• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Bills, Urbik agree to $15 million extension

On Monday, the AFC East blog reported the Buffalo Bills and guard Kraig Urbik were in the process of hammering out a four-year extension.It turns out that both sides worked into the night and finalized an agreement.

It turns out that both sides worked into the night and finalized an agreement. A source tells ESPN.com's AFC East blog that Urbik and the Bills agreed to a four-year, $15 million extension.

Urbik is a two-year starter for Buffalo who has the versatility to play both guard spots and center. He is one of the anchors of an offensive line behind which Bills tailback C.J. Spiller recorded his first 1,000-yard season.
    -Bill
  • clumping platelets

Re: Bills, Urbik agree to $15 million extension

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Kelsay must be furious.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• IAG
        • Jan 2005

Looks like Buddy is returning.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

No issue. He's more useful than Brad Smith who makes about as much.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Just think what Levitre is thinking right now.

Urbik, while not a bum, is basically just another guy. Levitre is actually good.

He should demand almost 7m per year.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
              Just think what Levitre is thinking right now.

Urbik, while not a bum, is basically just another guy. Levitre is actually good.

He should demand almost 7m per year.
              Let me find the article I saw on Levitre's worth... It's around Carl Nicks contract.

Buffalo Bills left guard Andy Levitre has been told that there have been some preliminary talks regarding a contract extension, according to WGR 550's Joe Buscaglia...

"Taking a look at these numbers, if Levitre keeps up his solid play throughout the 2012 season, he could be in line for a Nicks-like deal. It would be very wise to re-sign him prior to the season to a team and player-friendly contract in the $38 million range. If they fail to re-sign him, using the franchise tag on an offensive lineman is extremely costly, as the cap number for linemen is set at $9.383 million"

I'm thinking 5 for 35... 7 mill agreed.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Why is Brad Smith on the team still?

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Well, at least they are starting to address the low-hanging fruit.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    Let me find the article I saw on Levitre's worth... It's around Carl Nicks contract.

Buffalo Bills left guard Andy Levitre has been told that there have been some preliminary talks regarding a contract extension, according to WGR 550's Joe Buscaglia...

"Taking a look at these numbers, if Levitre keeps up his solid play throughout the 2012 season, he could be in line for a Nicks-like deal. It would be very wise to re-sign him prior to the season to a team and player-friendly contract in the $38 million range. If they fail to re-sign him, using the franchise tag on an offensive lineman is extremely costly, as the cap number for linemen is set at $9.383 million"

I'm thinking 5 for 35... 7 mill agreed.
                    I'm thinking he's gone. Byrd needs to be resigned or tagged. Then there's the QB issue where if we go into FA to get one, it's gonna cost major dollars. Plus some of their current players with rather large increases in salary + bonuses next year.

The economics simply won't be there to retain Levitre.

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

Good move, and reasonable too. Particularly as he's not a bad back up center. I'm sure if we had any decent guards left fit, he would have been at C instead of Snow, or maybe if we had any spare tackles, then Young might be inside and Urbik at C.
                      I think it also sends out a sign to Levitre, that they genuinely want to keep the group together, which can only help in any negotiations with him.
                      Nix has always preached about the need to keep hold of the good players you have, and has pretty much followed through on that. If he gets Byrd and Levitre re-signed as well, then there can be no complaints about his performance on that particular score.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                        Why is Brad Smith on the team still?
                        Same reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starting QB.

Because the owner is fine with 5-6 wins, while making
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

I'm thinking he's gone. Byrd needs to be resigned or tagged. Then there's the QB issue where if we go into FA to get one, it's gonna cost major dollars. Plus some of their current players with rather large increases in salary + bonuses next year.

I think the money will be there.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

I wouldn't be too sure about that, tbh. Kelsay is probably done, particularly if they can re-sign Moore, who should come cheaper. Mcgee will be gone also. If they can get a deal done for Levitre, then they can tag Byrd, which is the least expensive option between tagging either/or.

Thigpen will go, also, as will Tarvaris Jackson. There's quite a bit of money in various places that will be saved to go towards getting room for guys like Byrd and Levitre.
                            Where it could be a concern, is in FA, where there might not be much available to make any sort of 'splash'.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                              I wouldn't be too sure about that, tbh. Kelsay is probably done, particularly if they can re-sign Moore, who should come cheaper. Mcgee will be gone also. If they can get a deal done for Levitre, then they can tag Byrd, which is the least expensive option between tagging either/or.

Thigpen will go, also, as will Tarvaris Jackson. There's quite a bit of money in various places that will be saved to go towards getting room for guys like Byrd and Levitre.
                              Where it could be a concern, is in FA, where there might not be much available to make any sort of 'splash'.
                              Check my other thread. I've found some preliminary numbers. Not sure to the accuracy at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X