What impact player will we lose out on when we beat the Jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

What impact player will we lose out on when we beat the Jets?

With the Jets starting McElroy, who looks like a bigger sack target than Rob Johnson, I can't see the Bills losing to the Jets next week. This means about 5-6 spots in the draft. I'm already envisioning a draft disaster like the ones that a meaningless win cost us Roethlisberger. That meaningless win came when we had a record of 5-7 and we beat the Jets 17-6 at Ralph Wilson Stadium. We ended up 6-10 but Pittsburgh had draft tie breakers & got Roethlisberger while we settled on JP Losman as the QB of the future.

I hope there's some way we lose this game that if you look up the word meaningless in the dictionary all it says is: December 30, 2012 N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo.
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: What impact player will we lose out on when we beat the Jets?

I hope we win just to make all you jerks that think drafting higher is always better miserable.

I hate people that want to lose. You are just losers.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Like Fitz is going to score points on the Jets D. LMAO

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Who's the best CB, LT, RB, or DT available? We'll draft them with whatever pick.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Our front office finally promises to go after a franchise QB in the draft -- and go figure -- it just happens to be the worst year for QB prospects in over a decade.

Lucky us...

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

The draft is all about luck because its a crapshoot. You dont know who is going to translate to the NFL better. So a couple slots difference really wont matter espec with the front office

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

I currently have them at 6th. They win and they go down as far as 11th.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
              I hope we win just to make all you jerks that think drafting higher is always better miserable.

Yeah...such losers for not wanting to win a meaningless game at the end of another stinker season.

Get bent.
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

I don't care about the draft choice at this point.... Now it's about getting rid of gailey and Fitzpatrick
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post

The jerks are the ones who think they are Bills players & not fans and can't tell the difference between being a fan who can look beyond Sunday's game & a player or coach whose job is to try to win.
                  Hey pal-You're not on the team-you can look beyond Sunday.
                  When we get the next Losman instead of the next Roethlisberger, you're damn right I'll be miserable & so will you.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Te'o.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                      The draft is all about luck because its a crapshoot. You dont know who is going to translate to the NFL better. So a couple slots difference really wont matter espec with the front office
                      1 meaningless win, one slot away from, Von Miller, Patrick Willis, Michael Crabtree, Jerod Mayo, Big Ben, Jonathon Vilma, Vince Wolfolk, Vernon Davis.

But you are also right in a way, the Bills still could have still picked AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Jason Pierre Paul, Orakpo, Cushings, Mack,,Clay Matthews, Ryan Clady, DRC, Revis,Ngata, etc...
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-24-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        I currently have them at 6th. They win and they go down as far as 11th.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...such losers for not wanting to win a meaningless game at the end of another stinker season.

Get bent.
                        That would be a very meaningful win,. Like you said it would drop us from a potential Top 5 pick if Oak,Phil,Det happen to win, to outside the top 10. I'd rather have a meaningful loss.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                          This isn't true.

The draft is not an exact science. But there are some teams that consistently get it right and some that consistently get it wrong. Translation: there are people out there who understand it and, while they're not 100%, they do a LOT better at drafting than other people.

I do agree with your last point though: It really doesn't matter with this FO. Whether we pick 1st or 32nd, they'll find a way to screw it up. McGee is probably gonna retire and McKelvin may or may not be re-signed, so expect a CB early.... for the 28th year in a row....
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            This isn't true.

The draft is not an exact science. But there are some teams that consistently get it right and some that consistently get it wrong. Translation: there are people out there who understand it and, while they're not 100%, they do a LOT better at drafting than other people.

I do agree with your last point though: It really doesn't matter with this FO. Whether we pick 1st or 32nd, they'll find a way to screw it up. McGee is probably gonna retire and McKelvin may or may not be re-signed, so expect a CB early.... for the 28th year in a row....
                            I would agree with you if McGee/McKelvin were starting but since they aren't I will instead go with something I just posted in another thread watch and see we let Levitre walk as an UFA and then draft someone like Chance Warmack with our top pick. Though what this team has failed to do is find guys in later rounds that have stepped up.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              I would agree with you if McGee/McKelvin were starting but since they aren't I will instead go with something I just posted in another thread watch and see we let Levitre walk as an UFA and then draft someone like Chance Warmack with our top pick. Though what this team has failed to do is find guys in later rounds that have stepped up.
                              So, basically, it's likely that we are going to let one of our few good draft picks walk after his rookie contract so we have to draft his replacement, meaning we can't use that draft pick on QB, LB, #2 WR, TE or any of the immediate needs we have. May the self-perpetuating rebuilding cycle continue!
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X