PDA

View Full Version : How Good have the Bills been under Chan?

Mike
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Under Chan, the Bills have only had ONE with against a playoff team. That win came against the Pats last season. Simply put, the only games the Bills have won in the past 3years were vs teams on their level or worst.

SpikedLemonade
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Mike, please don't tell us you are only coming to this conclusion now?

Albany,n.y.
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
He's Jauron with less hair on the top of his head & more hair on his chin.

SpikedLemonade
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
He's Jauron with less hair on the top of his head & more hair on his chin.

I can't believe I am saying this but Jauron was a better coach.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 02:20 PM
kim kardashian is a better socialite than paris hilton....does it matter?

OpIv37
12-18-2012, 02:23 PM

I hate to say it as well, but I think I agree.

Jauron always seemed contemplative. None of his ideas worked, but he looked like was always thinking, always trying to figure out where to go next.

Gailey just looks dumbfounded. His ideas don't work, and then he just stands there with this look on his face like Bush when the aide told him about 9/11 for the rest of the game.

OLDSRIP
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Under Chan, the Bills have only had ONE with against a playoff team. That win came against the Pats last season. Simply put, the only games the Bills have won in the past 3years were vs teams on their level or worst.

That is what bothers me most about Chans teams. You would think that after 3 full seasons you would have a handful of big "statement" victories if you were improving. 3 years in you should be good enough to scare most every team. I don't think too many of the NFL elite are afraid of the Bills.
On the other side, how many times have they been completely blown out? I honestly lost count. At least 4 this season.
In the beginning I had high hopes for Chan. By as the talent seems to get better, the team gets worse.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
chan is just a bad game time coach. he has a lot more talent on the team, and he has cut back on OL penalties and got them good.

Jauron was just a nice guy who wanted to believe in lollypops and fairy tales. Routinely taking flyers on guys he'd like to see succeed and then passing on the better talent. He'd let teams take penalties without issue.

I think Chan is best at coaching some aspect of offense if the personel favors it. if not, he isn't adaptive. which is exactly jauron's issue.

OLDSRIP
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM

Jauron always seemed contemplative. None of his ideas worked, but he looked like was always thinking, always trying to figure out where to go next.

Gailey just looks dumbfounded. His ideas don't work, and then he just stands there with this look on his face like Bush when the aide told him about 9/11 for the rest of the game.

What a choice.
Juron's games we so boring. I could not stand to watch them. Chans O is much more watchable to me. It can be frustrating at times. But i can at least see the possibilities if they had a good qb.
Dicks D was usually better. Both were not very good game day coaches. Very poor at making adjustments on the fly.
Both get a D in my book.

GingerP
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't think you should be asking "how good", you should be asking "how bad".

Skooby
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Bills have a grand total of 14 wins in 12 seasons against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

Joe Fo Sho
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Bills have a grand total of 14 wins in 12 seasons against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

Yikes.

Albany,n.y.
12-18-2012, 03:02 PM

The records say you're right.

Skooby
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Yikes.

That really explains why we haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years, it's been a non-stop cluster F.

BillsOwnAll
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
What a choice.
Juron's games we so boring. I could not stand to watch them. Chans O is much more watchable to me. It can be frustrating at times. But i can at least see the possibilities if they had a good qb.
Dicks D was usually better. Both were not very good game day coaches. Very poor at making adjustments on the fly.
Both get a D in my book.

Bills offense under chan is not watchable to me. Seeing spiller on the sideline is just unacceptable. He wants to be a high flying passing offense. We dont have a QB for it and our best player is our RB. Do what works not what you want!

GingerP
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
That really explains why we haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years, it's been a non-stop cluster F.

If they lost to every team that is going to the playoffs but beat everyone else they would be 10-6 and going to the playoffs themselves.

It isn't just losing to the good teams that is the issue, it is the losses to the Tennessees and St. Louis's of the world as well.

Saratoga Slim
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
That is what bothers me most about Chans teams. You would think that after 3 full seasons you would have a handful of big "statement" victories if you were improving. 3 years in you should be good enough to scare most every team. I don't think too many of the NFL elite are afraid of the Bills.
On the other side, how many times have they been completely blown out? I honestly lost count. At least 4 this season.
In the beginning I had high hopes for Chan. By as the talent seems to get better, the team gets worse.

Its the blowouts more than anything that have me on the get a new coach bandwagon. I can't remember ever having seen more than one team hang 50 on us in a season. Seems like we're either in it to the end or getting totally shellacked, with people just giving up. To me that says something significant about Chan's inspirational ability, discipline, man management, whatever you want to call it. I still think he's a decent x's and o's coach (on offense at least), but he can't seem to produce any kind of consistency. And that's a problem.

The Jokeman
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM

It comes down to one being an offensive coach and one being a defensive. Defensive coaches look to keep games close and hope that they're offense will do enough to win, see what the Jets game last night. Whereas offensive coaches tend to look to outscore you etc (see Mike Martz). One HC that saw might be on the chopping block that would be interesting is Luvie Smith.

gebobs
12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Juron's games we so boring. I could not stand to watch them. Chans O is much more watchable to me.
This mentality is maddening. Gailey is worse in close games, has lost more games in the 4th quarter, has gotten blown out more, has a worse (much worse) record in the division, etc. yet you think he's more "watchable".

Boy, you don't know what watchable football is. Gailey is every bit as boring. Go back to your coma.

Skooby
12-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Losing isn't watchable.

OLDSRIP
12-19-2012, 08:49 AM
This mentality is maddening. Gailey is worse in close games, has lost more games in the 4th quarter, has gotten blown out more, has a worse (much worse) record in the division, etc. yet you think he's more "watchable".

Boy, you don't know what watchable football is. Gailey is every bit as boring. Go back to your coma.

my coma? Ok.

You must not remember watching Dicks O. It was little league. No imagination at all.
Chans O has potential. If you read all of what I said, I also said it was frustrating to watch because of the QB. Also as someone else mentioned, his keeping Spiller on the bench. But I can see it working if you had the right qb.
I agree that Chan is a terrible game day coach. I gave him and Dick a D grade on game day coaching.
You will have to show me where I said it was acceptable or he is doing a good job.
i simply wrote that his O looks better than Juron's.
when you reply to what someone has said, you have to read the whole thing. Maybe more than once if reading comprehension is a problem.
To me the Maddening mentality you speak of is when some one picks a couple words out of a statement and twists it totally out of context to try to slam someone. You know, kinda like Fox news does.

OLDSRIP
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Bills offense under chan is not watchable to me. Seeing spiller on the sideline is just unacceptable. He wants to be a high flying passing offense. We dont have a QB for it and our best player is our RB. Do what works not what you want!

I agree, that is the frustrating part. I also said he doesn't have the qb to run his system.
go back and watch a Juron game. The O was terrible, totally unwatchable. It wouldn't of worked
well against good teams no matter who was behind center.
i think Chans could work given a top 10 qb.

gebobs
12-19-2012, 09:12 AM
my coma? Ok.

You must not remember watching Dicks O. It was little league. No imagination at all.
Chans O has potential. If you read all of what I said, I also said it was frustrating to watch because of the QB. Also as someone else mentioned, his keeping Spiller on the bench. But I can see it working if you had the right qb.
I agree that Chan is a terrible game day coach. I gave him and Dick a D grade on game day coaching.
You will have to show me where I said it was acceptable or he is doing a good job.
i simply wrote that his O looks better than Juron's.
when you reply to what someone has said, you have to read the whole thing. Maybe more than once if reading comprehension is a problem.
To me the Maddening mentality you speak of is when some one picks a couple words out of a statement and twists it totally out of context to try to slam someone. You know, kinda like Fox news does.
That's fine. My post was overly harsh and I apologize for it.

But I don't give Gailey any credit for making the offense "watchable" and I'm not interested in comparing him to Jauron. They are/were both awful.

OLDSRIP
12-19-2012, 09:20 AM
That's fine. My post was overly harsh and I apologize for it.

But I don't give Gailey any credit for making the offense "watchable" and I'm not interested in comparing him to Jauron. They are/were both awful.

Cool, I agree neither one is worth a damn as a head coach.