PDA

View Full Version : Should Bills try and get Cousins from Skins?

jbisset
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
What would you be willing to pay? Skins needs draft picks.

Night Train
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
They're not giving him up. His contract is peanuts.

Just scout and draft one in April within the first 3 rounds.

Joe Fo Sho
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
What does Madden say we could get him for?

Albany,n.y.
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
3 #1s & a 2.

Don't Panic
12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Two #2s. That way we can still get our LB in the 1st.

ServoBillieves
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
TRADE THE ****ING DRAFT FOR A BACKUP! WE WILL CALL HIM FITZ2.0!!!!???!?

OpIv37
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
I have two words for anyone who thinks this is a good idea: Rob Johnson.

Jaybird
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
TRADE THE ****ING DRAFT FOR A BACKUP! WE WILL CALL HIM FITZ2.0!!!!???!?

got a few more... Kevin Kolb

YardRat
12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
No.

coastal
12-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Dookie.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2012, 09:20 PM
got a few more... Kevin Kolb

I got two...Matt Schaub.

Oh, I got a couple more...Brett Favre.

Just because we've tried and failed and the Cardinals tried and failed doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Bangarang
12-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I got two...Matt Schaub.

Just because we've tried and failed and the Cardinals tried and failed doesn't mean it doesn't work.

The percentages don't favor the side where it works.

THRILLHO
12-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Well if he is anything like T-Jax it will take him an entire season to learn the playbook. Maybe he can be our 2014 starter!

Mr. Pink
12-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Prove it. I'm sure it's like a 50-50 proposition. Even still just because you failed at it once doesn't mean you just give up.

Hell we drafted a first round QB and he sucked so we should NEVER do that again. We traded for a QB and he sucked, so we should never do that again. We signed a FA QB and he sucked so we should never do that again. You start running out of options if you deem them to be failures before even trying.

Joe Fo Sho
12-17-2012, 09:44 PM

The percentages don't favor drafting a QB either.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-17-2012, 10:06 PM
I got two...Matt Schaub.

Schaub had three years worth of spot starts and preseason film on him when he was traded, Favre was picked 33rd overall. Cousins has one start.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but if the Bills wouldn't even use a third on him last year I can't see why they'd fall over themselves to trade for a guy who beat up Cleveland.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Schaub had three years worth of spot starts and preseason film on him when he was traded, Favre was picked 33rd overall. Cousins has one start.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but if the Bills wouldn't even use a third on him last year I can't see why they'd fall over themselves to trade for a guy who beat up Cleveland.

I wasn't advocating specifically to trade for Cousins, just the concept of trading for a QB.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-17-2012, 10:27 PM
I wasn't advocating specifically to trade for Cousins, just the concept of trading for a QB.

WEll then I agree. It's a worthwhile option.

kingJofNYC
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Three first round draft picks!

Do it Buddy!

Mr. Pink
12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
WEll then I agree. It's a worthwhile option.

I wouldn't mind Cousins for the right price, however, I think if he even was available that price would be way too steep.

Basically 3rd round pick and I'd do it but after he gets in some more work, his price-if available, is just gonna go higher and higher.

jimmifli
12-18-2012, 01:53 AM
What does Madden say we could get him for?

Well if we trade Freddy Jackson to Atlanta for Julio Jones, we can trade him and Nick Barnet to Cleveland For Trent Richardson and then move Richardson, Kelsay and a second rounder to Washington for RG3. I couldn't work a deal for Cousins though, so no luck.

kishoph
12-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Right now we are drafting 7th and can get as high as 3rd, people will say that there are no QB's worth a high draft pick, yet want to entrust the position to a 4th rounder. It's December, after the Bowl games, pro days and the combine, the stock on the QB's in the draft will rise, if not the Bills can always trade down a few spots, but I think that there are a couple of QB's worth a high draft spot and I would also take another in the 3rd or 4th round (as insurance). One common denominator of the past 13 years of failure is poor play at the QB position. A good QB can turn any team around, the Colts are the perfect example, the Bills will not turn it around, until they get a competent QB and it has to be done ASAP.

Night Train
12-18-2012, 04:20 AM
I have two words for anyone who thinks this is a good idea: Rob Johnson. Matt Flynn says hi from Seattle.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 07:32 AM
no thanks. with the draft shaping up with the bills on a crash course for the 3rd spot, they may get a sniff at a starting qb...and frankly, i wouldn't mind if the bills did the same thing as washington and took a second qb later (collin Klein) and said, "we may get this wrong, but we are going ot put ourselves in a position to try to have an answer mid season instead of losing an entire season like before"

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2012, 07:47 AM

AMEN MAN!!!!

This Cousins talk is insanely STUPID!

Guy was a fourth rounder. There are probably 5 Cousin's in THIS draft.

GO GET A STUD QB!!!! STOP WITH THE NONSENSE AFTER 15 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
12-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Prove it. I'm sure it's like a 50-50 proposition. Even still just because you failed at it once doesn't mean you just give up.

Hell we drafted a first round QB and he sucked so we should NEVER do that again. We traded for a QB and he sucked, so we should never do that again. We signed a FA QB and he sucked so we should never do that again. You start running out of options if you deem them to be failures before even trying.
The thing is that it's NOT a 50-50 proposition because there are other factors that make it not random.

First, Shanahan would have to be willing to give up Cousins. If he is, that should be a red flag there.

Second, it depends on our FO to be able to pick a good quarterback. Remember, these are the same people who decided to stick with Fitz. They're the same people who brought us Tyler Thigpen. They're the same people who brought us Vince Young only to cut him before the season even started. They're the same people who traded a draft pick for Tarvaris Jackson so the guy can sit on the bench in street clothes while Fitz turns the ball over 20 times. At this point, do you honestly trust anyone associated with this team to make a good decision regarding the QB situation? If so, why? They've blown it on an epic level.

justasportsfan
12-18-2012, 08:24 AM

Tavaris Jackson. Cousins would be sitting on the bench per Chan.

Bill Cody
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
The thing is that it's NOT a 50-50 proposition because there are other factors that make it not random.

First, Shanahan would have to be willing to give up Cousins. If he is, that should be a red flag there.

Second, it depends on our FO to be able to pick a good quarterback. Remember, these are the same people who decided to stick with Fitz. They're the same people who brought us Tyler Thigpen. They're the same people who brought us Vince Young only to cut him before the season even started. They're the same people who traded a draft pick for Tarvaris Jackson so the guy can sit on the bench in street clothes while Fitz turns the ball over 20 times. At this point, do you honestly trust anyone associated with this team to make a good decision regarding the QB situation? If so, why? They've blown it on an epic level.

So why does it matter if we trade for a QB or draft one then?

ThunderGun
12-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Why in the world would the Skins trade Cousins? They just spent a 4th round pick on him this year (their 3rd draft pick). They drafted him because they know RGIII is going to take a lot of hits, and miss some time, so they want a solid backup. He's played one game, and showed that he may, in fact, be exactly who they hoped he'd be. They're not going to turn around and trade him now. lol

OpIv37
12-18-2012, 09:23 AM
So why does it matter if we trade for a QB or draft one then?

Drafting one will be cheaper.

OpIv37
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Why in the world would the Skins trade Cousins? They just spent a 4th round pick on him this year (their 3rd draft pick). They drafted him because they know RGIII is going to take a lot of hits, and miss some time, so they want a solid backup. He's played one game, and showed that he may, in fact, be exactly who they hoped he'd be. They're not going to turn around and trade him now. lol

The only reason they MAY consider trading him was because they gave up a ****load of picks for RGIII and could stand to get some of those picks back. Still, I think you're right- they aren't in any big hurry to trade him. I suspect they will keep him for another year and hope he has a few more good games filling in for RGIII. If so, they will evaluate how the 2013 draft goes and what their needs are, and decide if they will trade him at that point. I see very little chance that they actually trade him now. He's playing well and his contract is peanuts.

This is the kind of trade where a team could get really fleeced by the Skins, because it would take some hefty convincing to make them willing to make the trade.

ThunderGun
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
The only reason they MAY consider trading him was because they gave up a ****load of picks for RGIII and could stand to get some of those picks back. Still, I think you're right- they aren't in any big hurry to trade him. I suspect they will keep him for another year and hope he has a few more good games filling in for RGIII. If so, they will evaluate how the 2013 draft goes and what their needs are, and decide if they will trade him at that point. I see very little chance that they actually trade him now. He's playing well and his contract is peanuts.

This is the kind of trade where a team could get really fleeced by the Skins, because it would take some hefty convincing to make them willing to make the trade.

Well, if anybody is going to "fleece" themselves, it would be us.

Bert102176
12-18-2012, 09:51 AM
They're not giving him up. His contract is peanuts.

Just scout and draft one in April within the first 3 rounds.

what sucks is none of the QB's in the draft are gonna be that good, I say we try to give up our 2nd our 5th this year and 3rd next year with the option of it possibly being a 2nd depending on how he does

OpIv37
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
what sucks is none of the QB's in the draft are gonna be that good, I say we try to give up our 2nd our 5th this year and 3rd next year with the option of it possibly being a 2nd depending on how he does

Why? So Ralph can tell us to leave him on the bench so we don't have to pay the incentive like we did with TJax?

Bert102176
12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
no thanks. with the draft shaping up with the bills on a crash course for the 3rd spot, they may get a sniff at a starting qb...and frankly, i wouldn't mind if the bills did the same thing as washington and took a second qb later (collin Klein) and said, "we may get this wrong, but we are going ot put ourselves in a position to try to have an answer mid season instead of losing an entire season like before"

NO QB is worth a top 15 pick NONE of them and with our top pick we need Manti Te'o he from day 1 will help our D and if we have Wanstedt back we need all the help we can get on D and our LB's are horrible.

Bert102176
12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Why? So Ralph can tell us to leave him on the bench so we don't have to pay the incentive like we did with TJax?

Ralph will be dead by the start of the season next year, or their will be a new owner by then.

ThunderGun
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM

So a 2nd, 3rd and 5th, for a rookie 4th round pick who started one game...against the browns?

rofl

jbisset
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
We need a QB. There is no one in this year's draft. If I could get Cousins for a 3rd or 2nd round pick; I would do the deal....else; we will be hoping to get a QB in the following year draft.... Washington needs picks after last year trade

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
We need a QB. There is no one in this year's draft. If I could get Cousins for a 3rd or 2nd round pick; I would do the deal....else; we will be hoping to get a QB in the following year draft.... Washington needs picks after last year trade

I would much rather pay market price for a qb who fits the idea of what a coach wants to accomplish than to pay extra for a fourth round pick simply because of one game. we did that at a much more spectacular cost in 1998 and have paid ever since.

get a qb who can be a long term solution, doesn't know any other organization and then give him the tools to become a lot better. cousins will not flourish here.

Michael82
12-18-2012, 04:13 PM
It shouldnt have come down to that. The Bills should have drafted Cousins!

coastal
12-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Should I jerk off when I have a fever?

SABURZFAN
12-18-2012, 04:15 PM
What would you be willing to pay? Skins needs draft picks.

no way

jbisset
12-18-2012, 04:42 PM

I agree

Mr. Pink
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM

They should have drafted somebody at least. Make some kind of effort.

Come next season if none of our 4 QBs, I'm considering Brad Smith a QB here, are on the roster I wouldn't shed a tear.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM

If the same people associated with the team are here next year, I don't even trust them enough to shuffle the top 2 guys on the depth chart. I fully believe with Chan/Nix, Fitz/Thigpen will be our QBs going into 2013. We'll go through the draft and they'll spout off "there was no one of value to take. You don't just take a guy to take a guy. You need to get value out of all your picks." August will come and 3 of our picks won't even make the team anyway.

trapezeus
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM
question on last year's draft...too lazy to look up, but did tank carder get drafted by the bills before washington took cousins? That would be just one more mistake. regardless of what cousins does in the future, he didn't flame out in training camp on the team that DRAFTED him that year.

so it's hard for buddy to tell us that they liked someone else better when the guy they took, they cut almost immediately.l

GingerP
12-19-2012, 01:31 PM
question on last year's draft...too lazy to look up, but did tank carder get drafted by the bills before washington took cousins? That would be just one more mistake.

No, Carder was taken a round later. Cousins was selected a few picks before Bradham. If they wanted him they would have had to move up a few spots or taken him in the 3rd round instead of Graham.

GingerP
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Actually, in hindsight it isn't Cousins they should lament not taking, it is Russell Wilson. Wilson was drafted by Seattle 6 picks after the Bills took T.J. Graham.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Even if the Bills drafted Cousins or Wilson, either of them would be filling the role currently occupied by TJax.

k-oneputt
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Again they need to draft TWO qb's.
And I'm talking in the first 4-5 rounds, not the bums from Troy at the end of the draft.

Because we all know they will probably f one of the picks up .