PDA

View Full Version : I cant stop laughing (JETS FAIL REP THREAD)

Mike13
12-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I cant stop laughing .

That was the greatest 53 seconds of Monday Night Football ever.

Topped off by half of ESPN's crew trying NOT to laugh, the other half being angry at the ****tiness of this game.

Oh man this is ****ing awesome. I hope they keep Sanchez and Sexy Rexy, God I want another year of this.

kingJofNYC
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM
That game was something else. What the **** is Rex Ryan doing, they win if McElroy started tonight, just garbage. Tennessee begged the Jets to win but Sanchez wasn't having it.

They'll hang 35+ on us in two weeks.

Parzival
12-17-2012, 11:13 PM
There is no way that was NOT Sanchez's last game as a jet. Did you guys see Rex walk right by him after the game?

Skooby
12-17-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm in, watching the Jets suffer is a thing of beauty. Dip your toe fat boy.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I cant stop laughing .

That was the greatest 53 seconds of Monday Night Football ever.

Topped off by half of ESPN's crew trying NOT to laugh, the other half being angry at the ****tiness of this game.

Oh man this is ****ing awesome. I hope they keep Sanchez and Sexy Rexy, God I want another year of this.

What happened?

jills
12-18-2012, 12:32 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1877lehiqe4wtjpg/original.jpg

Crisis
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Tim Tebow, with his 1 incompletion, had a higher rating than Sanchez.

kishoph
12-18-2012, 02:55 AM
That game was something else. What the **** is Rex Ryan doing, they win if McElroy started tonight, just garbage. Tennessee begged the Jets to win but Sanchez wasn't having it.

They'll hang 35+ on us in two weeks.

They didn't even have McElroy active for the game. Is Rex trying to out stupid Chan ?

YardRat
12-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I'd join in on the frivolity also if I wasn't expecting them to run us right out of the Ralph in the last game.

YardRat
12-18-2012, 05:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8757731/new-york-jets-three-qb-circus-crumbles

Zero
12-18-2012, 07:25 AM
For weeks I haven't cared if the Bills won another game his year as long as they squash the Jets in week 17. Can't ...Stand...That....Team....!

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
noticed rex walk by.

jets will crush the bills...although they may be fighting for a qb next year as well. so maybe they'll tank it. and chan will win and buddy will trot him out as keeping pace...not getting worse.

so i only see tears in the bills future, but i really enjoyed the swing in emotions from the shanked punt where rex's face said, "thank you, we are going to win." to "i hate this job, i hate these QBs, I hate myself".

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 08:16 AM
What happened?

It really was very buffalo in their execution. the defense kept a bad offense in the game. and sanchez had thrown 3 int prior to the final two minutes of the game.

with just over 2 minutes to go, sanchez threw an int at the 1 yard line. This after they had a drive extended due to a 15 yard hit to the head he took.

so titans get it at 1 yard line and play conservatively. run up the middle 3 times. jets take three timeouts.

titans kick from back of their endzone, and the punter shanks it. badly. the price is right yoddlery ref runs all the way up to the 25 yardline before stopping. jets are pumped up and ready to keep their playoff hopes alive.

next play, mangold worm burns a snap at sanchez's feet. the running back is sliding over to pass protect and kicks the ball out of sanchez' hands into a DE's hands..game over.

they had a chance ot keep their playoff hopes alive and sanchez throws 4 INTs and has a fumble.

and that was their season. the real comedy was watching rex's face go from "i can't believe we have a shot at this, let's go get the win." to "what the hell just happened!"

and we moved up the draft ladder!!

ServoBillieves
12-18-2012, 08:16 AM
I almost cried laughing at the comedy of errors put on display. My wife was watching a movie and I couldn't have cared less to watch it live, but seeing it today, man that put a biiiig smile on my face today.

As for the Bills/Jets game, is it possible that they could just take a knee for 60 minutes and maybe someone just kick a field goal for the hell of it?

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 08:24 AM
the only hope i have of the jets winning that game and not caving is that rex firmly believes this isn't his fault and that he's the victim of bad talent acquisition. and if he wins in the east, he gets one more season with a better roster.

meanwhile, chan will find a way to punt on second down and tell us its to save a time out that he would have used to decide to not kick a 50 yard field goal.

but i am torn. the bills look good at the 4-6 spot. a win would shatter than possibility. and the player we all unanimously want will be taken 1 spot ahead of where we are. and the cycle will continue on.

who do the football gods hate more, the bills or jets? it's a tough call.

pmoon6
12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I blame Fireman Ed. When he quit the Jets had no direction.

Seriously, just say Rex is fired. I know Gailey will be. Would you want him in Buffalo if he wanted be here? I think he would attract some defensive players and instantly improve our defense.

Personally, I don't like his style as I didn't like his Daddy's. Maybe the last two seasons and the torrent of criticism being leveled now may humble him somewhat. If he was fired by the Jets, what better way to try to give them the finger than coach a division rival.

Anyway, if that scenario played out it certainly would be interesting. I don't think it will happen because the Jets still played good defense even after Revis went out and he may get a pass.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I'd join in on the frivolity also if I wasn't expecting them to run us right out of the Ralph in the last game.
I sure hope so. Jets will be pushing to draft a qb and will do whatever they can to get ahead of us.

ThunderGun
12-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Seriously, just say Rex is fired. I know Gailey will be. Would you want him in Buffalo if he wanted be here? I think he would attract some defensive players and instantly improve our defense.

Personally, I don't like his style as I didn't like his Daddy's. Maybe the last two seasons and the torrent of criticism being leveled now may humble him somewhat. If he was fired by the Jets, what better way to try to give them the finger than coach a division rival.

Anyway, if that scenario played out it certainly would be interesting. I don't think it will happen because the Jets still played good defense even after Revis went out and he may get a pass.

No. I really hope Rex gets fired...but I definitely don't want him in Buffalo as head coach. MAYBE as the DC....but I'm not even sure I'd want him here in that capacity.

Joe Fo Sho
12-18-2012, 10:44 AM

I've always hated the fact that I like Rex so much. I live in Cortland, where the Jets have their training camp, and I frequent the same bar as he does when he's here. He's a really nice guy, but I have to hate him because he coaches the Jets. Anyways, I would love him to coach our defense. I think the smaller Buffalo market will fit him well after the circus he put on in New Jersey.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
What was the Bills score this past weekend?

What was the final score in Week 1?

Yeah lets laugh at the Jets.

pmoon6
12-18-2012, 12:04 PM
What was the Bills score this past weekend?

What was the final score in Week 1?

Yeah lets laugh at the Jets.Good post, we don't have any standing to laugh anyone else.

That said, I have come to hate the Jets. All you heard for a couple of years was "Mark Sanchez, Mark Sanchez". I never thought he was anything more than a game manager, so it's kind of satisfying to see him exposed as a second level QB. I also think the Jets are dirty and taught to be so. Leron Landry almost always goes for the knees when making a tackle and Yerimiah Bell isn't much cleaner. I watched as a Jets' O- lineman came from the backside and crashed down on the knees of Houston LB Brian Cushing, ending his season. No penalty no fine.

I can't laugh, but I can't help but smile a little.

mikemac2001
12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I can laugh bc it was funny sanchez gave them the game 3 times in the 4th when does a punter shank a punt that bad at the e of game

Its lile the league wanted the jets to win but sanchez pulled a sanchez

Joe Fo Sho
12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I can laugh bc it was funny sanchez gave them the game 3 times in the 4th when does a punter shank a punt that bad at the e of game

Remember the Bills-Titans game?

Bill Cody
12-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Has Mark Sanchez started his last game in the NFL? He will be benched this week, I listened to Rex Ryan and he all but said he's done with him. Will he be cut in the offseason? Seems likely to me. And who is going to pick him up as a starter? Sanchez has crashed...like a jet

Bill Cody
12-18-2012, 12:34 PM
That was a really terrible game last night. Both of those QB's seem like they were very slow in their reads. The difference is Sanchez is not a rookie.

GingerP
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
That was a really terrible game last night. Both of those QB's seem like they were very slow in their reads. The difference is Sanchez is not a rookie.

Locker isn't either.

Bill Cody
12-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Locker isn't either.

no but he has less than 1 full season of starts, I cut him more slack. Sanchez has lost his confidence. Bringing in Tebow was bad for both of them.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 01:08 PM
if they cut sanchez, i see a decent team picking him up and putting him on their second string. i think sanchez is ultimately salvageable if he doesn't have to play next season...just be like leinhart. watch a season, and then actually play in the second season and deliver the goods in a game or two with a decent line.

if not, if some team like the bills sign him, and he comes into a bad situation being asked to save the team which is far away from being good, he'll continue his losmanian journey.

that being said, let's hope the bills don't get him.

i thought at one point, sanchez might be able to survive the bills a little better with a legit run game, and a decent line...but some of his mistakes like that last INT into 3x coverage was just too much.

GingerP
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
if they cut sanchez, i see a decent team picking him up and putting him on their second string..

The Jets can't cut Sanchez. With his salary guaranteed for next year and the bonus money they spread into future years, it would kill them. They have to keep him, because his salary is guaranteed and won't come off the cap. If cut, his amortized signing bonus would accelerate and hit the cap, and they don't have the cap room to absorb it. The only way out for them would be a trade, but who is going to take him on with that contract?

They are in the same situation with Santonio Holmes. His salary next year is guaranteed and they don't have the cap room to take a big hit and get rid of him.

pmoon6
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
The Jets can't cut Sanchez. With his salary guaranteed for next year and the bonus money they spread into future years, it would kill them. They have to keep him, because his salary is guaranteed and won't come off the cap. If cut, his amortized signing bonus would accelerate and hit the cap, and they don't have the cap room to absorb it. The only way out for them would be a trade, but who is going to take him on with that contract?

They are in the same situation with Santonio Holmes. His salary next year is guaranteed and they don't have the cap room to take a big hit and get rid of him.Thanks for the info. It made me smile a little bit more. It seems the Jets propensity to sign free agents and extend players because they were a pubic hair from winning it all has caught up to them.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
i don't know. Sanchez is more toxic than chan or fitz...and we know both have to go. whatever the cost. I think you take the write-off and say, "addition by subtraction." What is crazy is that the cap hit will kill their ability to get a FA, and they are too far out for a can't miss QB in first round. So they are most likely ridding with Mcelroy whether they like it or not.

zone
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Jets are starting Greg McElroy at QB next week. Kinda crazy they traded for Tebow and refuse to play him as a QB.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
kind of hard to laugh at any team when your favorite team totally sucks.

GingerP
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
i don't know. Sanchez is more toxic than chan or fitz...and we know both have to go. whatever the cost.

They don't have the cap room to absorb the cost and do anything else to help their team.

If they keep Sanchez they are going to pay him $9.25M in compensation (salary + $500K workout bonus). His cap number will be $12,853,125.

If they cut him they are going to pay him $8.75M in compensation (just his salary). His dead money cap hit will be $17,153,125.

With the guaranteed money he is getting, how can they get rid of him?

EDS
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Think about the putrid QB play the Jets have dealt with this year. Then realize the Bills have an even worse record then the Jets!!!!!

Ed
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I guess one option for the Jets is to just sacrifice next season and get the top draft pick. They can't absorb a $17 mil cap hit by cutting Sanchez and be competitive, but the reality is that they can't win with him either. They have so many bad contracts right now, which they forced on themselves for no reason. They should just fire everyone, eat the bad contracts and take their lumps. Use the top pick to get a new franchise qb and start over.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
They don't have the cap room to absorb the cost and do anything else to help their team.

If they keep Sanchez they are going to pay him $9.25M in compensation (salary + $500K workout bonus). His cap number will be $12,853,125.

If they cut him they are going to pay him $8.75M in compensation (just his salary). His dead money cap hit will be $17,153,125.

Peter king showed they'd hvae 10mm in cap simply by cutting him before june 1 and a little more if they did it after.

they still have a great defense. aside from the 94 yard td run, the titans went no where. they've stayed in games until they realized the offense wasn't coming. just knowing you have a qb that could possibly score can help.

JoeMama
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I used to derive a sick sense of pleasure routing against our divisional betters.

That kind of schadenfreude was fun the first decade we sucked.

But now that we're well into our second decade of football irrelevance, I can't muster the same joy from other teams' misfortunes.

I need the Bills to win again.

GingerP
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Peter king showed they'd hvae 10mm in cap simply by cutting him before june 1 and a little more if they did it after.

Not quite. They can designate him as a post-June 1 cut, but they have to carry his $12,853,125 cap number on their cap until they release him. After June 1, his cap number remains unchanged (since his salary is guaranteed he still gets paid), but the bonus acceleration of $4.8M is charged to 2014. If they keep him next year, it would be exactly the same.

Knowing the Jets, what they will do is convert some of his salary to signing bonus and spread it from 2013 - 2016. His salary would drop to $715K, he would get the rest up front in signing bonus and they would keep him on the roster for 2013. His 2013 cap would lower to $7.2M, but they would take a $10.45M cap hit when they cut him after the season. That makes the most sense since they have to pay him the money anyway and they can spread out his cap hit, but they have to keep him one more year.

The Jokeman
12-18-2012, 09:06 PM
no but he has less than 1 full season of starts, I cut him more slack. Sanchez has lost his confidence. Bringing in Tebow was bad for both of them.

and as the MNF crew was saying why bring Tebow in when they did? Sanchez looked good before that damned Tebow drive. Then all thing went to hell, if I was a Jets fan I would be pissed at Tebow just as much as Sanchez.

hammerbillsfan
12-19-2012, 09:36 AM
http://youtu.be/UqENeqo2Bn4

better days
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM

They can get rid of him very easy. Just take the hit next year, lose all their games & take a franchise QB with the FIRST pick in the next years draft.