• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

For the first time ever....

I turned the game off at the end of the 3rd and didn't even watch the 4th.

Over the years- and even this season- we've suffered some humiliating losses. I always hung in to the end. This time, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I even stopped recording the game on the DVR so I can't even go back and watch it later.

I don't even want to watch the last two games. I'll probably end up doing it because a) I paid for Sunday Ticket and b) they are division games, but this team has become a ****ing joke. There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about watching them at this point. I don't even get pissed **** up because I expect it, and I don't even cheer when they do something right because I know they'll **** it up within seconds. This team has literally beaten the enthusiasm for them and the game right out of me.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: For the first time ever....

same here bro same here

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

didn't even watch...i just knew this had the makings of a blow out with little fight.

it's not fun to spend money to watch this team lose like this. they aren't even trying. so neither am i. move them already or give me an owner who cares.

i still think russ needs to go and he's the cleaning house the team needs.

for god sakes, i'd promote a number of people on this board who could stumble into a playoff appearence over 12 years given CEO duties of the bills.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

They'll run for the bus in Miami, then be blacked out here in the final game.

Bills fever ! Catch it !
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I watched the first Russell Wilson Touchdown and was never happier to have to go to my sister in law's birthday. I kept up with score alerts and couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

some how 50 points has stopped shocking the bills since its like the 3rd time in 5 years. it would be amazing if they could put up 60 against us. dolphins or jets. this way maybe someone sees how bad it is.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I put on the grinch. AT halftime.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

First time ever? pretty brave.

Myself, I've been turning them off for years, and years now.

Good thing I missed yesterday's laugh, or else it would've been another one.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I turned the game off at the end of the 3rd and didn't even watch the 4th.

Over the years- and even this season- we've suffered some humiliating losses. I always hung in to the end. This time, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I even stopped recording the game on the DVR so I can't even go back and watch it later.

I don't even want to watch the last two games. I'll probably end up doing it because a) I paid for Sunday Ticket and b) they are division games, but this team has become a ****ing joke. There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about watching them at this point. I don't even get pissed **** up because I expect it, and I don't even cheer when they do something right because I know they'll **** it up within seconds. This team has literally beaten the enthusiasm for them and the game right out of me.
                  Wow, if I produced this thread I think I would have done it verbadum to yours. There are a lot of us that feel this exact way. I couldn't even watch this game in Central NY because it just wasn't on. I had a wicked head cold and my wife said, "you aren't doing anything but resting today" and I was like...COOL I can watch football all day adn see if the Toronto Series usually ends that way we are familair to. I had to listen to it on the radio but the same result was had. Best part was I actually got to watch the Pittsburgh/Dallas game (good game BTW) and listen to the Terror in Toronto.

I'm sick of every weekend wishing I was rooting for a team worth a crap. Seriously, would something just happen? Ralph sell the team to a local investor, sell the team and move to LA or actually care about your last move with this team and produce a winner before you pass. That means gutting all of the douches that run this team, Littman and company. We know this isn't going to happen so close to the end of his life and I refuse to believe that the next bull**** HC hire is going to work so I'll just enjoy watching other fans with winning teams and focus on college football. F this team for now!
                  Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Yesterday was the first time since 1993 that I missed a game. I always clear those few hours on Sunday. Even when on vacation, I find a way to watch the game. I have Sunday ticket too. I actually walked out the door in the middle of the 1 o'clock games and decided to go Christmas shopping. I went to a bunch of stores, the mall, etc. I knew the game was on, but for the first time I didnt really care. I temporarily forgot about the game until I received a text from a friend that read "30-7. This team just keeps getting worse." I continued shopping and bought a ton of crap for my two children, 7 and 5. Eventually got home and hung out with family then put the kids to bed. Watched the 2nd half of the night game. First football Sunday in years that I was pleasantly content. It's almost eery.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

The game sobered me up & made me stop drinking LBL's, so that has to tell you something.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

I seriously kept watching just to see how bad it could get.... It's like a car accident, I can't turn away. I'm more entertained by being amazed that they can top their ineptitude on each play.
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                          I seriously kept watching just to see how bad it could get.... It's like a car accident, I can't turn away. I'm more entertained by being amazed that they can top their ineptitude on each play.
                          That was the only reason I hung in as long as I did, but it lost it's entertainment value after a while.

The only good thing is that at this point, it's painfully obvious that this team needs a house cleaning.

Four blowout losses giving up 45+ points, including two 50+ point games.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                            I did the same.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

I turned it off after the fake punt. That was apparently a classy move and the epitome of sportsmanship according to some here.

I weep for what has become of sports fans in the US.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X