PDA

View Full Version : A few of the lowlights from yesterday's game

OpIv37
12-24-2012, 08:21 AM
-Third snap of the game- 3rd and 4 for Miami from around their own 30- Bradham (our best LB) is overcome by the Ghost of Donte Whitner and can't cover the TE. Miami converts, and goes on to take nearly 5 1/2 minutes off the clock and scores a FG. If the Bills' D holds, perhaps this whole game goes differently.

-At one point in the 2nd, the Bills had a 2nd and 8 or so from around midfield. They are in a 5-wide set, ie, 5 blockers. Miami puts 6 on the line. Fitz hikes the ball and narrowly avoids getting sacked as he gets slammed into the turf. This happened because Mr. Harvard couldn't figure out that 6 is more than 5 and either audible or get the ball out faster. Just before this, Fitz was actually playing well and the announcers were saying how he was in his "comfort zone" because they weren't pressuring to him. I told my dad that Miami would realize that, adjust, and the Bills wouldn't be able to respond. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

-Just before the half, the Bills get the ball with about 40 seconds left and one time out. They complete a pass to the middle of the field, whistle blows with 30 seconds left. They don't get the timeout called until 23 seconds left. Now, I realize this is a low percentage situation for getting points, but what the hell? If you're going to go for it, GO FOR IT! Fitz, the guy who caught the ball (I think it it was Dickerson but I'm not sure) and Gailey should have been screaming for the time out as soon as the ball popped up. But they half-assed it and ran two plays with no real purpose.

-The announcers said that Stevie told the other guys that everyone in the locker room should be playing like their job is on the line. Then he comes out, has a fumble, two drops (including a TD), and takes a stupid delay of game penalty for throwing the ball in frustration. He's still immature and he's still not clutch.

-Wildcat on 2nd and 14 from our own 20 needing 2 scores to tie the game? Really? What would make Gailey think such a play would be appropriate or effective?

-COMPLETE lack of urgency, even on the drive when they scored. They literally showed no sense of hurrying or rushing despite having the ball and needing 3 scores with a little over 10 minutes left. It's completely mind-boggling. They literally looked like a team that was just going through the motions.

When I look at stuff like this, I just don't see any way that this team can stick with Gailey. It's an epic disaster.

justasportsfan
12-24-2012, 08:29 AM
reasons for the lowlights are that we have clueless coaches.

Chan just like Jauron doesn't know what a play action is especially with a rb like Spiller. The game has evolved and Chan doesn't know what a read is and Wanny doesn't know how to stop is. Enough of this oldschool coaches. THe game has left them behind.

Don't Panic
12-24-2012, 08:35 AM
The clock management he shows is just so, so poor. I'm glad there were lowlights... makes justifying his retention that much tougher.

OpIv37
12-24-2012, 08:48 AM
The clock management he shows is just so, so poor. I'm glad there were lowlights... makes justifying his retention that much tougher.

Jauron still has the record for the most incompetent clock management by a head coach, but Gailey is gunning for his title.

trapezeus
12-24-2012, 09:02 AM
miami had that kick blocked on first drive...just saying.

OpIv37
12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
miami had that kick blocked on first drive...just saying.

That is correct- thanks for reminding me. Still, Miami only got to about the Bills' 30 yard line yet somehow the D was still on the field for nearly 5 1/2 minutes. That doesn't even seem possible, but it happened.

OpIv37
12-24-2012, 09:14 AM
oh and I forgot to mention the 4 false start penalties in the first half alone. I know we had some backups on the OL but that's inexcusable.

DynaPaul
12-24-2012, 12:08 PM
-Third snap of the game- 3rd and 4 for Miami from around their own 30- Bradham (our best LB) is overcome by the Ghost of Donte Whitner and can't cover the TE.

Speaking of our buddy Donte Whitner, did you see him playing last night in the Seattle-San Francisco game? He looked just like he did when we played for the Bills. I guess that ass beating his team got last night meant that his organization "doesn't want to win."

YardRat
12-24-2012, 12:15 PM
-At one point in the 2nd, the Bills had a 2nd and 8 or so from around midfield. They are in a 5-wide set, ie, 5 blockers. Miami puts 6 on the line. Fitz hikes the ball and narrowly avoids getting sacked as he gets slammed into the turf. This happened because Mr. Harvard couldn't figure out that 6 is more than 5 and either audible or get the ball out faster. Just before this, Fitz was actually playing well and the announcers were saying how he was in his "comfort zone" because they weren't pressuring to him. I told my dad that Miami would realize that, adjust, and the Bills wouldn't be able to respond. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

Maybe he should have audibled to the QB Dive. Again.

pmoon6
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
From the Colts game forward, this team has shown no passion, especially on offense. The defense did play well for 5 or 6 games and then the last two the seemed like they didn't care. That's squarely on the coaching staff and somewhat on the team leaders.

OpIv37
12-24-2012, 12:25 PM
From the Colts game forward, this team has shown no passion, especially on offense. The defense did play well for 5 or 6 games and then the last two the seemed like they didn't care. That's squarely on the coaching staff and somewhat on the team leaders.

We have team leaders? The only two players on this team that I would consider leaders are Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson, but Freddie's injured. Who else is a leader? Stevie can't have his head in the game, I think the other players like Fitz but they don't respect his ability, Spiller tries hard every play and is a great player but I don't think the other players can consider him a "leader" when the coaches refuse to commit to him, Mario Williams takes plays off.....

jamze132
12-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Again, I was embarrassed to be a Bills fan after watching that game management.

LVGrown
12-25-2012, 07:36 AM
-Just before the half, the Bills get the ball with about 40 seconds left and one time out. They complete a pass to the middle of the field, whistle blows with 30 seconds left. They don't get the timeout called until 23 seconds left. Now, I realize this is a low percentage situation for getting points, but what the hell? If you're going to go for it, GO FOR IT! Fitz, the guy who caught the ball (I think it it was Dickerson but I'm not sure) and Gailey should have been screaming for the time out as soon as the ball popped up. But they half-assed it and ran two plays with no real purpose. They literally looked like a team that was just going through the motions.

This has been the most frustrating thing for me this season. We have been down going into half time damn near every game this season and end up with the ball and less then two min on the clock and a few time outs. It never fails that a string of bull**** plays are called and the team looks like a field of ******s running around. Im annoyed just talking about it

Historian
12-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Jauron still has the record for the most incompetent clock management by a head coach, but Gailey is gunning for his title.

It's weird.

Last year, Gaily looked like a genius in the NE win, by taking the knees, and beating Belichek at the clock management game. THAT'S what sold me on him.

Now we've de-volved to this. I don't understand what happened, or what's changed. How does it get this bad this quick?

And OP mentioned the lack of urgency. That's been eveident at the end of every half this year. They waste precious seconds debating whether or not to call time, they call time, then run the wrong play...I just do not understand it.

The clincher for me was the pass called on the Miami 1, as we were driving for the second TD at the end.

Boom...game sealing INT by Fitz, (His 5th this year I believe) as opposed to punching it in with a run or a sneak.

Who's calling these plays, Mike Mularkey?

They defy conventional football wisdom.

coastal
12-26-2012, 08:37 AM
I didn't watch the game really... it was on but was busy getting step daughters room makeover done prior to Christmas.

Did we come up with a new and unique way to lose the game at the end?

OpIv37
12-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I didn't watch the game really... it was on but was busy getting step daughters room makeover done prior to Christmas.

Did we come up with a new and unique way to lose the game at the end?

Well it technically ended on a Fitz interception on a 3rd down play at the goal line, so no.

But that happened with just over a minute and no timeouts left, so even if we had scored, it would have meant recovering an onside kick and scoring again in under a minute with no timeouts. So, we had a back-up plan just in case Fitz was able to pull his head out of his ass for a play.

coastal
12-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah Ryan!