PDA

View Full Version : So the Bills will likely have a top 5 pick next year

ghz in pittsburgh
12-24-2012, 01:53 PM
The way they are going right now.

I'm firmly in the camp of tank to pick high because talent is still the overriding thing in NFL. I want talent, then worry about building winning attitude and envrionment. I'd not mind they losing to the Jets at all.

I can't tell you how many Bills fan I've met told me that the 1st game this season is the water mark for them. In hindsight, that game certainly cast a long dark shadow for me because a competitive team don't lose to a team like Jets we did, not even in the ball park. That game really exposed almost all of our deficiencies, from coaching, QB, defense on down.

At least Buddy has not missed a 1st round pick badly so far in his tenure as a GM. At worst, we'll be like the 49ers who accumulate talents until a good coach comes along to unlock the potential.

YardRat
12-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Not sure we can actually get to top 5 even if the three teams with 4 wins ahead of us all win.

ParanoidAndroid
12-24-2012, 03:11 PM
This has been a one-trick offense for 2 years (one zero-trick year), first the quick slant, then the screen. We have the people to do those things but it's too easy to take that away if no one is scared of anything over the top. We're still in this rut where team just load the box to slow down the dink and dunk and the talented RB's we have. A QB could turn this team into a real contender. Next year, it looks like Tarvaris Jackson might be the opening day starter unless the Bills somehow get Smith. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel even with Gailey and Fitz gone. The Bills seem to be good at homing in on a QB just in time for a down year for drafting one. The wheels are still spinning in place. I expect, with an upgrade at linebacker, that the defense will be much improved next year unless a new coach insists on a new DC. The key remains at QB.

Raptor
12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Nope, we'll win this week and drop to 10

But hey, its momentum right?

Ginger Vitis
12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Not sure we can actually get to top 5 even if the three teams with 4 wins ahead of us all win.

If the Eagles and Lions win this week and the Bills lose..The Bills will pick 4th

YardRat
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
If the Eagles and Lions win this week and the Bills lose..The Bills will pick 4th

Either the SOS I was looking at was incorrect or I was reading it wrong. One site has Cleveland and Tennessee higher than ours, the other lower. Thanks.

TigerJ
12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
According to the Great Blue North website (http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html) Buffalo is currently in the 6th spot in the first round. OI know this may be diffierent from some websites. GBN figures in to their calculations the win loss records of future opponents, which can give a cifferent percentage than websites that use only the win loss record of opponents who have already been played. In any case, it looks to me that a win can drop Buffalo no lower than 10th, right behind San Diego. That's assuming that San Diego, Arizona, Tennessee, and Cleveland all lose.

Don't Panic
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
It appears our range is 4-11. We need help to get to 4, and 11 would be if everything went against us, which is actually quite possible. I want 4 bad... Teo needs to be a Bill.

Ingtar33
12-24-2012, 09:49 PM
It appears our range is 4-11. We need help to get to 4, and 11 would be if everything went against us, which is actually quite possible. I want 4 bad... Teo needs to be a Bill.

I love Teo, and would be willing to take him if our QB isn't there... but if we're drafting at no.4, the chances are high one of the best QBs in the draft will be waiting for us... and passing on a QB again would be stupid.

Of course this is the Bills... which means everything will fall our way, we'll be drafting no.4, and then, the first 3 picks in the draft will all be QBs and all go on to be hall of fame QBs, while the bills front office panics, trades down and drafts a RB/CB hybrid punt returner, then uses the picks earned for trading back plus a 6th rounder to trade back into round 1 to take a QB no one had going before round 4.

Billz_fan
12-24-2012, 10:02 PM
I love Teo, and would be willing to take him if our QB isn't there... but if we're drafting at no.4, the chances are high one of the best QBs in the draft will be waiting for us... and passing on a QB again would be stupid.

Of course this is the Bills... which means everything will fall our way, we'll be drafting no.4, and then, the first 3 picks in the draft will all be QBs and all go on to be hall of fame QBs, while the bills front office panics, trades down and drafts a RB/CB hybrid punt returner, then uses the picks earned for trading back plus a 6th rounder to trade back into round 1 to take a QB no one had going before round 4.

This is perfect. Thank you ;)

Ingtar33
12-24-2012, 10:16 PM
This is perfect. Thank you ;)

I wish I could say it was a nightmare... but this is the Bills and we've all got to watch THAT story play out a few too many times these past 15 years.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-25-2012, 02:38 AM
We're drafting a big ten CB from the Ohio State University. Face it, we are a farm team for NFL dbs. We may also draft an rb. However, even if we drafted a qb he would be the only dud in the lot. If we had a time machine to do the 83 draft again, I promise you we would end up with Todd Blackledge. What I would not give for a professional GM and scouting department that knew football and had the decency to sign a good coaching staff. Losing is deeply ingrained at OBD and it won't get better until we hire a good GM, good football side personnel and good coaches who are actually able to evaluate talent. I don't know if this team is that far off. Really, a decent team would sign a good WR to go opposite stevey, a TE who can block, a couple LBs, and also a good team would say we have two (and because Choice isn't all that terrible) three decent backs we need to use our running game and control the clock and keep the scores low and the games close so that we don't have to tire out the D.

kishoph
12-25-2012, 03:15 AM
I heard on WGR that we're locked at #4, even if we beat the Jets, they will finish below us in the draft.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Please, this is the Bills, they only win when you want them to lose.

YardRat
12-25-2012, 09:29 AM
I heard on WGR that we're locked at #4, even if we beat the Jets, they will finish below us in the draft.

I don't know how that could be correct considering there are currently 5 teams with worse records.

Raptor
12-25-2012, 10:14 AM

You heard wrong

TacklingDummy
12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
How's that Arizona missed FG looking now?

Ingtar33
12-25-2012, 08:40 PM
How's that Arizona missed FG looking now?

considering that unless they win that last game and break their 11 game losing streak (and it's looking like AZ will go QB, unless they're completely insane... of course i thought it was a lock they'd go OT last year too, and they proved that there was one front office out there dumber then the bills by going WR) that kick might be the difference between a franchise QB and a linebacker or something? pretty ****** big.

Ginger Vitis
12-25-2012, 09:23 PM
The Arizona game was early in the season it's pointless to bring it up now.. Every Bills fan wanted the Bills to win that game at the time