PDA

View Full Version : County, state and Bills exploring options for a new stadium down the road

Skooby
12-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Just watching Skurski's blog & they announced that:

the County, state and Bills exploring options for a new stadium down the road if that's financially feasible.

That's great news that someone is looking ahead for a viable solution to the long-term issues.

This deal also Prepares for the future of a new stadium to be built in Western New York.

Skooby
12-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Brandon GUARANTEES the Bills will be in Buffalo for decades to come.

Bills can buy out the last 3 years at a $28 million cost.

Poloncarz says the Bills could have left last year for $2 million. Says the team is committed. (WOW)

Brandon says the team has stayed viable through regionalization.

Mr. Miyagi
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Says the team is committed. (WOW)
Certainly we're committed to losing.

Skooby
12-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Renovations are all about fan experience...bathrooms, scoreboards, concessions, and west entrance plaza

OpIv37
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
There will be a new stadium before the next lease.

They are not committing to the Ralph at all. They are just spending enough to make it usable for the next 7 years, probably to buy time to work out a new stadium.

Skooby
12-21-2012, 10:42 AM
There will be a new stadium before the next lease.

They are not committing to the Ralph at all. They are just spending enough to make it usable for the next 7 years, probably to buy time to work out a new stadium.

It should take about 1.5 / 2 years to build a new one plus a year or so of engineering, so that gives them about 4 years to get it right.

coastal
12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Stadium overlooking gorge.

the annual cliff-diving suicides into the Whirlpool after we miss the playoffs would be a site to behold.

Ed
12-21-2012, 10:47 AM
It should take about 1.5 / 2 years to build a new one plus a year or so of engineering, so that gives them about 4 years to get it right.
I would say at least a few years for all the engineering and infrastructure issues depending on where they would want to build it.

Skooby
12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I would say at least a few years for all the engineering and infrastructure issues depending on where they would want to build it.

Stadium plans need to involve the waterfront somewhere in WNY, that's the ticket to utilizing the beauty of the area & draw people into potentially moving there.

trapezeus
12-21-2012, 10:58 AM
i'm actually guessing that the $130MM to renovate is the nice way of saying "we are spending to keep this from collapsing on itself."

I'm with you all...the low number suggests a stadium deal may be in the works. i hope local officials don't bungle this again. the region needs a unified, best efforts/best execution on a large project. a stadium downtown is that project.

Ed
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Stadium plans need to involve the waterfront somewhere in WNY, that's the ticket to utilizing the beauty of the area & draw people into potentially moving there.
I agree, but that makes things more complicated too and will require a lot of work.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2012, 11:03 AM
BEST NEWS POSSIBLE!!!

Skooby
12-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I agree, but that makes things more complicated too and will require a lot of work.

Anything good that happens comes with the work you put into it, it just makes so much sense now that we have basically 7 years to get it all straight. If a new stadium is built, the team will be an easier sale as a package to stay in town versus an aged crumbling stadium. NFL team + New stadium + Fan support = WNY has a NFL team for a real long time.

OpIv37
12-21-2012, 11:15 AM
well they actually have more than that.

I think in an ideal world, it would go like this: The Bills play at the Ralph for 7 years. At the 7 year mark, a new stadium is agreed upon. They play out the existing 10 year lease, giving them three years to engineer and build the new stadium.

Will it happen like that? I have no idea. But it seems like the new lease is structured like it is to allow that to happen if both sides can agree.

Michael82
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Renovations are all about fan experience...bathrooms, scoreboards, concessions, and west entrance plaza

Did I read that right? Did that say scoreboards? If so, it's about time. We really need two scoreboards badly.

The Jokeman
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm scary when I hear them say in WNY and not Buffalo. Why because some define Western NY as Rochester which is close enough but it's still not Buffalo. Also one of the biggest mistakes of the Ralph (outside of never putting up the dome as was supposed to happen) was it was put in Orchard Park which again not the city. It be great if they could put a doomed stadium somewhere downtown but parking would be a major issue.

better days
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm scary when I hear them say in WNY and not Buffalo. Why because some define Western NY as Rochester which is close enough but it's still not Buffalo. Also one of the biggest mistakes of the Ralph (outside of never putting up the dome as was supposed to happen) was it was put in Orchard Park which again not the city. It be great if they could put a doomed stadium somewhere downtown but parking would be a major issue.

Midpoint between Rochester & Buffalo would be the best location for a new Stadium. Boston is bigger than Buffalo, but they built a Stadium MILES away from Boston to regionalize that team. Midpoint between Buffalo & Rochester would be much closer to Buffalo than Foxboro is to Boston.

Extremebillsfan247
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, that should keep the "Bills to L.A.", threads quiet for awhile. lol

Joe Fo Sho
12-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Midpoint between Rochester & Buffalo would be the best location for a new Stadium. Boston is bigger than Buffalo, but they built a Stadium MILES away from Boston to regionalize that team. Midpoint between Buffalo & Rochester would be much closer to Buffalo than Foxboro is to Boston.

I would love a stadium in between Rochester and Buffalo.

Michael82
12-21-2012, 05:51 PM

I could still see the Bills next stadium being in downtown Nigara Falls to help reinvigorate that area. They have a ton of empty land there. It makes sense.

Michael82
12-21-2012, 05:53 PM

So....put a stadium in Batavia near the Thruway? Is that what you mean?

Night Train
12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm exploring the possibility of becoming a millionaire tomorrow. All I need are 6 lucky numbers.

It's baseless happy talk right now. The area needs an economic jolt in business to justify it. Putting the cart before the horse.

Skooby
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm exploring the possibility of becoming a millionaire tomorrow. All I need are 6 lucky numbers.

It's baseless happy talk right now. The area needs an economic jolt in business to justify it. Putting the cart before the horse.

What about the collection industry ?

better days
12-21-2012, 10:53 PM
So....put a stadium in Batavia near the Thruway? Is that what you mean?

Yes, something like that. & it does not have to be that near the Thruway, roads can be built & existing roads widened, they do it in Florida all the time.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I could still see the Bills next stadium being in downtown Nigara Falls to help reinvigorate that area. They have a ton of empty land there. It makes sense.

I also think NF would be a solid place, using the falls to attract people to the games. May also force NF to clean up(which is the biggest reason it wouldnt happen in NF).

Yasgur's Farm
12-22-2012, 03:45 PM
NF does nothing for attracting and keeping fans from the east (Rochester, Syracuse). Yes... It would be a bit more convenient for the Canadian fans, it seems to me like there's way more potential fans to the east.