PDA

View Full Version : You just took the Bills HC job

Cali512
12-23-2012, 11:21 PM
What offense do you run?
What defense do you run?
Who do you target in the draft?
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team?
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC?
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom?

YardRat
12-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Not Chan's.
Stick with the 43 base.
Te'o and a QB in the second.
Whatever leads to wins.
Depends on who the HC is.
Yes.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-24-2012, 08:45 AM
What offense do you run? run heavy proset. We have two decent RBs a good te and a decent WR but our qb is **** for arm, and when healthy a relatively good o line, so we are going to be running the ball a lot, and the qb is going to be asked to set up the occassional pass.
What defense do you run? 4-3 but we are getting some LBs
Who do you target in the draft? that Notre Dame LB and a QB
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? I love Marty Ball, you tell me
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? Crennel and Weis (awful HCs but good Coordinators)
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? No

DynaPaul
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
What offense do you run?
What defense do you run?

Run Based offense since that's where our strength is right now.
Stay with the 4-3 and modified versions of it until we can beef up the LB corps.
The first round will have to be either the best LB or QB on the board depending on value. After those needs are filled look for a WR, TE, and more linemen. It's never a bad deal to get more linemen on both sides. (Unless they're named Mike Williams.)
60% run, 40% pass.
That question has way too many possibilities depending on who the coach is and who is available.
No, with a new coach I want everyone disciplined and called out on their screw up.s

lightningbolt444
12-24-2012, 01:52 PM
What offense do you run?- I still run a spread however I run a bit more. Keep the screens a big part of the game but make sure they are not overused, Also get a qb in here that can sell the PA pass. However I would still like to see more snaps under center as well

What defense do you run? I stay with the 4-3 however I become much more aggressive with blitzing make he cbs prove they can play.

Who do you target in the draft? I take a LB and a QB both in round 1 as I would move up back into the round to get the guys I wanted. I think I would target Geno with my first pick and then move back up for the best LB on the board

Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? It depends on the opponent however I would always favor the run. 55-45 in a perfect world

I would have to wait to see the firings that are coming up to comment on this.

Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? Yes however I also keep him on a short leash if he takes plays off or continues to have awful body language he sits. That goes for anyone on my team I dont care who you are. Play 100% of the time or dont play at all.

DraftBoy
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
What offense do you run?
What defense do you run?

1. Power Running
2. 3-4
3. QB, WR, TE, OT, OG, OC, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB, and SS
4. 60:40 Run:Pass
5. No

Beebe
12-24-2012, 02:47 PM
What offense do you run?
What defense do you run?

Hire DAVID SHAW he just got and ex. but money talks
offense what ever he wants
defense 43
draft Te'o and get Tyler Bray VOLS
OC NORV TURNER
DC MIKE PETTINE HE RUNS BOTH 34 AND 43
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? YES
get a vet at QB

Raptor
12-24-2012, 03:15 PM
step 1: Acquire a franchise QB
Step 2: Look at step one and realize that anything else you do means jack **** until that step is complete

Ingtar33
12-24-2012, 10:03 PM
What offense do you run?
What defense do you run?

1) I'd dial it back a bit. Bring the TE and FB back into the lineup. Run a lot more I formation and a lot less spread. We have the line to make it work.
2) i'd stick with a 4-3, think our defensive line personnel fit it a little better then our LBers fit the 3-4. Play to our strengths, our FS/SS are still cover2 guys... so I'd likely stick to that type of base system till we had/have different personnel.
3) QB first, I'd need to look at the top guys some more, but QB would be the first look unless someone like Rivers suddenly came free. LB second. We need a real middle linebacker bad. Generally you want to build your team from the middle out... that goes on all sides of the ball.
4) if you can manage to run the ball more then throw it you're probably winning more then you're losing (mostly because nothing protects a lead like running the clock...) generally i'd be happy if at the end of any season it looked 50/50.
5) you don't need names so much as you need guys who can work with your personnel and who know and can work your philosophy. Speaking from experience having men on your coaching staff who can do what you need them to do without you needing to be looking over their shoulder every minute to make sure it's being done right is ideal. in football teamwork on your staff is just as important as on the field. Besides, Xs and Os don't mean much if the team isn't executing what you are calling precisely, so what i'd be looking for more then anything are coaches who don't tire of repetition, to get everyone on the same page (one of the biggest failings of this team is this lack of focus).
6) maybe. I think the coaching staff is being a bit lazy. I see a guy who gets open no matter where they put him, he'd be a monster in pretty much any offense you'd use if you had a QB who could get him the ball. Personally i'd like to see him in an offense that could run a credible play action fake to open up the field a bit... i'm sure he'd have a monster season if the run fake was moving safeties off him or clearing the underneath coverage by moving the LBers up...

Generalissimus Gibby
12-24-2012, 10:05 PM
I know I posted earlier, but **** these questions, unless my GM drafts me a good qb, and a LB or two, and gets me a good TE or WR my only question is where is the local liquor store because I'm gonna get smashed before I do anything else.

Fixxxer
12-24-2012, 10:48 PM
What offense do you run?
With a rookie QB that I will start, I will need to use both Fred and Spiller a lot. Both runners are better off without a FB, so I would run a lot out of 3WR sets but with the QB under center, I want the other team guessing every time the QB drops back.

What defense do you run?
We have the horses to run the 4-3 so I will stick to it. I want a tough defense. Ideally I want 3 LBs on the field at all times except on obvious passing downs. I would like the DC to mix it up coverage wise, I don't want to give other teams the same look every single snap.

QB, until I have one I can't compete. First two rounds, best QB available.

Don't care, situation dictates the playcalling, but If I need a yard I want my OL to be able to move their guys.

I'm not educated enough to be throwing names.

The guy is unique in his route running, so I would let him be. I believe an accurate QB could have lots of fun with him

Mike
12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Its a job I would not take, however if I was offered GM position instead thats the route I would go and try to do the following:
* Go After a top coach:John Gruden would be my first choice.

1) Draft or Trade/FA for a QB: I think Rivers is salvageable and I would make getting him a priority. Also Romo might be available. If neither option works out, I would go after one of the QBs in the draft. Moore would also be on my list, but more of a last option. Release Fitz

2) Get a top WR: There are a few good ones in this draft. Also FA will have a few good available WR a position this team needs desperately.

3) Draft: Focus on LBs, CBs, TE and adding depth to other positions.

What offense do you run? Gruden Offense: balanced attack coming out of multiple sets.
What defense do you run? 4-3 Base
Who do you target in the draft? depends on offseason
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? Depends on who I have acquired and who the starting QB is.
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? Top available DC/OC
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? Let it up to coach

Ideal Off Season will look like this:
QB: Rivers
RB: Spiller, Jackson
WR: Bowe, Johnson, Graham
TE: Chandler/Draft Pick
O-Line: same plus depth
D-Line: same plus depth
LBs: preferable draft Te'o , some FA/Draft pick ups for depth
CBs: add via FA/Draft
S: same

- I think this would be a good start for the 1st year of rebuilding. Gruden was able to salvage Rich Gannon's career and turn him into a pro bowl QB and I think he would do same for Rivers. With Rivers, Bowe, Johnson, Spiller, Jackson, Graham the offense will be explosive.

The King
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
What offense do you run? West Coast
What defense do you run? 4-3
Who do you target in the draft? The best play maker in round 1. In round two you look at filling needs.
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? 55 run/45 pass.
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? Who knows who's available. But Whisenhunt and Grimm would be on the list.
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? Yes, but you need to take the pressure off the QB by not having Stevie be the first read.

DraftBoy
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Missed the OC and DC question;

OC-Hue Jackson
DC/Asst Head Coach-Mike Singletary

ServoBillieves
12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
What offense do you run? - Heavy run/play action. Screw the blatantly obvious draw plays and make them fear the run and send TJ on a streak. That's one play, but get a QB with a damn arm and accuracy and that's a scary thought.

What defense do you run? - 43 that knows how to blitz more than 4 down linemen.

Who do you target in the draft? - LB/QB, as stated before. And much to the dismay of others here, a mid round CB. Move Aaron Williams to safety in place of George, who should be given a pink slip.

Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? - Not a fair question, and actually one of Gailey's more intelligent responses. You can't go in to a game and have a percentage planned out. It would be nice to run 100% of the time knowing you're going to run the clock down and have a healthy lead, or trust your defense so much that you can pass freely and constantly run up the score (See: New England Patriots), but play calling is situational. Ideally you would want 55/45 run/pass, but that's not something you can draw up without seeing the game flow.

What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? - Won't pretend I know who the right people are for the job are, but I do know that who we have now are not the answer. I liked DB's mention of Singletary though, I always liked his style and his hard nosed approach to defense while in San Fran.

Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? - If it ain't broke, don't repair it. Repair his inability to hold on to the ball, though.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-26-2012, 07:49 PM
What offense do you run? Run-first spread.
What defense do you run? Aggressive 4-3
Who do you target in the draft? GENO SMITH. Trade what it takes to get him.
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? That's a gameplanning thing and changes with the situation, but 50/50 is good.
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? In an ideal world, Chip Kelly is OC and someone like Jack Del Rio is DC.
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? Yes. Making players into something they weren't has been ruining players for years.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2012, 09:10 PM
What offense do you run?
An offense the likes of which the league, and most organized football, has never seen. They'd think I'm a nut.
What defense do you run?
3-4. You have to in this league, and as we saw this year, switching to 4-3 was a disaster even with top-level 4-3 players and coaches. 4-3 simply does not work in the NFL anymore.
BPA.
Ideally, it'd be up to as much as 60/40 toward the run, solely because the talent is deeper here at the run than the pass.
For OC, I'd pick Kurt Bryan, inventor of the now-banned A-11 offense. He is innovative and likes to experiment with ways to spread offenses beyond perceived limits, which fits in with my proposed offensive scheme. For defense, I'd obviously want someone with experience running the 3-4, but no names are coming to mind.
Oh, absolutely. The more unpredictable he is, the less likely we are figured out.

Syderick
12-26-2012, 11:20 PM
What offense do you run? West Coast Offense
What defense do you run? 4-3
Who do you target in the draft? QB
Whats the perfect run/pass ratio for the team? 50/50
What guys do you add for staff? Your DC? Your OC? Not too sure
Do you allow Stevie to continue his way of route running freedom? Yes