Jim Kelly had Fitpatrick pegged from the beggining and how many of us believed him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Jim Kelly had Fitpatrick pegged from the beggining and how many of us believed him?

When seeing Fitzpatrick putting up great numbers last year at the start of the season I thought Jim was too critical and just didn't like him. Fitzpatrick was in the top 5 QBs in the league and 5-2. I now know what Jimbo was understanding.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Jim Kelly had Fitpatrick pegged from the beggining and how many of us believed hi

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
    When seeing Fitzpatrick putting up great numbers last year at the start of the season I thought Jim was too critical and just didn't like him. Fitzpatrick was in the top 5 QBs in the league and 5-2. I now know what Jimbo was understanding.
    The better question is whether anyone actually believed Fitz was more than a journeyman QB. Anyone who thought he was anthing more than that simply was not looking at the facts.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Re: Jim Kelly had Fitpatrick pegged from the beggining and how many of us believed hi

I don't recall many people supporting him. A lot of the discussion was based around the system protecting him! Well that complex system that can't make adjustments just doesn't win football games.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't know if anyone ever really suffered the delusion that Fitz was the replacement for Kelly that we've needed for 15 years, except for possibly a handful of blind homers.

I do think that most of us, myself included, thought- or at least hoped- that Fitz was good enough to win if he had the right tools around him.

We were wrong.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i thought fitz was going to be able to hold as a game manager after his decline last year was right in step with his injury. but htis year, injured or not, he looked terrible out the gate. he is a back up at best. i'd trust him in frank reich role. 2-3 games to grind out 1 or 2 wins to keep a season moving.

16 games is a no. conclusively proved by the san fran game this year if you are being conservative.

and fred's a back up RB next year. end of story.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I was happy for his early success in 2011 but didn't want them to extend him, long term.

Now they're shoving him down our throats while the team sinks like a stone.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

I pay little attention to what Kelly utters.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2004

I ALWAYS thought Blitzpatrick a horrible choice for a long term starting QB. He had terrible numbers prior to the Bills "anointing" him the starter. The Rams didn't even want to keep him as a back up, for heaven's sake! But this team's front office seems to think, however, they can do things differently than all the other NFL teams and be successful and turn a career backup QB, and a mediocre one at that, into a 'starter'. Again and again, they are proven wrong.

One of the stupidest decisions this franchise ever made (and man, there have been some dumb ones by Wilson & Co.) was to sign Fitzpatrick long term, and essentially abandon the search to draft a franchise QB for two or three seasons. I will always suspect that both Nix & Gailey were simply being good "Yes" men and rubber stamping more Ralph Wilson Jr "Senior Moments".

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

I think there were about 5 of us on this board that saw Fitz for who he really was.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    I pay little attention to what Kelly utters.
                    That's because you're not a Buffalo Bills fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X