PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible....

BidsJr
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Now that Ralph has an ironclad 7 year agreement he has decided now is the time to sell, Thurman has found out about it, Galisano or Pagula are in line and "It's on"? :beer::beer:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
No, Thurman just wants attention. We want to dream.

YardRat
12-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Not impossible, but very highly unlikely.

Skooby
12-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Thurman's 12 illegimate children aren't giving him enough attention.

BidsJr
12-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Bump. I think it is possible. Add in the huge tax incentive to have this deal closed by 1/1/13, and a chance for Bills fans to honor Ralph next season before he passes on......... Maybe the smoke is.... Nah.

Crisis
12-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Pegula owning the Bills and Sabres is a wet dream.

OLDSRIP
12-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Bump. I think it is possible. Add in the huge tax incentive to have this deal closed by 1/1/13, and a chance for Bills fans to honor Ralph next season before he passes on......... Maybe the smoke is.... Nah.

Thats what I hope is happening.
from what I understand, selling in this tax period will profit Mr. Wilson.
the tax difference will be at least 20 percent. Thats a lot of money.

don137
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I really do not see it happening. Ralph's estate would be taxed twice if he sold now instead of once which would happen if the estate sells after he dies. If he sold now he would have to pay a capital gains tax on his profit of the team. Then when Ralph dies the estate would be taxed again on the inheritance tax. If he waits until he dies for the estate to sell the team they would just pay the inheritance tax and their would be no capital gains tax.

YardRat
12-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Thats what I hope is happening.
from what I understand, selling in this tax period will profit Mr. Wilson.
the tax difference will be at least 20 percent. Thats a lot of money.

I really do not see it happening. Ralph's estate would be taxed twice if he sold now instead of once which would happen if the estate sells after he dies. If he sold now he would have to pay a capital gains tax on his profit of the team. Then when Ralph dies the estate would be taxed again on the inheritance tax. If he waits until he dies for the estate to sell the team they would just pay the inheritance tax and their would be no capital gains tax.

Yeah, I'd like to see some details on the alleged tax advantage to consummating a deal prior to the end of this year...I'm not buying it.

BidsJr
12-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see some details on the alleged tax advantage to consummating a deal prior to the end of this year...I'm not buying it.

At this point every person who earns a dollar has an incentive to earn it tis year vs next year. In addition to massive income tax hikes across the board, capital gains tax rates are going up, inheritance tax rates and estate tax rates are all going up.

ParanoidAndroid
12-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Thurman's 12 illegimate children aren't giving him enough attention.

I think we need to change the use of the term "illegitimate" to refer to the father instead of the children. Why give the child such a negative label when it is none of their fault?

OLDSRIP
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM

I am just going by some things I have been reading. What Don said seems logical.
I sure hope it's being sold now. I think that is our best hope as fans for a winner.
only time will tell.

Extremebillsfan247
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Mr. Wilson expects to live into his 100's. As long as he is alive, he will remain the Owner of this franchise. So, the answer to the question is it's highly unlikely.

YardRat
12-29-2012, 07:28 PM
At this point every person who earns a dollar has an incentive to earn it tis year vs next year. In addition to massive income tax hikes across the board, capital gains tax rates are going up, inheritance tax rates and estate tax rates are all going up.

So the qualifier is, as with us all, that the incentive to sell now is based on the impending fiscal cliff.

BidsJr
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
So the qualifier is, as with us all, that the incentive to sell now is based on the impending fiscal cliff.

Except the position that he is in with the income he makes and net worth that he has...... He is the LEAST likely of all of us to have anything beneficial happen on Jan 1st with the current President, and he knows it.