PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Harrison: Bills just quit

Skooby
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
There's no reason to keep the coach if the players quit on him, Rodney is right.

kingJofNYC
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
No ****.

Don't need that mongo telling us they quit, we have eyes.

DynaPaul
12-16-2012, 11:10 PM
As much as I hate Rodney he is correct.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
So, i would too if i dont have a franchise qb. the season is over.... duh

kishoph
12-17-2012, 05:09 AM
About the worse thing a player can do is quit or stop trying, but honestly I can't blame them. I just wish the would stop apologizing for the ineptness of Giley and FITZ, Both Gailey and Fitz have shown that they are not above throwing another player under the bus. After Fitz's 1st int, they showed Gailey laying into Stevie on the sideline, like it was his fault that Fitz missed Chandler by about 3 yards. On his second int, there wasn't a Bills player within ten yards of the pass, Stevie's fault again ?

gebobs
12-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Chan has no right laying into any player. Every week there are inexcusable bonehead calls by that idiot. And yesterday was no different. The Bills convert on 2nd and 7 and dumbass thinks they are short so calls a Fitz sneak. And for some reason, our genius quarterback doesn't question the call.

National embarrassment.

Why there isn't massive protests in Buffalo calling for Wilson's head with how he has bungled the franchise for 50 years all the while holding relocation over the city's head is beyond me.

Mahdi
12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't agree that the players quit. I think Seattle is just a horrible match up for us. Mobile QBs have always killed us, Wilson is not just mobile he is a RB who can throw. Our defense is just not ready for that type of player and we had no answer for that option.

On offense we have a banged up OL and they have a top DL. It was just not a good matchup for us, I hope they take Rodney off the show because he annoys me and he always tries to come up with controversial comments so he can make headlines.

mjt328
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Chan has no right laying into any player. Every week there are inexcusable bonehead calls by that idiot. And yesterday was no different. The Bills convert on 2nd and 7 and dumbass thinks they are short so calls a Fitz sneak. And for some reason, our genius quarterback doesn't question the call.

National embarrassment.

I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about that play.

It's a perfect example of NOBODY on the Bills sideline or on the field having any awareness about what was actually happening in the game.
They were daydreaming and going through the motions.

SabreEleven
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM

Actually that play was on Fitz. He said he didn't like the play call against the defense Seattle had on the field so instead of blowing a TO, he just ran a QB sneak. At least that is what he said in the post game.

OpIv37
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Actually that play was on Fitz. He said he didn't like the play call against the defense Seattle had on the field so instead of blowing a TO, he just ran a QB sneak. At least that is what he said in the post game.

I really don't see that as being any better.

We are so incapable of calling an audible that we either have to waste a timeout or waste a down on a play that's going to gain 2 yards tops? Inexcusable. I've been watching football regularly for probably 22 or 23 years now and I don't recall anything quite so dumb and incompetent.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 10:05 AM

I heard that's what GAILEY said.

pmoon6
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I really don't see that as being any better.

We are so incapable of calling an audible that we either have to waste a timeout or waste a down on a play that's going to gain 2 yards tops? Inexcusable. I've been watching football regularly for probably 22 or 23 years now and I don't recall anything quite so dumb and incompetent.I can think of some. The call that became "Miracle At The Meadowlands". Jerry Glanville's "Red Rover Right" or something, a lateral pass play he called on the 10 at the end of a game that resulted in a touchdown and loss when he had the game. The call at the end of the half in SB XVIII where Theismann throws a screen with 12 seconds left, it's picked for 6. (Interestingly, Theismann (or Gibbs) called almost the same play in the same situation in the previous years SB against Miami, but the backer dropped the ball).

But this play was pretty stupid.

OpIv37
12-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I can think of some. The call that became "Miracle At The Meadowlands". Jerry Glanville's "Red Rover Right" or something, a lateral pass play he called on the 10 at the end of a game that resulted in a touchdown and loss when he had the game. The call at the end of the half in SB XVIII where Theismann throws a screen with 12 seconds left, it's picked for 6. (Interestingly, Theismann (or Gibbs) called almost the same play in the same situation in the previous years SB against Miami, but the backer dropped the ball).

But this play was pretty stupid.

I don't recall any of those, but on second thought, I did think of one that was close: When Jauron called time out to see if he should challenge the play, decided to challenge, then lost the challenge. So, he managed to waste two time outs on the same play.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM

National embarrassment.

Why there isn't massive protests in Buffalo calling for Wilson's head with how he has bungled the franchise for 50 years all the while holding relocation over the city's head is beyond me.

disagree. the bills don't ever register in the national psyche. people just scratch their heads and try to think of when they cared. good teams have fans who usually take the bills week off so they can do family things because they know they are going to win. why get in trouble with the mrs or the kids.

pmoon6
12-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't recall any of those, but on second thought, I did think of one that was close: When Jauron called time out to see if he should challenge the play, decided to challenge, then lost the challenge. So, he managed to waste two time outs on the same play.

They were all early '80's except "The Miracle At the Meadowlands". The Giants were up with no time left. All Joe Pisachick (the QB) had to do was kneel down and the game was over. Instead he hands the ball off and the exchange is fumbled. Herman Edwards (Eagles Safety, and yes that Herman Edwards) picks it up, runs it in for the score and the win. I don't know if that play was called from the sideline or not, but back then most QB's called their own plays. It could be one of the reasons, coaches slowly took over the playcalling. Of course, that presumes that the coach actually knows what he's doing too. Unfortunately ours doesn't. You can see that play on NFL Network or ESPN from time to time. It's still famous as one of the biggest sports gaffes in history even 35 years later.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
It was called from the press box by Giants OC Bob Gibson who was fired the next day.

gebobs
12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
disagree. the bills don't ever register in the national psyche. people just scratch their heads and try to think of when they cared. good teams have fans who usually take the bills week off so they can do family things because they know they are going to win. why get in trouble with the mrs or the kids.
How does their reaction matter? Are you not embarrassed about the Bills?

Let me tell you, I get razzed for it all the time. I'm sick of it.

stuckincincy
12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
TMQ chimes in...

..."Seattle's Marshawn Lynch was running for a touchdown with only Buffalo's Da'Norris Searcy between him and pay dirt. At the goal line, Searcy stepped out of Lynch's way so he would not have to exert himself by attempting a tackle. Later, Earl Thomas intercepted a pass intended for Buffalo's Scott Chandler. Thomas fell to the turf; all Chandler had to do was touch him, and the play was over. Instead, Chandler did nothing, then didn't bother to chase Thomas as he took off for a 57-yard, game-icing touchdown."...

..."And it wasn't just players who quit. Many coaching staffs quit on Sunday's games, too. Norv Turner, job in jeopardy, nevertheless looked bored on the sideline as his charges were embarrassed at home. Chan Gailey has acted all season as though he was fired last season. John Harbaugh was more concerned with shifting blame than fixing his team. Jim Schwartz and his staff had the Lions utterly unprepared for a cellar-dwelling opponent. "...

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8756383/much-nfl-playoff-contention-mailing-in

gebobs
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
TMQ chimes in...

..."Seattle's Marshawn Lynch was running for a touchdown with only Buffalo's Da'Norris Searcy between him and pay dirt. At the goal line, Searcy stepped out of Lynch's way so he would not have to exert himself by attempting a tackle.
Well not quite. Searcy was trying to get an angle and in doing so took himself into the end zone. He played it badly and Lynch made him look like a fool, but it wasn't as bad as "stepping out of the way".

Later, Earl Thomas intercepted a pass intended for Buffalo's Scott Chandler. Thomas fell to the turf; all Chandler had to do was touch him, and the play was over. Instead, Chandler did nothing, then didn't bother to chase Thomas as he took off for a 57-yard, game-icing touchdown."...
I'm not a big fan of Chandler. Thomas caught the ball, possibly trapped it, and Chandler stood there giving the incomplete signal as Thomas got up and ran. He definitely gave up. Undoubtedly, he was like WTF is with our quarterback and he probably saw it was trapped which, unfortunately, could not be confirmed from any of the angles. Still, make the play and then appeal to the refs.

Fitz made the most effort, as he should have for that garbage throw, but he did a belly flop in front of Thomas which was easily sidestepped. Embarrassing.

The last buffalo fan
12-18-2012, 11:59 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1217/play_e_tmq1218_gb1_576.jpg (http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8756383/much-nfl-playoff-contention-mailing-in)

Quit? No ****!

NOT THE DUDE...
12-18-2012, 12:32 PM
wake me up when we get barkley and gruden. have a nice offseason

cookie G
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Doesn't the defense have to actually show up to "quit"?

Mike
12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about that play.

It's a perfect example of NOBODY on the Bills sideline or on the field having any awareness about what was actually happening in the game.
They were daydreaming and going through the motions.

Sounds like no one cares.