• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Stevie Johnson's legit.

“It’s just hope. Playing for hope, for my teammates, for the fans, for them to see that there’s still hope,” he said. “It may seem sort of weak, but that’s what it is. We’re not playing for the playoffs man, but you still turn on the channel and the Bills are still your team. You still can watch and say, ‘That kid is still playing. That guy out there is playing.’ So it’s something to play for still, for the fans.”

• MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Stevie Johnson's legit.

I wish his teammates played the same way he talks, we might have done something this season having played a majority of the league's worse teams.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Was hoping that Stevie would legitimately slap Fitz in the face without his helmet on.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Stevie loves Fitz and loves this staff. He also said he wants Gailey back next year.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Stevie loves Fitz and loves this staff. He also said he wants Gailey back next year.
          Stevie doesn't want to burn Fitz but I am 100% sure that Stevie wants a better QB because his numbers are suffering. Stevie should be a 100 reception 10 TD WR year in and year out.

Comment

• ThunderGun
            • Dec 2011

Stevie isn't perfect. He'll drop an easy pass from time to time, and he had the issues with TD celebrations last year...but you can't question the guys heart or work ethic. He gives 100% on every play, and he is able to get open and make sick catches against really good defenders. He seems frustrated by the fact that Fitz can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he never complains about it publicly, and he still gives his all on every play.

I'm so glad we re-signed this kid. I just feel bad that he'll probably never play for a good QB. Funny, because when I first saw him play, I thought he reminded me of a young, quick version of Moulds, who also had to deal with a revolving door of scrub QB's for his entire career.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Because if he says anything else he'd be a "cancer".

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Tank it stevie and you may get a good qb to throw to you
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

I too seriously can't believe he's been able to contain his frustration publicly. You know all those misfires have got to burn him inside. Heck, the 2 INT underthrows that would have led us to beat the SB Giants last year still burn ME!

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ThunderGun View Post
                    Stevie isn't perfect. He'll drop an easy pass from time to time, and he had the issues with TD celebrations last year...but you can't question the guys heart or work ethic. He gives 100% on every play, and he is able to get open and make sick catches against really good defenders. He seems frustrated by the fact that Fitz can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he never complains about it publicly, and he still gives his all on every play.

I'm so glad we re-signed this kid. I just feel bad that he'll probably never play for a good QB. Funny, because when I first saw him play, I thought he reminded me of a young, quick version of Moulds, who also had to deal with a revolving door of scrub QB's for his entire career.
                    Johnson to me is more of a Reggie Wayne. Neither have the size or speed but their routes are unpredictable and they know how to create just enough separation.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Good to see some maturity out of this guy finally.

I still have my doubts but I'm coming around.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                        Stevie doesn't want to burn Fitz but I am 100% sure that Stevie wants a better QB because his numbers are suffering. Stevie should be a 100 reception 10 TD WR year in and year out.
                        He's going to finish close to 79 and with 7-8 TD's. Not a huge drop off.

I would imagine though that he would agree, but all reports have been that they really do like each other on and off the field. Remember it was Fitz who showed up to Stevei's contract signing and press conference. How many times have you seen that?
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

He's going to finish close to 79 and with 7-8 TD's. Not a huge drop off.

I would imagine though that he would agree, but all reports have been that they really do like each other on and off the field. Remember it was Fitz who showed up to Stevei's contract signing and press conference. How many times have you seen that?
                          I also believe they are buds but Stevie knows just as well as we do that Fitz is holding the offense back. He sees the other QBs in the league that are making plays every game and he probably wants to have one of them so he can crack the elite of WRs and make the playoffs. I'm also sure he will never say anything like that publicly.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I also believe they are buds but Stevie knows just as well as we do that Fitz is holding the offense back. He sees the other QBs in the league that are making plays every game and he probably wants to have one of them so he can crack the elite of WRs and make the playoffs. I'm also sure he will never say anything like that publicly.
                            Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know I suppose.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Johnson was a surprise find. Every receiver has bad/dumb games. See AJ Green the last few weeks - he's stunk. Bad. Really bad.

Another CIN player: LT Whitworth. If you happen to get a CIN game, sooner or later, one of the talking heads will go on about how he's never been an All-Pro. Wring their hands. Well...he can push a rusher left with the best of them. Powerful in the run, greatly aided by the years of CIN leading the league in rushing left.

Put a face on him, and knife in a quick rusher to the right, you have a qb stressed. He doesn't pick it up very well. Speaking of CIN, their MVP is Green-Ellis IMO. You give him blocking capable of 10 yards, he gets the ten yards. Very quick and decisive to the hole, as advertised. I forget the numbers, but he's something like converting 90% of 3rd and ones.

Top 5, top 10, whatever. Johnson starts with most any team.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-19-2012, 02:16 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X