PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Jets to explore QB options

BLeonard
12-20-2012, 12:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8763411/new-york-jets-shop-mark-sanchez-part-ways-tim-tebow-according-sources

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- With one quarterback change, the New York Jets may have affected the future of two quarterbacks -- Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

The Jets will explore all options with Sanchez, including a trade, and the team plans to part ways with Tebow after the season, league sources said Wednesday.

It would be difficult to trade Sanchez because of an $8.25 million guarantee in 2013 in his contract. However, the Jets, who benched Sanchez this week in favor of the unproven Greg McElroy, are taking an open-minded approach and may be willing to start over at quarterback.

Meanwhile, a clearly miffed Tebow, no longer masking his season-long frustration, left no doubt he's unhappy with his role. He will seek to play elsewhere next season, and the Jets appear willing to accommodate his wishes.

Upset he was passed over for the starting-quarterback job, Tebow spoke of the Jets in the past tense Wednesday, admitting he doesn't understand why they traded for him last March. Asked if he envisions returning to the team in 2013, he said: "I'm not sure. It's something we'll talk about after the season."

The backup quarterback is expected to ask out, clarifying, "I haven't asked for a trade yet" -- the word "yet" hanging in the air. He's signed through 2014.

I'm especially worried about the possibility of the Bills going after Tebow... From what I remember, they wanted to draft him and, given his unexplained popularity, he'd obviously help sell jerseys and tickets, which really helps Russ Brandon out...

I don't want the Bills to go after Tebow, but I'm afraid that they might do exactly that.

-Bill

SeatownBillsFan21
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Ah that would be god awful but they i can totally see that happening.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 03:25 AM
If Tebow is made available this offseason, get ready. He'll be here. Unfortunately.

kishoph
12-20-2012, 04:44 AM
I think the Jets will keep Tebow, it's Sanchez that they'll dump, I can't imagine any team picking him up with that contract, so the Jets will probably just release him.

Night Train
12-20-2012, 05:01 AM
That will be quite the hit on Sanchez. Guaranteed 8.25 Mil and a 500k workout bonus.

USC QB's have been terrible in the NFL.
Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson

YardRat
12-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Not a Tebow fan at all, but I'd be willing to trade them Fitz, Thigpen, and B.Smith for him just to purge our own QB cluster****.

mjt328
12-20-2012, 05:41 AM
That will be quite the hit on Sanchez. Guaranteed 8.25 Mil and a 500k workout bonus.

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson

Carson Palmer was not terrible.
In fact, he was one of the top QBs in the league before injuries started taking their toll.

Rodney Peete was good enough to be a solid backup in the NFL for quite a few years.

jamze132
12-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Jets are going to drump Tebow and he's going to be a beast in NE.

casdhf
12-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Tebow would at least make us NFL relevant again.

Night Train
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Carson Palmer was not terrible.
In fact, he was one of the top QBs in the league before injuries started taking their toll.

Rodney Peete was good enough to be a solid backup in the NFL for quite a few years.

Stats guy, like Bledsoe. Clutch time = Epic Fail

DraftBoy
12-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Last I heard was Jets looking to dump both QB's and possibly bring in Vick.

If its Vick or Tebow in Buffalo, which one do you want?

BuffaloWingEater
12-20-2012, 07:21 AM
If Tebow is made available this offseason, get ready. He'll be here. Unfortunately.

:groan:

coastal
12-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Tebow would be an perfect fit in Buffalo and with CJ.

trick out the offensive line, run two tight end sets where they can go inline or split out.

Big, physical, power football.

Buffalo Bills football.

BuffaloWingEater
12-20-2012, 07:22 AM

watch us draft barkley :(

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 07:39 AM
no thanks to tebow. it's funny how super religious people will look at streams of data and say, "no, that's not right, he needs more time." and then have one throw in one playoff game with arguably the best defense at at the time and say, "see, i told you so. so amazing. so much potential"

if you pick up tebow, he better be cheaper than brad smith, and brad smith better be gone. if we go into next year with tebow, b smith and a rookie qb, guess which team is going to have an injuried rookie and ineffectual backups?

this would represent the biggest backwards move since the TO acquisition.

better days
12-20-2012, 07:47 AM
I would love to see Tebow in Buffalo. And for those that think he can't pass, he has 6 completetions in his 8 attempts with the Jets this year. Another thing, Tebow is not a turnover machine, 0 INTs & 0 Fumbles with the Jets.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 07:49 AM
for how many yards? the guy is a gadget player and that's it. and his fans fail to realize that he looks like he doesn't even throw left handed. he's terribly inaccurate and has been given a run only offense.

wow he completed 6-8....in a season. those are johnny football numbers for sure.

better days
12-20-2012, 07:55 AM
for how many yards? the guy is a gadget player and that's it. and his fans fail to realize that he looks like he doesn't even throw left handed. he's terribly inaccurate and has been given a run only offense.

wow he completed 6-8....in a season. those are johnny football numbers for sure.

It is not Tebows fault Rex is an ass & an idiot for not playing him. His average with the Jets is 4.88 yds with a long of 23. His career is 6.71 yds with a long of 56 yds. You want to talk inaccurate, talk Fitz.

Skooby
12-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Tebow is finally becoming a baby & breaking that humble go lucky boy image.

MTBillsFan
12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I would like to see the Bills take a look at Tebow. It's not like the Bills have any place to go but up. I think rock bottom has been hit. Why give it a try. Like Coastal said big powerful football.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 08:20 AM
I would love to see Tebow in Buffalo. And for those that think he can't pass, he has 6 completetions in his 8 attempts with the Jets this year. Another thing, Tebow is not a turnover machine, 0 INTs & 0 Fumbles with the Jets.

0 INT's in 8 passes?

Please.

Even Fitz can go 8 passes without throwing an INT. The sample size is far too small to be meaningful.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 08:21 AM

Relevant meaning that the media would care about us? Yes.

Relevant in terms of success on the field? No.

Tebow is an athlete and he has a place on the football field. Starting QB ain't it.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 08:23 AM
And btw, I think it's absolutely hilarious that a USC went as a high draft pick to the Jets and failed. It's a futility two-for-one!

better days
12-20-2012, 08:29 AM
0 INT's in 8 passes?

Please.

Even Fitz can go 8 passes without throwing an INT. The sample size is far too small to be meaningful.

There have been times that Fitz did not go 8 passes without throwing an INT. In his career, Tebow has 9 INTs. Along with 17 TDs passing & 12 TDs rushing.

better days
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Relevant meaning that the media would care about us? Yes.

Relevant in terms of success on the field? No.

Tebow is an athlete and he has a place on the football field. Starting QB ain't it.

Well, I think some team will give Tebow the chance to be a starting QB next year.

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
I have had a serious man crush on Tebow for a while, for his squeaky clean image and his super positive attitude. Great role model and golden boy for the NFL.

But we want to win football games. I want Geno Smith instead.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Well, I think some team will give Tebow the chance to be a starting QB next year.

It's a strong possibility. There are a lot of teams that need QB's and this draft class is weak on QB's. Still, I don't see it working. Tebow has some speed and athleticism that allows him to do things that most QB's can't, but he also lacks some of the basic tools that NFL QB's need.

stuckincincy
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
It's a strong possibility. There are a lot of teams that need QB's and this draft class is weak on QB's. Still, I don't see it working. Tebow has some speed and athleticism that allows him to do things that most QB's can't, but he also lacks some of the basic tools that NFL QB's need.

Good evaluation. I wonder if at some point, he sheds the QB mantle and becomes a RB. He's a fine athlete and competitor, has the size - but I've no idea if he's capable of multiple carries, backfield blocking, or if his hands are adequate.

Albany,n.y.
12-20-2012, 09:06 AM

In Canada

IlluminatusUIUC
12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I have had a serious man crush on Tebow for a while, for his squeaky clean image and his super positive attitude. Great role model and golden boy for the NFL.

But we want to win football games. I want Geno Smith instead.

I agree with this. I like Tebow, and I wouldn't complain if he was on our team, but he absolutely cannot be our only developmental QB.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
he's an athlete...but i think he's a real character. playing this part for media and then kind of insiduously using his fan base to cry on his behalf that he isn't playing.

one thing that boggles my mind about hte jets is that tebow is good at getting yards in the red zone. and they'd routinely pull him out of htat package.

if the bills had him and wanted him as their red zone back (since chan hates using spiller), fine. but to think this guy has the accuracy to pull a team with a sub par defense to the playoffs...that's asking for a lot.

by hating on tebow, i'm not saying, "lets stay with fitz". in some ways tebow's inaccuracy is so bad, he can't even really throw interceptions. i'm basing this on his throws from denver. when he's bad, he's awful. and he was throwing receivers into monster shots. he worm burned some passes. he had balls into the first round of the stands and he wasn't even throwing it away. So he gets less interceptions than someone like fitz who is inaccurate and still puts the ball in play.

if the bills pick him up as a gadget player and have better usage for him, fine. if he's supposed to be the turn around, no thank you.

djjimkelly
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM

hey i think vince evans was in the league till he was 40 i think his bank book says he was a sucess

IlluminatusUIUC
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM

To be fair, Cassel was a 7th round pick who didn't even start in college. Even getting that one good season each in New England and KC is a whole lot better than he was expected to do.

he's an athlete...but i think he's a real character. playing this part for media and then kind of insiduously using his fan base to cry on his behalf that he isn't playing.

I don't know where you're getting that from. I don't get the cynical manipulator vibe from him at all.

one thing that boggles my mind about hte jets is that tebow is good at getting yards in the red zone. and they'd routinely pull him out of htat package.

Yes, that is where Tebow can be an massive asset. In the red zone, you can't really make more than 1-2 reads anyway, so put him in there for a few "1 and run" plays and QB options.

Bill Cody
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
The jets are going to release Sanchez unless Rex gets fired, Rex is done with Sanchez. Is Tebow under contract for next year? if not he will definetely not return to NY. Even if he is he's going to ask out.

My preference would be to make a roster of 45 qb's next year and rotate them all a play each. We'll find a good one eventually.

k-oneputt
12-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Once Sanchez is cut he should try to get in with the Ariz. Cardinals, much better fit for him. close to home, inside domes within division.

As for Barkley I would take him any day over Fitz.

I prefer Tyler Wilson though.

stuckincincy
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Palmer had a decent career. There's always been an unvoiced feeling here in CIN, that if he was drafted by another club, he could have been spectacular.

Bill Cody
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Palmer had a decent career. There's always been an unvoiced feeling here in CIN, that if he was drafted by another club, he could have been spectacular.

I agree. And he brought 2 #1's back when he was traded on the downside of his career for Cincy. They got their money's worth and then some from Palmer.

Bill Cody
12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
[/LEFT]

Yes, that is where Tebow can be an massive asset. In the red zone, you can't really make more than 1-2 reads anyway, so put him in there for a few "1 and run" plays and QB options.

Ok so why didn't the Jets get anything out of him in the red zone?

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM

Because Rex Ryan is a vindictive *******. He never wanted Tebow in the first place, but the Jets' owner Woody Johnson did. So, Ryan used him as little as possible and didn't put him in the situations where he would likely be the most successful.

better days
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
In Canada

No, In the NFL.

Ed
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Why? No one wanted to give him a chance last year. Tebow was made available to every team in the league after last season for a relatively cheap price and not one single team wanted him to be their starting qb.

Tebow completed 46.5% of his passes last year. He was the only qb in the league that completed less than 50% of his passes. Fitzpatrick has completed 62% of his passes this year and last, but you think he's inaccurate. Tebow is simply not a good thrower of the football. End of story. No one wants a qb that can't throw the ball.

stuckincincy
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I agree. And he brought 2 #1's back when he was traded on the downside of his career for Cincy. They got their money's worth and then some from Palmer.

They used OAK's #1 pick in '12 to get right guard K .Zeitler, who has started in all games this year. The #1 in '13 was conditional on them making the AFC championship game in 2011. That has reverted to OAK's 2nd this coming April - likely a top 5.

He was a very classy guy. I felt bad seeing him labor under owner Brown and HC Lewis.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, Palmer was pretty good. Hell, I'd have taken him in Buffalo over all the jokers we had post-Kelly until now.

But that being said, that's one compared to the whole list of USC QB's who failed.

The problem is this: at USC, the talent level is so superior to the competition for most of the games. They maybe play 4 games a year against equal competition. And in Sanchez's case, he was only a starter for 1 year. So, more so than QB's from a lot of other schools, the QB's just simply aren't prepared to play against equal or better competition every single week.

OpIv37
12-20-2012, 10:25 AM
And I really hope we don't get Barkley because a) see prior post about USC failures at QB and b) I don't want to have to root for a USC guy.

Don't get me wrong- if he ends up in Buffalo I'll root for him because I know we need a QB and I want the Bills to do well, but I won't like it one bit. It would be my luck that the Bills win a SB and when they do, there's some USC asshat up there holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Slim
12-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah, Palmer was pretty good. Hell, I'd have taken him in Buffalo over all the jokers we had post-Kelly until now.

But that being said, that's one compared to the whole list of USC QB's who failed.

The problem is this: at USC, the talent level is so superior to the competition for most of the games. They maybe play 4 games a year against equal competition. And in Sanchez's case, he was only a starter for 1 year. So, more so than QB's from a lot of other schools, the QB's just simply aren't prepared to play against equal or better competition every single week.

Agreed. The Pac-12 hasn't been known as a defensive powerhouse. They tend to make QB's looks better then they are.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-20-2012, 10:37 AM

You mean like Mario Williams did?

Generalissimus Gibby
12-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Eric Czerniewski

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Honest answer? Stay with Fitz.

Vick is even more of a turnover machine at this stage in his career than Fitz and Tebow ain't an NFL QB.

better days
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Why? No one wanted to give him a chance last year. Tebow was made available to every team in the league after last season for a relatively cheap price and not one single team wanted him to be their starting qb.

Tebow completed 46.5% of his passes last year. He was the only qb in the league that completed less than 50% of his passes. Fitzpatrick has completed 62% of his passes this year and last, but you think he's inaccurate. Tebow is simply not a good thrower of the football. End of story. No one wants a qb that can't throw the ball.

Last year:

Tebow: 14 games 18 TDs 6 INTs 7 Fumbles 8-5 RECORD with 1 playoff win

Fitz: 16 games 24 TDs 23 INTs 5 Fumbles 4-12 RECORD

End of Story. Tebow has not really had his chance yet. This year is only Tebows 3rd in the NFL. Some team will give him a Chance to start next year. Tebow chose the Jets because he knew Sanchez sucked & Rex LIED to him & told him he would get a chance to play in NY.

k-oneputt
12-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Honest answer? Stay with Fitz.

Vick is even more of a turnover machine at this stage in his career than Fitz and Tebow ain't an NFL QB.

Jeezzuz. This answered my question.

You would rather stay with Fitz then Vick ??

The King
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Stats guy, like Bledsoe. Clutch time = Epic Fail

Bledsoe had 24 4th quarter comebacks and 31 game winning drives. The game got too fast for him but he was productive a lot longer than Palmer.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Jeezzuz. This answered my question.

You would rather stay with Fitz then Vick ??

Did you watch Vick play at all this year?

9 INTs in 9 games and 10 fumbles.

Lower QB rating and lower completion percentage than Fitz.

You know how many turnovers Vick would have in this offense the way it's gameplanned? Healthy and he'd set the NFL record for INTs in a season.

Ed
12-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Last year:

End of Story. Tebow has not really had his chance yet. This year is only Tebows 3rd in the NFL. Some team will give him a Chance to start next year. Tebow chose the Jets because he knew Sanchez sucked & Rex LIED to him & told him he would get a chance to play in NY.
Once again, if his numbers and 2011 season were so great, why didn't a single team want him to be their starting qb? What's he done this year to change anyone's mind?

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
And on Tebow, if we wanted to run the wild cat triple option offense, we could already do that with Brad Smith.

I'm sure Brad Smith could complete 46% of his passes in a season.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
[/LEFT]

To be fair, Cassel was a 7th round pick who didn't even start in college. Even getting that one good season each in New England and KC is a whole lot better than he was expected to do.

I don't know where you're getting that from. I don't get the cynical manipulator vibe from him at all.

it's my feeling that tebow is that guy like flutie that gets the people on his side but then rabble rouses in a passive manner. SO he gets to say, "i'm a hard worker, i'll do what is asked." but then he does some jesus poses and gets his base all fired up and do his bidding for him.

Granted, i think Tebow got absolutely hosed the second the jets offered the trade. everyone knew it and everyone knew this was how it was going to playout.

I'm fine with tebow being the gadget QB. bbut i want a real starter and i want a real back up. i don't want to have the bills have a first round guy go down and then turn to tebow. i'd want another capable qb who can run an offense for 100 yards of the field. Tebow would have to come in simply as the redzone option.

and we'd have to get rid of brad smith. and i am not willing to spend a draft pick or pick up his old contract.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Last year:

and who had a top 5 defense and who had the bottom 5 defense?? The bills routinely threw the ball from being behind or by gailey's preference. The broncos knew tebow blew as a qb and tries to keep it very simple. and like i said before, he is so wildly inaccurate, he's not even in the ball park for INT's on out routes. they go deep into the sidelines.

this isn't defense of fitz...its to say fitz sucks and tebow is worse.

better days
12-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Once again, if his numbers and 2011 season were so great, why didn't a single team want him to be their starting qb? What's he done this year to change anyone's mind?

Both the Jets & Jags made denver an offer to trade for Tebow. Tebow chose the Jets I believe because he knew Sanchez sucked & Rex lied to him about his opportunity there.

He will be in his 4th year next year, he is still young. More & more teams are using the read option which is the perfect offense for Tebow. Chip Kelly is rumored to be headed to the NFL next year & Tebow would be the perfect QB for his system.

better days
12-20-2012, 01:15 PM
and who had a top 5 defense and who had the bottom 5 defense?? The bills routinely threw the ball from being behind or by gailey's preference. The broncos knew tebow blew as a qb and tries to keep it very simple. and like i said before, he is so wildly inaccurate, he's not even in the ball park for INT's on out routes. they go deep into the sidelines.

this isn't defense of fitz...its to say fitz sucks and tebow is worse.

MANY balls were dropped by his WRs in Denver. I watched all their games. I doubt you saw more than one or two of the Bronco games last year, you don't know what you are talking about.

We will see what happens this offseason, I would bet on Tebow starting for some team in the NFL next year.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
MANY balls were dropped by his WRs in Denver. I watched all their games. I doubt you saw more than one or two of the Bronco games last year, you don't know what you are talking about.

We will see what happens this offseason, I would bet on Tebow starting for some team in the NFL next year.

Which team, besides us, would possibly even entertain the thought of starting Tebow?

Serious question.

better days
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Which team, besides us, would possibly even entertain the thought of starting Tebow?

Serious question.

Whatever team hires Chip Kelly, Browns, Jags, Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders

Ed
12-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Both the Jets & Jags made denver an offer to trade for Tebow. Tebow chose the Jets I believe because he knew Sanchez sucked & Rex lied to him about his opportunity there.

He will be in his 4th year next year, he is still young. More & more teams are using the read option which is the perfect offense for Tebow. Chip Kelly is rumored to be headed to the NFL next year & Tebow would be the perfect QB for his system.
Yeah, only two teams made offers and he didn't choose the Jags because he knew the coaching staff didn't actually want him. And he went to the Jets knowing he wouldn't be given the opportunity to compete for the starting job. So not one team wanted Tim Tebow to be their starting qb.

justasportsfan
12-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Tebow would be a great way for Russ to make us forget we still have Gailey.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 02:47 PM

i'll gladly take that bet. he won't be week 1 starter for any team in the NFL.

i watched several bronco games. and in the games he "supposedly won" the games for them, he was wildly erratic with his passes. his overtime win was one pass that was high and then the receiver did rest of the work. starting that game, he was awful, missing wide open receivers.

but whatever, you like him for whatever reason, and i can respect that. i just don't want another lost year on a guy i know won't be able to take 90% of the snaps and provide any meaningful upgrade in the Bills.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
better days, out of curiousity (and you don't have to answer), do you share tebow's religious view points?

I only ask because the people who support him want to see him do well because there is a level of identification with him. and admittedly, there are a large chunk of people who want to see him fail because of those view points. I fall under the latter, but i have rooted for other religious people. i'd be happy if the bills took a late round flyer on Collin Klein who seems like a better version of tebow (winner, determined when odds are stacked against him). But when i look at tebow as a passer, he just frustrates me to no end. it's laughable how far behind he is of fitz and we all admit fitz sucks.

so i think it's a fair question to know if you share the tebow viewpoint.

better days
12-20-2012, 03:19 PM
better days, out of curiousity (and you don't have to answer), do you share tebow's religious view points?

I only ask because the people who support him want to see him do well because there is a level of identification with him. and admittedly, there are a large chunk of people who want to see him fail because of those view points. I fall under the latter, but i have rooted for other religious people. i'd be happy if the bills took a late round flyer on Collin Klein who seems like a better version of tebow (winner, determined when odds are stacked against him). But when i look at tebow as a passer, he just frustrates me to no end. it's laughable how far behind he is of fitz and we all admit fitz sucks.

so i think it's a fair question to know if you share the tebow viewpoint.

Religion plays no part in my liking Tebow. Unless it is the religion of Football, I am a HUGE Gator fan. When you say Tebow is behind Fitz as a QB, you are forgetting Fitz has played 8 or 9 years to Tebows 3. I think by the time Tebow is in year 5 or 6 he will be FAR ahead of Fitz.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
i don't see that. i think tebow will be chased from the league before then because fitz is a good soldier..people just seem to like him even when they know he isn't particularly good. Tebow has his legion of fans, but the same number of detractors. and its like that in the locker room. remember when he first came into nfl and tebowing was popular. There were players who were talking against why he gets credited for his faith above theirs. highly religious players were irritated. so i can only imagine that after another lame season next year and he needs to get a new contract, there are going to be players wondering why this guy is getting another shot when their buddy who just got cut was servicable.

To me, there is just too much risk for such little upside.

better days
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
i'll gladly take that bet. he won't be week 1 starter for any team in the NFL.

i watched several bronco games. and in the games he "supposedly won" the games for them, he was wildly erratic with his passes. his overtime win was one pass that was high and then the receiver did rest of the work. starting that game, he was awful, missing wide open receivers.

but whatever, you like him for whatever reason, and i can respect that. i just don't want another lost year on a guy i know won't be able to take 90% of the snaps and provide any meaningful upgrade in the Bills.

Well, I disagree about that TD, it was a beautiful pass & the WR did not have to stretch for it, it came down right in his arms & he caught it in full stride. If only Fitz could throw like that. The Bills have a good running game & with an improved defense, I think the Bills could win a lot of games with Tebow at QB. I doubt there is a QB in this draft better than Tebow.

better days
12-20-2012, 03:28 PM
i don't see that. i think tebow will be chased from the league before then because fitz is a good soldier..people just seem to like him even when they know he isn't particularly good. Tebow has his legion of fans, but the same number of detractors. and its like that in the locker room. remember when he first came into nfl and tebowing was popular. There were players who were talking against why he gets credited for his faith above theirs. highly religious players were irritated. so i can only imagine that after another lame season next year and he needs to get a new contract, there are going to be players wondering why this guy is getting another shot when their buddy who just got cut was servicable.

To me, there is just too much risk for such little upside.

Everyone that has been on his team has called Tebow a great teammate & McElroy just did.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Religion plays no part in my liking Tebow. Unless it is the religion of Football, I am a HUGE Gator fan. When you say Tebow is behind Fitz as a QB, you are forgetting Fitz has played 8 or 9 years to Tebows 3. I think by the time Tebow is in year 5 or 6 he will be FAR ahead of Fitz.

And I think Fitz will still be in the league in some capacity after Tebow is long gone.

Your examples before...Chip Kelly won't leave college. Romeo Crennel won't run the type of offense that Tebow needs and he's had enough erratic scatterbrain QBs since he's been a head coach around the league. Cleveland just drafted Weeden and Tebow wouldn't beat him out. The Jags obviously had no plans on naming Tebow the starter, since he didn't go there, what's gonna change now? The Cardinals just got burnt recently trading for an erratic mobile QB...the Raiders no longer have Al Davis.

The only place where Tebow would somewhat fit as a starting QB would be here, Washington and Seattle. I have a better chance at being an NFL QB than Tebow does going to Washington or Seattle and starting for obvious reasons. Here, he's only a fit as long as we have Gailey and his college pistol/spread offensive philosophy.

So Tebow's options for being a starter QB in this league to say are limited is an understatement. If he's getting pissy over having to play second fiddle to Sanchez and McElroy, how's he gonna feel backing up a real QB? He obviously won't. And that'll pretty much spell the end of his career as an NFL player.

In 3 years he'll be an afterthought to the NFL and won't even have as much impact as former Gator Rex Grossman had. He was terrible too yet still better than Tebow.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Everyone that has been on his team has called Tebow a great teammate & McElroy just did.

Brandon Lloyd forced his way out of Denver because of Tebow. Or are you just conveniently forgetting that? Champ Bailey was pissed off last year that the emphasis was Tebow even though it was Denver's defense that was winning games. Forget that too?

Mike13
12-20-2012, 04:14 PM
1) NYJ is already proected to be $20 Million over the cap without eating Sanchez's contract.

2) No one is stupid enough to trade for Sanchez.

trapezeus
12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
1) NYJ is already proected to be $20 Million over the cap without eating Sanchez's contract.

2) No one is stupid enough to trade for Sanchez.

though i read an article that some team could have the jets pay part or all of sanchez' contract if they really think simply having him is too much of a headache. So if you are ateam who needs a back up and doesn't want to pay cash for it but willing to take 8mm in an accounting charge for two years...you'd trade maybe a 6th rounder and the agreement that you don't pay for his contract.

and the funny thing is that a team would be interested to keep sanchez simply to screw the jets over. you could probably even word the trade that if you cut sanchez, you want a compensation pick to make up for the cap hit. so you might just get your 6th rounder back and have had put a qb on the roster.

something creative will come up to take sanchez off the books of the jets. the jets will pay for it if kris jenkin's story of sanchez being pampered and too difficult to work with as a back up is true.

better days
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
And I think Fitz will still be in the league in some capacity after Tebow is long gone.

Your examples before...Chip Kelly won't leave college. Romeo Crennel won't run the type of offense that Tebow needs and he's had enough erratic scatterbrain QBs since he's been a head coach around the league. Cleveland just drafted Weeden and Tebow wouldn't beat him out. The Jags obviously had no plans on naming Tebow the starter, since he didn't go there, what's gonna change now? The Cardinals just got burnt recently trading for an erratic mobile QB...the Raiders no longer have Al Davis.

The only place where Tebow would somewhat fit as a starting QB would be here, Washington and Seattle. I have a better chance at being an NFL QB than Tebow does going to Washington or Seattle and starting for obvious reasons. Here, he's only a fit as long as we have Gailey and his college pistol/spread offensive philosophy.

So Tebow's options for being a starter QB in this league to say are limited is an understatement. If he's getting pissy over having to play second fiddle to Sanchez and McElroy, how's he gonna feel backing up a real QB? He obviously won't. And that'll pretty much spell the end of his career as an NFL player.

In 3 years he'll be an afterthought to the NFL and won't even have as much impact as former Gator Rex Grossman had. He was terrible too yet still better than Tebow.

Well, like I said, we will see how it plays out. As far as Weeden goes, I don't think the Browns won one game they would not have won with McCoy at QB. After Tebow, the most screwed over player in the NFL this year.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Sanchez is going nowhere and Tebow will go to the CFL or the Arena League.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I would love to see Tebow in Buffalo.

you Tebow Lickers crack me up....

The Jokeman
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Vick would be the lesser of two evils in part because of age, it would cause us to look for a younger QB sooner, and at least shown he's worth starting as an NFL QB.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-20-2012, 06:45 PM

Have they even used him there? As far as I can tell he's had less than 50 snaps this season on offense.

Agreed. The Pac-12 hasn't been known as a defensive powerhouse. They tend to make QB's looks better then they are.

The Pac 12 has been a fantastic producer of QB talent. People get hung up on USC's busts and Ryan Leaf, but there's been a ton of talent out of there. Rodgers and Luck are the most recent high-profile examples.

it's my feeling that tebow is that guy like flutie that gets the people on his side but then rabble rouses in a passive manner. SO he gets to say, "i'm a hard worker, i'll do what is asked." but then he does some jesus poses and gets his base all fired up and do his bidding for him.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I'm fine with tebow being the gadget QB. bbut i want a real starter and i want a real back up. i don't want to have the bills have a first round guy go down and then turn to tebow. i'd want another capable qb who can run an offense for 100 yards of the field. Tebow would have to come in simply as the redzone option.

I absolutely agree. The way I see it, an ideal QB depth chart is 1) Franchise QB or grooming franchise QB, 2) Veteran backup, 3) Longshot project QB. Tebow would fall squarely in the #3 category there, along with his use as a redzone rusher.

and we'd have to get rid of brad smith. and i am not willing to spend a draft pick or pick up his old contract.

Maybe the Jets will take him back, straight up.

Brandon Lloyd forced his way out of Denver because of Tebow. Or are you just conveniently forgetting that? Champ Bailey was pissed off last year that the emphasis was Tebow even though it was Denver's defense that was winning games. Forget that too?

Brandon Lloyd is a whiny biatch with one excellent season to his name. And Bailey's complaint was with the media, not Tebow.

LtFinFan66
12-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Tebow is finally becoming a baby & breaking that humble go lucky boy image.
How exactly is he becoming a baby? He clearly got misinformation from the Jets. And I am NOT a fan of his in any way

Jeff1220
12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
This thread makes me embarrassed to be human.

better days
12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Vick would be the lesser of two evils in part because of age, it would cause us to look for a younger QB sooner, and at least shown he's worth starting as an NFL QB.

Do you really think Vick has the same skill set he had when he signed with the Eagles? He is older & been often injured since his one good year there.

Cleve
12-21-2012, 05:57 AM
So the dog-killer is going to the Jets? Awesome - now I can dislike the Jets even more.