X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

RUMOR - Gruden in Buffalo

Will Gioia@willgioia36 @incarceratedbob got anything on the Bills?? rumor has it that Gruden is eating dinner with Russ Brandon
    Expand

1h Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob
    @willgioia36 Working on Bills rumors -- will update when i get good info

Hide conversation
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: RUMOR - Gruden in Buffalo

Bite you're own schlong, that's more accurate than this crap.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Same was said about Mario Williams coming to Buffalo. Could be what the Thurman tweet was about. Bills are probably already looking at coaches.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

I would love it.

But, no way in hell this is true.

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
          Same was said about Mario Williams coming to Buffalo. Could be what the Thurman tweet was about. Bills are probably already looking at coaches.
          What was said about Mario? I remember within 10 minutes of FA starting Schefter reported he was on a plane on his way to Buffalo. I hope I'm wrong I just don't see it.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Probably doubtful, but if this is true, this is a great sign that Gruden is meeting with Brandon. As it would mean Nix and Gailey are gone. But why Brandon is running the role of GM again?
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Slim View Post
              What was said about Mario? I remember within 10 minutes of FA starting Schefter reported he was on a plane on his way to Buffalo. I hope I'm wrong I just don't see it.
              All of the genius arm chair GMs said there's no way Mario is coming to Buffalo, blah blah blah.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, once he was here, it was.....No way Mario is signing here, blah blah blah.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

If Gruden does come here as the next HC we will be drafting at least 1 QB in April. Guy loves young QBs.

I'd be extremely surprised if he ends up back in coaching period let alone here in Buffalo.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

There would be no reason for Brandon to be the one meeting him unless both Nix and Gailey are gone and seeing as it is Christmas, I could see the Bills making the move post-season with just one game left.

Still smells funny because I think Incarcerated Bob is just as credible as a rambling hobo on bath salts.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                    All of the genius arm chair GMs said there's no way Mario is coming to Buffalo, blah blah blah.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, once he was here, it was.....No way Mario is signing here, blah blah blah.
                    Maybe they said he was never signing in Buffalo..

There is no parallel between Mario and Gruden. Mario rumors didn't really start until he was on a plane to Buffalo. Nobody has a clue where Gruden is besides some Twitter rumor that says he's at Tempo with Russ.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong. I would love Gruden in Buffalo.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

That being said, during the first Monday Night Football broadcast of the season, Gruden mentioned Buffalo in his list of potential teams were he to look into coaching again but said he'd finish out his year with ESPN. I am almost certain.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin View Post
                        There would be no reason for Brandon to be the one meeting him unless both Nix and Gailey are gone and seeing as it is Christmas, I could see the Bills making the move post-season with just one game left.

Still smells funny because I think Incarcerated Bob is just as credible as a rambling hobo on bath salts.
                        If the Bills brought in Gruden. They would have to offer him substantial front office control. Which would likely lead Nix out the door.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, during the first Monday Night Football broadcast of the season, Gruden mentioned Buffalo in his list of potential teams were he to look into coaching again but said he'd finish out his year with ESPN. I am almost certain.
                        This never happened. I saw this thread at BBMB. It's 5 pages of people discussing something that nobody ever confirmed.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Demon View Post
                          Probably doubtful, but if this is true, this is a great sign that Gruden is meeting with Brandon. As it would mean Nix and Gailey are gone. But why Brandon is running the role of GM again?
                          Three years ago, it was Brandon that flew out to Denver to make the pitch and presentation to Shanahan. He is the CEO of the Bills. He outranks Buddy and if any of this is true, I think Buddy is going to be fired too.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

If the Bills brought in Gruden I'd finally make it back to Buffalo for a bills game.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Yupp, he mentioned San Diego, Minnesota, and Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                              X