• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

If Detroit loses...

Manti T'eo is their no-brainer pick. Assuming this and a Bills loss and a 5th or 6th overall draft choice, who do you think and want the Bills to pick?
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: If Detroit loses...

Werner or Allen

Want nothing to do with Te'o that high. Arthur Brown is just as good in my opinion, so is Kevin Minter.

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

I don't care about other positions other than QB. Wherever draft position we land, draft two QBs with the first two picks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

If we're at 5th or 6th, I want to set up an Eli Manning type trade with KC where they draft Smith and we draft Barkley and trade them. If we get up into the top 5 yet again and still don't make a run at a top QB I will lose it.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm going to be very disappointed if we end up picking at 10 or above and don't get either Te'o or our franchise QB.

And just say no to Matt Barkley.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

QB Tyler Wilson would probably be my first choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if Geno Smith and Wilson both end up going before our pick. I like WR Keenan Allen a lot, but I'm hoping we address WR in free agency. I wouldn't mind trading down and getting more picks too. This draft seems to be heavy with a lot of top DL prospects.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I'm just hoping whoever the heck we pick makes the team better, this 5-11 / 6-10 stuff is for the birds.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Barkley sucks!
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

This team probably has plans to draft a new kicker.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                    Werner or Allen

Want nothing to do with Te'o that high. Arthur Brown is just as good in my opinion, so is Kevin Minter.
                    I don't care how many garbage you pickup from a pool of garbages. You still wind up with garbage.

The question is here is quality. Who has the keen eye for QB? Very few do. Shanahan has it. He saw something in Cutler. He went all in on RGIII. Some in Green Bay front office as well. The obvious ones are obvious - everyone'd in the right position'd take a Manning or Luck, or when Roethlisberger fell to your lap. It's when you stick your neck out for it, like Donahoe did for Losman that can cost your job.

Nix, to me, is more of those sit there when someone falls to his lap. He won't reach for Gabbert several spots higher, nor a round higher for Dalton, Wilson. You can argue either way. Shanny's way or Steelers way.

I'm actually fine with Nix's approach: if you are not convinced, take the sure bet. If he can continue to build the defense into the backbone unit of the team, you can win in this league too. Gamble on QB is the quicker way, also higher risk. It's more of a lottery than others.

HC is an entirely different story though.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      This team probably has plans to draft a new kicker.
                      From the 4th round on they better start thinking about it. Look at what Minnesota & St. Louis got in the 6th round. Teams might not wait that long after seeing how successful these 2 6th round kickers were. As always, Buddy Nix was a day late & a dollar short, let those guys go by in the 5th round & took Tank Carder instead, then after Zuerlein & Walsh went in the 6th, Buddy woke up long enough to draft a kicker who can't kick field goals in the 7th round only after he picked a lineman who he waived & then tried to get back this week & failed.
                      I looked up bad management and there was a picture of Ralph introducing Buddy as GM 3 years ago.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

That's not a good spot for the Bills to be in. Barkley or Tyler is an absolutely huge reach at 5th or 6th overall, and there's no WR who warrants anywhere close to being picked that high. I think you're stuck drafting BPA at a position of only modest need, probably a defensive end like Damontre Moore or Bjern Werner. I would attempt a trade down if I could. If I could trade down a few spots, and pick up an extra 2nd round pick, I'd try for Tyler Wilson at that point and use my extra second and my own second to pick up a linebacker and WR.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          Manti T'eo is their no-brainer pick. Assuming this and a Bills loss and a 5th or 6th overall draft choice, who do you think and want the Bills to pick?
                          I'm going to assume the Bills will win, just to screw their chances of getting someone good.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Werner, Mingo or Warmack.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              And just say no to Matt Barkley.
                              Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                              Barkley sucks!
                              Did either of you actually read the whole sentence in my post or did you stop in the middle? Smith is the one I want.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X