PDA

View Full Version : Why is reaching across the goal line not considered a TD/second act anymore?

zone
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Happened to Stevie in our game and now Jones in the Baltimore game.

Not that is matters but the game today was one of the worst officiated games of the year.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Wish i could comment but i dint watch a single snap of this game today and proud of it.

Joe Fo Sho
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
For both of those plays, the receiver was going to the ground during the act of the catch. By rule, you have to maintain possession all the way to the ground. Neither player did.

Fixxxer
12-23-2012, 05:02 PM
The Megatron rule, you have to finish the catch movement without losing control of the ball. The ground can cause an incompletion in this case.

Thurmal
12-23-2012, 05:10 PM
That was unreal...catches the pass, two full steps in the field of play, ball crosses the plane by four yards...incomplete.

RedEyE
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Yet when Dickerson does this later its a fumble. Double standard.

EricStratton
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
That was unreal...catches the pass, two full steps in the field of play, ball crosses the plane by four yards...incomplete.

That's the biggest issue I had. Stevie took two full steps from about the 4 yard line before falling to the ground. I don't know what else is needed in that case.

Skooby
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
That's the biggest issue I had. Stevie took two full steps from about the 4 yard line before falling to the ground. I don't know what else is needed in that case.

Control of the ball, the rule is clear & Stevie lost it on the way to the ground. If he lost control going out of bounds anywhere on the field, is it a catch? No. So how is he supposed to advance the ball losing it on catching it towards the endzone? If we're running the ball & it crosses the goal line, the initial way the possession happened supercedes following through on the fall.

Throne Logic
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
It was really hard to see clearly thought that cam-corder feed CBS had going to DirecTV, but it sure looked like he had control and established control on his way across the goal line. I was more pissed at the lack of challenge/review.

Vampire Baby
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Stevie just sucks straight up. He blew today Bills fans ..... Haha

Vampire Baby
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
It was really hard to see clearly thought that cam-corder feed CBS had going to DirecTV, but it sure looked like he had control and established control on his way across the goal line. I was more pissed at the lack of challenge/review.

Learn the god damn rules if you watch football. He has to have possession.
He didn't

Vampire Baby
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
My favorite part of the day was watching Reggie Bush put the football on the pylon for a TD. That had to drive you Bills fans crazy.

Skooby
12-24-2012, 01:05 AM
My favorite part of the day was watching Reggie Bush put the football on the pylon for a TD. That had to drive you Bills fans crazy.

It did, until Miami got eliminated & our draft spot was locked higher.

JoeMama
12-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Wish i could comment but i dint watch a single snap of this game today and proud of it.

Good for you.

For the first time in like 17 years, I refused to watch the Bills game.

I did some P90X, caught a movie, and kicked it at a coffee shop. Topped it off with some Wii Golf.

I couldn't believe it. There is life beyond the Bills on Sundays. And it's good.

kishoph
12-24-2012, 02:24 AM

He caught the ball at the 4, took 3 steps (the same amount as his fumble), having control all the way thru, until the ball hit the turf, then popped out. The Calvin Johnson catch, he got 2 feet down, then fell and the ball came out, again after hitting the turf. You can't compare the 2 catches, other than I think they both should of been ruled TD's. The rule says you have to make a second "football move" I think taking 3 steps should be considered as a 2nd move.

Catch at the 4 yd. line.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/SJrippedoff2.jpg

Ball comes out almost 3 yds. deep into the endzone, after it hits the turf.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/SJR2f.jpg

Mr. Pink
12-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately by the rules, Stevie was called correctly. Dickerson on the other hand, was not.

Dunno if Gailey challenged Dickersons...can't remember.

gebobs
12-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Big deal. So the Bills lose by 10 instead of 14.

zone
12-24-2012, 07:51 AM
He clearly possessed the ball while outside the end zone. Once the nose of the ball crosses the plane it's a TD, whatever happens after that (ball coming loose on after hitting the ground) is irrelevant.

YardRat
12-24-2012, 08:16 AM
If we wouldn't have stretched out and dove he would have scored anyway. Still, bad call, should have been a TD.