PDA

View Full Version : if post season was expanded by two wild card berth's

trapezeus
12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
a buffalo rumbling article i read said that even if it was expanded to allow in two more wildcard teams, the bills would still not have qualified for the playoffs for the last 13 years. How god awful is that?

Joe Fo Sho
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
That is absolutely disgusting.

stuckincincy
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
It will happen - just like the NHL, NBA, MLB. $$$$$$$$.

BLeonard
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
It will happen - just like the NHL, NBA, MLB. $$$$$$$$.

The funny thing is, Goodell has been screaming "player safety" at the top of his lungs, yet when it comes to the league making more money, player safety all of a sudden isn't so important.

They locked out the regular referees over a contract dispute. Now, while I don't feel that the "regular refs" are really much betetr than the replacement refs were, for whatever reason, the regular refs get more respect from the players, meaning less fighting, cheapshots, etc.

Now, since they couldn't get an 18 game schedule passed, they are talking expanding the playoffs. Isn't it bad enough that a 7-9 team won a division a couple years back? But, yeah, let's have a 6-10 team manage to get into the playoffs.

They want to add all these games, yet, their big answer when it comes to player safety? Eiminating kickoffs.

If they really game a damn about player safety, they'd cut a couple games off the schedule or, at least give each team a second bye week. But, they wouldn't make as much money if they took either of those routes.

Even after a 13 year playoff drought, I wouldn't want the Bills in the playoffs if they had to back in, or simply got in because other teams in the AFC suck more. I want them to get in because they earned it.

-Bill

Skooby
12-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Bills have a grand total of 14 wins in 12 seasons against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 07:43 AM
The funny thing is, Goodell has been screaming "player safety" at the top of his lungs, yet when it comes to the league making more money, player safety all of a sudden isn't so important.

They locked out the regular referees over a contract dispute. Now, while I don't feel that the "regular refs" are really much betetr than the replacement refs were, for whatever reason, the regular refs get more respect from the players, meaning less fighting, cheapshots, etc.

Now, since they couldn't get an 18 game schedule passed, they are talking expanding the playoffs. Isn't it bad enough that a 7-9 team won a division a couple years back? But, yeah, let's have a 6-10 team manage to get into the playoffs.

They want to add all these games, yet, their big answer when it comes to player safety? Eiminating kickoffs.

If they really game a damn about player safety, they'd cut a couple games off the schedule or, at least give each team a second bye week. But, they wouldn't make as much money if they took either of those routes.

Even after a 13 year playoff drought, I wouldn't want the Bills in the playoffs if they had to back in, or simply got in because other teams in the AFC suck more. I want them to get in because they earned it.

-Bill

agreed, but apparently, the bills couldn't even back into the playoffs based on their ineptness. like this year, they aren't going to be 1 or two slots away. they routinely are 3 or more slots away from the playoffs.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
agreed, but apparently, the bills couldn't even back into the playoffs based on their ineptness. like this year, they aren't going to be 1 or two slots away. they routinely are 3 or more slots away from the playoffs.

Well we've only had one winning season since then. One. That takes a period of sustained fail the likes of which can't be overstated.

Ed
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah even in 2004 when we finished 9-7, we would have been 9th, losing tie-breakers to Jax and Baltimore.