PDA

View Full Version : Polian doesn't close the door on a return to Buffalo

X-Era
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/193050/4/Take-2--Polian-Says-Patience-is-Key-for-Bills

But, he feels we are on the right course and should keep going with both Chan and Buddy.

BLeonard
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/193050/4/Take-2--Polian-Says-Patience-is-Key-for-Bills

But, he feels we are on the right course and should keep going with both Chan and Buddy.

Well, to be fair this was before the debacle in Toronto...

But, if Polian still feels that way, then personally, I'm not sure I'd want him back, anyway. Based on the comments, he might retain Fitz if hired.

Then again, he could just have been giving the "diplomatic" answer.

-Bill

X-Era
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, to be fair this was before the debacle in Toronto...

But, if Polian still feels that way, then personally, I'm not sure I'd want him back, anyway. Based on the comments, he might retain Fitz if hired.

Then again, he could just have been giving the "diplomatic" answer.

-BillIt all seemed diplomatic I agree. I would take him back. Just for having two different teams go to the SB.

Scumbag College
12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
i think Polian was busting balls saying that the Bills were on the right course.

X-Era
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
i think Polian was busting balls saying that the Bills were on the right course.
Is that wishful thinking? Lol.

mikemac2001
12-18-2012, 06:55 PM
idk this made me sad...it seemed he wanted the bills to win for ralph and if ralph came to him he wouldnt turn it down....polian and ralph are bills fans like all of us...they have lived through the ups and downs and deep down want us to win.

Skooby
12-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Polian needs to change his meds.

X-Era
12-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Polian is younger than Buddy... I did not know that.

70 vs. 73.

DraftBoy
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
He's going to KC.

cookie G
12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
At the very least, hire him to evaluate the QB class.

And leave his son home.

The Jokeman
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
He's going to KC.

and one of the first thing Polian always does to turn a franchise around is get a QB. See bringing Kelly back from the USFL, getting Kerry Collins with his first pick with the Panthers and Peyton with his first pick with the Colts. In other words forget any thoughts of Geno Smith in Buffalo if true.

Jeff1220
12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Classy, diplomatic answers. Though I believe him that he counts Buffalo as home and wants to see the Bills succeed

bigbub2352
12-18-2012, 07:57 PM
imagine the head coach he could land...dungy wouldnt be to bad

nix can step down and scout the south or bye

coastal
12-18-2012, 07:57 PM
As long as he returns as CEO and that sniveling little homo Brandon is sent packing along with his Tonka trucks.

The Jokeman
12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
As long as he returns as CEO and that sniveling little homo Brandon is sent packing along with his Tonka trucks.

Not going to happen with Wilson as owner. Until people start to understand that Wilson deems the Bills as a business first and football team second things like this will never happen.

coastal
12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Not going to happen with Wilson as owner. Until people start to understand that Wilson deems the Bills as a business first and football team second things like this will never happen.
Unless us Bills fans demanded change.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Unless us Bills fans demanded change.
Dude, they dont care what we think! seriously what have they EVER done that shows they care what we think?

BLeonard
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Dude, they dont care what we think! seriously what have they EVER done that shows they care what we think?

Betcha they'd care if the people who still buy tickets to this abortion of a football team woke up, realized that they are paying for a **** product and stopped buying those tickets, they'd care a helluva lot more than they do now.

At worst, 75% of the Bills games have been sold out this year... If the Jets game somehow sells out, it'll be all but 1 that will have sold out. If people are buying the product as is, why change it?

Yet, for whatever reason, those people that are still buying tickets justify it by thinking that them buying tickets will really be the reason that Damocles' sword doesn't fall (meaning, the Bills stay in Buffalo).

Here's a hint: Attendance will have absolutely nothing to do with whether the Bills leave WNY or not.

-Bill

The Jokeman
12-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Betcha they'd care if the people who still buy tickets to this abortion of a football team woke up, realized that they are paying for a **** product and stopped buying those tickets, they'd care a helluva lot more than they do now.

At worst, 75% of the Bills games have been sold out this year... If the Jets game somehow sells out, it'll be all but 1 that will have sold out. If people are buying the product as is, why change it?

Yet, for whatever reason, those people that are still buying tickets justify it by thinking that them buying tickets will really be the reason that Damocles' sword doesn't fall (meaning, the Bills stay in Buffalo).

Here's a hint: Attendance will have absolutely nothing to do with whether the Bills leave WNY or not.

-Bill

and if fans stop going to games the Bills can use at as an excuse to relocate. It's nice to think we control the front office but sadly we don't. Yet I do believe this team is doing the rebuild process right this time whereas I will admit was disillusioned in the past with the addition of Flutie and Bledsoe. I thought maybe Fitz would step up this year and prove to more Rich Gannonesque but it didn't happen. That said I do see important pieces in place that make me think there's a chance in 2013.

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 10:25 PM
i felt like polian closed the door pretty good when he said there was no reason to change.

BLeonard
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
and if fans stop going to games the Bills can use at as an excuse to relocate.

God, I'm so sick of reading this ****...

With relocating comes relocation fees, on top of having to have a stadium to play in, etc, etc. You really think a 95 year old man is gonna fork over hundereds of millions of dollars to relocate the team just because the stands are empty on Sundays? If wilson was gonna move, it would have been done years ago. Any other city's fans would have checked out 10 years ago. Ask Cleveland Browns fans how important buying tickets is when an Owner decides to move a team. If you don't know any Browns fans, a Seattle Supersonics fan would suffice as well.

The Miami Dolphins have empty seats every Sunday... Haven't heard a word about them moving. Jacksonville tarps half of their stadium off and still can't sell out games. Yet, the new owner has said he plans to keep the team in Jacksonville.

Ticket sales mean jack in the NFL. If an owner is gonna move, he's gonna do it, no matter how many fans show up. 99.9% of the time, a team is moves due to not getting upgrades to an existing stadium, or a new stadium altogether. It has had zero to do with how many people are gullible enough to buy tickets to a bad product year after year.

Even if Old Man Wilson wanted to move the Bills, where are they gonna go?

LA? Please. They've been "in the process" of building a stadium since the Rams and Raiders left in 1994. Almost 20 years later, they still haven't broken ground.

Toronto? They're not going to finance a new stadium, which would be needed for an NFL franchise. SkyDome is fine for leasing the Bills out once a year, but not a full-time solution.

San Antonio? That's a city I've heard some noise about in acquiring an NFL team. I highly doubt it. While they might be able to support an NFL team, I'd about bet that Jerruh Jones wouldn't be willing to have another franchise invade "Cowboy Territory," especially since he has a billion dollar stadium to fill and the in-state Texans are already taking some of his sales, due to being much better in the football department.

London? Again, they might attract a decent crowd once a year, but anymore than that and the novelty would wear off. it's the same reason the Harlem Globetrotters and circuses only go to towns once a year... It's neat when it comes to town, but nobody would pay 8 times a year to see the act.

But, you keep thinking that you buying tickets means that you have control of whether Damocles' sword falls or not. I'll watch the games, because I'm a fan of the team and will continue to be. But, I won't support the product financially. I'll spend that money on things that give me a better return on my investment.

The NFL owners, players, etc are always telling everyone how "It's a business." Fans should start thinking that way, too. Personally, bad businesses don't get my money until they improve their service.

-Bill

trapezeus
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
BTW, i was very young during 2-14 seasons. i remember watching some of the games, but wasn't old enough to know strategy and stuff. was marv lost in game situations as gailey

Night Train
12-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Polian isn't coming here. He wants to work 1-2 years, then turn everything over to his son Chris, who's a dolt from all reports in Indy. They're a package deal and the Bills don't want that.

Back To The Future isn't playing in any area theaters.

kishoph
12-19-2012, 05:46 AM
BTW, i was very young during 2-14 seasons. i remember watching some of the games, but wasn't old enough to know strategy and stuff. was marv lost in game situations as gailey

Levy never had any 2-14 seasons, his worst may have been 7-9 (guessing), also don't forget it was Kelly calling the offensive plays for most of Levy's tenure, so that was a lot of pressure off Levy. Not saying Levy didn't have his share of brain farts, but nothing like the diarrhea that comes from Gailey.

As far as bringing back Polian, please no, the 80's have come and gone.

X-Era
12-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Levy never had any 2-14 seasons, his worst may have been 7-9 (guessing), also don't forget it was Kelly calling the offensive plays for most of Levy's tenure, so that was a lot of pressure off Levy. Not saying Levy didn't have his share of brain farts, but nothing like the diarrhea that comes from Gailey.

As far as bringing back Polian, please no, the 80's have come and gone.The one thing he would bring to the table is someone who sees the true value of a stud QB.

Thundering Buffalo
12-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I think its time for a billboard in mutiple locations. I'd donate and i'm sure other Bills Fans would to, to get the architect back that made us relevant in the NFL. I think Jimbo, Thurman and Talley would be glad to help out with this push as well. He's had success EVERYWHERE he's gone. It's time the people that have funded this mess to revolt and be heard!!

OpIv37
12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I know Polian was probably just giving diplomatic answers and trying not to ruffle any feathers. And I know Polian is not an employee of the team and hence was not speaking in any official capacity.

But dammit, I get so irritated when people say that Bills fans just need patience.

It's been 12 years since we've been in the playoffs and 16 since we've won a playoff game. In that twelve-year span, we've had one winning season. And in that twelve-year span, countless teams have turned it around and gone from losers to winners and even contenders. Hell, some teams have gotten good, bottomed out, rebuilt and became good again all while the Bills remain mired in losing.

And I'm too young to remember, but if you go back before the 90's teams, historically things have not been much better. Ralph has basically had maybe 12 good seasons out of 52. And he's 0-47 on Super Bowls (I know, 47 hasn't been played yet, but we are already eliminated from contention).

Now, I realize the current staff is only responsible for the last 3 years, but that doesn't change the fact that, as fans, we've been suffering through 12+ years of sub-par teams, and people old enough to remember the 80's and before have been suffering through a lot more than that. The fans still show up to the stadium, buy merch and watch games on TV despite all of that. How much more patience can they possibly expect us to have?

It's always take-take-take with this team. They expect the world from us as fans, then they sell off our home games to another city and can't even be bothered to put up a competitive effort on the field (let alone get a win).

So, **** patience. The fans have given enough. It's time to see some return on investment.

justasportsfan
12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
The one thing he would bring to the table is someone who sees the true value of a stud QB.

I think Nix would have drafted Cam Newton if he was available. They drafted Rivers even after they already had Brees.

trapezeus
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
to be fair, brees didn't break out until the year they got rivers. he literally had a break out season that year. and then left via free agency.

YardRat
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Polian's name has just been linked to Kansas City by NFLN.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Doesn't Polian and Littman hate each other?

Littman is going nowhere...ever.

black N yellow
12-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Doesn't Polian and Littman hate each other?

Littman is going nowhere...ever.

Littman should be deported.