chant X. Glad to see it.

His own mother couldn't defend him after the last two weeks!

DynaPaul
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM
You guys are late to the party. Most of us were done with Chan weeks ago!

Mr. Pink
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Some of us were done with him the day he was hired. I hope these next 2 weeks are his final 2 weeks.

TrEd FTW
12-16-2012, 06:34 PM
New staff + basically the same roster except for MLB and QB = Playoffs

New staff, new QB, new LB corps, new SS, new CB2. They're a long way off.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
New HC, OC (who realizes we have a great RB), new DC, new QB, second receiver, and LB and this team will be in the post season in two years or less

TacklingDummy
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Chan, like Dick, Mike, and Greg, before him and who ever comes after him, is doomed without a Quarterback.

bf1
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
New staff + basically the same roster except for MLB and QB = Playoffs we'll need 2 wrs too.

Novacane
12-16-2012, 06:44 PM

I was done with him the day I signed onto the zone and found out he had been named our HC. I wanted to cry that day.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
we'll need 2 wrs too.

and a C who's not made of glass, a tackle, some linebackers, a strong safety, a few corners.

This team isn't as close as some people like to think they are.

BertSquirtgum
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM

I was done with Chan after the Eagles game last year.

TigerJ
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I couldn't watch the game but from what I heard on the radio, most of the problems the Bills had seemed to have stemmed from lack of discipline. This far into the season there is absolutely no excuse for that, and when your team lacks discipline this late in the season, it has to be on the coaches.

jdbillsfan
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Not every team is perfect at every position. Get this team a QB and a decent coaching staff. Goes a long way...

TacklingDummy
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not going to blame Chan all that much. Even Vince Lombardi would lose with the losers we've had playing Qb that past 16 years.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Not every team is perfect at every position. Get this team a QB and a decent coaching staff. Goes a long way...

Look at the Saints this year...when you have a defense that is absolutely horrible, which by the way ours is, you're not going to win consistently.

And they have one of the top 3 QBs in the league let alone a good QB.

snow1989
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
No he's not.

But I also realize that likely means years before we build a squad that can compete. A new GM and/or HC will want Fitz gone (good), will bring all new playbooks on both sides (could take a year or more to learn), and will likely also make significant roster turnover (not necessarily bad but it may take years of drafting to land what we need).

I don't know if it would take a couple years...probably would....but Harbaugh had the 49ers playing well in his first season and other coaches have done it. We need new blood and not another tired old retread. That includes Wanny.....his defense scheme sucks...

Historian
12-17-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm not a big fan of change, given the upheaval of the last 12 years, but some of these losses (like yesterday) are downright embarrasing.

A team that's on its way to respectability doesn't give up 40-50 points on a consistant basis.

Time to start over.

That should include gutting the pro personnel department.

DesertFox24
12-17-2012, 06:54 AM
No he's not.

I want us to stay in a 43 and hopefully get an o coord that understands Spiller needs to be on the field as much as possible.

You want to run with Jackson and want the fullback take a WR or TE off the field and flex spiller out he is better than all wrs except Stevie.

I think if we can get a strong HC to come in with two good coords then we should be able to compete even with a rookie QB because we have a good line a good running game, hopefully our def plays the run like it did the previous 5 games, and our young secondary players get better. This should allow us to stay in games.

I just want to see us competitive on the road against playoff teams and opponents hate playing in the ralph and eveyone pretty much thinks it is an auto L on their schedule, not an easy road win.

DesertFox24
12-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm not a big fan of change, given the upheaval of the last 12 years, but some of these losses (like yesterday) are downright embarrasing.

A team that's on its way to respectability doesn't give up 40-50 points on a consistant basis.

Time to start over.

That should include gutting the pro personnel department.

Disagree on pro player personnel. They have brought in guys like Chandler, Urbik, Reinhart, Kyle Moore, and our college scouting has been a lot better as we have actually drafted some talent to build on.

I will say this though they have protected themselves by not drafting a QB, a GM and scouting staff is defined by a QB not everyone else.

As Nix has stated though you have two ways to do this, get the QB first and not have the team around him or do what he wanted to do and build the team then get the QB.

Hopefully he is honest like he has been and gets a real QB and if we have to trade picks to get back in the bottom of the first to insure we get him then by all means do it.

I want a big WR with our first pick and a QB with our second.

Bill Cody
12-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I want a big WR with our first pick and a QB with our second.

See now that statement drives me crazy. If you fell out of a plane and was hurtling toward the ground would you pull the ripcord that says "parachute" or the 2nd one that says "Eat at Joe's" first? This is how we never ever solve the ****ing problem. It's always "it was a weak class" or "someone else reached" or blah blah blah blah blah blah. NO. Nothing else is remotely as important as drafting the right QB. NOTHING. Use the first pick on it. Don't trade back into the first- that's how we get immortals like Lossman and McCargo. If Nix is 110% sure he can pull it off and still get his man, trade down. But goddmn it the first pick had better be a signal caller. My fandom is hanging by a thread. Blow it one more time (and we probably already have truth be told) and I'm taking up gardening.