PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly had Fitpatrick pegged from the beggining and how many of us believed him?

jpdex12
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
When seeing Fitzpatrick putting up great numbers last year at the start of the season I thought Jim was too critical and just didn't like him. Fitzpatrick was in the top 5 QBs in the league and 5-2. I now know what Jimbo was understanding.

EDS
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
When seeing Fitzpatrick putting up great numbers last year at the start of the season I thought Jim was too critical and just didn't like him. Fitzpatrick was in the top 5 QBs in the league and 5-2. I now know what Jimbo was understanding.

The better question is whether anyone actually believed Fitz was more than a journeyman QB. Anyone who thought he was anthing more than that simply was not looking at the facts.

Jaybird
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't recall many people supporting him. A lot of the discussion was based around the system protecting him! Well that complex system that can't make adjustments just doesn't win football games.

OpIv37
12-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't know if anyone ever really suffered the delusion that Fitz was the replacement for Kelly that we've needed for 15 years, except for possibly a handful of blind homers.

I do think that most of us, myself included, thought- or at least hoped- that Fitz was good enough to win if he had the right tools around him.

We were wrong.

trapezeus
12-17-2012, 12:01 PM
i thought fitz was going to be able to hold as a game manager after his decline last year was right in step with his injury. but htis year, injured or not, he looked terrible out the gate. he is a back up at best. i'd trust him in frank reich role. 2-3 games to grind out 1 or 2 wins to keep a season moving.

16 games is a no. conclusively proved by the san fran game this year if you are being conservative.

and fred's a back up RB next year. end of story.

Night Train
12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I was happy for his early success in 2011 but didn't want them to extend him, long term.

Now they're shoving him down our throats while the team sinks like a stone.

stuckincincy
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
I pay little attention to what Kelly utters.

Cleve
12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I ALWAYS thought Blitzpatrick a horrible choice for a long term starting QB. He had terrible numbers prior to the Bills "anointing" him the starter. The Rams didn't even want to keep him as a back up, for heaven's sake! But this team's front office seems to think, however, they can do things differently than all the other NFL teams and be successful and turn a career backup QB, and a mediocre one at that, into a 'starter'. Again and again, they are proven wrong.

One of the stupidest decisions this franchise ever made (and man, there have been some dumb ones by Wilson & Co.) was to sign Fitzpatrick long term, and essentially abandon the search to draft a franchise QB for two or three seasons. I will always suspect that both Nix & Gailey were simply being good "Yes" men and rubber stamping more Ralph Wilson Jr "Senior Moments".

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I think there were about 5 of us on this board that saw Fitz for who he really was.

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I pay little attention to what Kelly utters.

That's because you're not a Buffalo Bills fan.