PDA

View Full Version : If Detroit loses...

coastal
12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Manti T'eo is their no-brainer pick. Assuming this and a Bills loss and a 5th or 6th overall draft choice, who do you think and want the Bills to pick?

kingJofNYC
12-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Werner or Allen

Want nothing to do with Te'o that high. Arthur Brown is just as good in my opinion, so is Kevin Minter.

Fixxxer
12-26-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't care about other positions other than QB. Wherever draft position we land, draft two QBs with the first two picks.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
If we're at 5th or 6th, I want to set up an Eli Manning type trade with KC where they draft Smith and we draft Barkley and trade them. If we get up into the top 5 yet again and still don't make a run at a top QB I will lose it.

OpIv37
12-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm going to be very disappointed if we end up picking at 10 or above and don't get either Te'o or our franchise QB.

And just say no to Matt Barkley.

Ed
12-26-2012, 11:27 AM
QB Tyler Wilson would probably be my first choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if Geno Smith and Wilson both end up going before our pick. I like WR Keenan Allen a lot, but I'm hoping we address WR in free agency. I wouldn't mind trading down and getting more picks too. This draft seems to be heavy with a lot of top DL prospects.

Skooby
12-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm just hoping whoever the heck we pick makes the team better, this 5-11 / 6-10 stuff is for the birds.

Luisito23
12-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Barkley sucks!

Historian
12-26-2012, 12:06 PM
This team probably has plans to draft a new kicker.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Werner or Allen

Want nothing to do with Te'o that high. Arthur Brown is just as good in my opinion, so is Kevin Minter.

I don't care how many garbage you pickup from a pool of garbages. You still wind up with garbage.

The question is here is quality. Who has the keen eye for QB? Very few do. Shanahan has it. He saw something in Cutler. He went all in on RGIII. Some in Green Bay front office as well. The obvious ones are obvious - everyone'd in the right position'd take a Manning or Luck, or when Roethlisberger fell to your lap. It's when you stick your neck out for it, like Donahoe did for Losman that can cost your job.

Nix, to me, is more of those sit there when someone falls to his lap. He won't reach for Gabbert several spots higher, nor a round higher for Dalton, Wilson. You can argue either way. Shanny's way or Steelers way.

I'm actually fine with Nix's approach: if you are not convinced, take the sure bet. If he can continue to build the defense into the backbone unit of the team, you can win in this league too. Gamble on QB is the quicker way, also higher risk. It's more of a lottery than others.

HC is an entirely different story though.

Albany,n.y.
12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
This team probably has plans to draft a new kicker.

From the 4th round on they better start thinking about it. Look at what Minnesota & St. Louis got in the 6th round. Teams might not wait that long after seeing how successful these 2 6th round kickers were. As always, Buddy Nix was a day late & a dollar short, let those guys go by in the 5th round & took Tank Carder instead, then after Zuerlein & Walsh went in the 6th, Buddy woke up long enough to draft a kicker who can't kick field goals in the 7th round only after he picked a lineman who he waived & then tried to get back this week & failed.
I looked up bad management and there was a picture of Ralph introducing Buddy as GM 3 years ago.

TigerJ
12-26-2012, 05:19 PM
That's not a good spot for the Bills to be in. Barkley or Tyler is an absolutely huge reach at 5th or 6th overall, and there's no WR who warrants anywhere close to being picked that high. I think you're stuck drafting BPA at a position of only modest need, probably a defensive end like Damontre Moore or Bjern Werner. I would attempt a trade down if I could. If I could trade down a few spots, and pick up an extra 2nd round pick, I'd try for Tyler Wilson at that point and use my extra second and my own second to pick up a linebacker and WR.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Manti T'eo is their no-brainer pick. Assuming this and a Bills loss and a 5th or 6th overall draft choice, who do you think and want the Bills to pick?
I'm going to assume the Bills will win, just to screw their chances of getting someone good.

YardRat
12-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Werner, Mingo or Warmack.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
And just say no to Matt Barkley.

Barkley sucks!

Did either of you actually read the whole sentence in my post or did you stop in the middle? Smith is the one I want.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Smith is going number 1 overall. So any thought of him as a Buffalo Bill is not even worth entertaining.

Taylor Lewan or Luke Joeckel in the 1st. Move Glenn inside if Levitre isn't resigned.

Tyler Wilson in the 2nd.

Skooby
12-26-2012, 08:21 PM
If Detroit wins, we move up the draft board.

tampabay25690
12-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Smith is going number 1 overall. So any thought of him as a Buffalo Bill is not even worth entertaining.

Taylor Lewan or Luke Joeckel in the 1st. Move Glenn inside if Levitre isn't resigned.

Tyler Wilson in the 2nd.

I dont see Tyler Wilson being there in the 2nd round.
I really like this kid alot has an arm like Jay Cutler and can move around a bit better.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2012, 07:12 AM
I really like this kid alot has an arm like Jay Cutler and can move around a bit better.

As of right now I could see him lasting til the early second but depending on the combine he could rise into the top 20.

If so, I'd be for Lewan or Joeckel in the first and then trading back in to get Wilson.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM

Wel, it's a shame draft board never change between January and April and trades are suddenly banned.

jamze132
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
There aren't any QBs that really pop out at you in this class. Go figure.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Wel, it's a shame draft board never change between January and April and trades are suddenly banned.

Yeah we're gonna trade away our 1st this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2014 and a 2nd round pick to pull a Redskins move to go draft....Geno Smith.

Riiiiiight.

The worst teams in this league all have HORRIBLE QBs and Geno is better than all of the available QBs.

JoeMama
12-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Anyone like Ryan Nassib or Mike Glennon?

Nassib strikes me as a potential winner.

Skooby
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM

Does he look like Hamdan ?

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Yep
Nope
Nope

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Detroit is taking Te'o, they have far larger issues than MLB.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 08:18 AM

Tyler Wilson in the 2nd.

Wilson is likely going Top 10, no chance he's there in Round 2.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 08:19 AM

KC isn't trading out of that spot, only hope is that their new GM doesn't see Geno as the top guy.

- - - Updated - - -

In Round 2 or 3, absolutely.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Wilson is likely going Top 10, no chance he's there in Round 2.

I don't think 3 QBs are gonna go in the top 10 and I can see Glennon going before him.

Ingtar33
12-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't think 3 QBs are gonna go in the top 10 and I can see Glennon going before him.

Arizona, Buffalo KC, Jacksonville, Philidelphia, Tennessee, and Oakland all will have QB at the top of their list. Tennessee might be willing to give Locker another year to get it, however anyone watching that disaster behind center this year will make it pretty clear that if someone good falls to them they'll grab him. Jacksonville probably will be trading for Tebow, that said i'm not willing to rule out a QB taken high in this draft as well... we'll see. Oakland has been getting alright play from Palmer, but he's at the end of his career, and really I can think of 4 games alone Palmer has personally cost that team this season. So if the right guy falls to them they'd be foolish not to jump at him. The eagles might trade for a new QB rather then draft one, that said, new coach, new regime, new QB is guaranteed, and with them locked in so high in this upcoming draft you just know any QB worth a hill of beans will be in their crosshairs.

I just listed 6 teams other then buffalo who won't pass on a falling highly rated QB come April, 5 if you believe Jacksonville will be happy with Tebow (or will even get him). And i haven't even talked about the Jets (a mortal lock to be a player for a QB in April) or Chargers (depends on where the new regime goes with rivers) yet

Trust me. no matter how weak or mediocre this QB class looks, 3 possibly 4 QBs will go before pick 10 next April. Draft accordingly.

kishoph
12-28-2012, 09:15 AM

A WR, DE or OL, ? The idea is to fill weaknesses and the biggest weaknesses on this team are at QB and LB. without a QB a WR is worthless, while Mingo probably would be a LB (unless you want another Maybin), I'd much rather have someone that's played the position in college and we have one of the best interior lines in the league, why would you screw with that. This team needs to draft it's QB of the future, I would spend 2 of the first 4 picks on a QB, including our first pick.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah we're gonna trade away our 1st this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2014 and a 2nd round pick to pull a Redskins move to go draft....Geno Smith.

Riiiiiight.

The worst teams in this league all have HORRIBLE QBs and Geno is better than all of the available QBs.

A couple points: Not all the worst teams in the league have horrible QBs. Detroit is ahead of us and they clearly aren't taking a QB. If Foles lights it up, Philly might not either, and the Jags owner has a mancrush on Tim Tebow. So it's quite possible that only two other teams could be in the QB market: Oakland and KC. Now, recall that the RG3 trade got so large because Cleveland and Washington were frantically bidding against each other. Unless some other team goes all-in on the bidding, it's not likely to get that high.

KC isn't trading out of that spot, only hope is that their new GM doesn't see Geno as the top guy.

Well, yeah if KC wants him then we won't get him at any price. But if KC doesn't want Smith, why wouldn't they move down? Aside from a QB, who would they be so desperate to get at #1 that they wouldn't be able to get at #6?

I think the Eli Manning situation could work, provided that KC falls in love with Barkley. We can pre-arrange it just like they did. KC drafts Smith, if Barkley falls to us then we draft him and send him to KC with our 3rd this year, and our 1st and 5th the following year for Smith. I'd be very comfortable with that outcome.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree three QB's aren't going Top 10. Glennon isn't event a first rounder imo.

- - - Updated - - -

A WR, DE or OL, ? The idea is to fill weaknesses and the biggest weaknesses on this team are at QB and LB. without a QB a WR is worthless, while Mingo probably would be a LB (unless you want another Maybin), I'd much rather have someone that's played the position in college and we have one of the best interior lines in the league, why would you screw with that. This team needs to draft it's QB of the future, I would spend 2 of the first 4 picks on a QB, including our first pick.

DE, OLB, and OG not WR.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Arizona, Buffalo KC, Jacksonville, Philidelphia, Tennessee, and Oakland all will have QB at the top of their list. Tennessee might be willing to give Locker another year to get it, however anyone watching that disaster behind center this year will make it pretty clear that if someone good falls to them they'll grab him. Jacksonville probably will be trading for Tebow, that said i'm not willing to rule out a QB taken high in this draft as well... we'll see. Oakland has been getting alright play from Palmer, but he's at the end of his career, and really I can think of 4 games alone Palmer has personally cost that team this season. So if the right guy falls to them they'd be foolish not to jump at him. The eagles might trade for a new QB rather then draft one, that said, new coach, new regime, new QB is guaranteed, and with them locked in so high in this upcoming draft you just know any QB worth a hill of beans will be in their crosshairs.

I just listed 6 teams other then buffalo who won't pass on a falling highly rated QB come April, 5 if you believe Jacksonville will be happy with Tebow (or will even get him). And i haven't even talked about the Jets (a mortal lock to be a player for a QB in April) or Chargers (depends on where the new regime goes with rivers) yet

Trust me. no matter how weak or mediocre this QB class looks, 3 possibly 4 QBs will go before pick 10 next April. Draft accordingly.

Oakland is gonna get the best player in this draft. Star Lotulelei. They'll need to replace Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly who will both be gone and what better way to replace them with the best player on the board? Lotulelei will dominate. He's Suh without feeling the need to step on people or kick them.

The Jets absolutely can not take a QB, not just won't. They are stuck with Mark Sanchez for another year. He is untradeable and would be a 17m cap hit if cut. So they'll try to win with him, again, because well they have to.

Titans need defensive help so Te'o or Millner should be the pick.

The Jags signing Tebow will try to build around him and Henne looks decent enough to justify as a backup.

Philly and 'Zona need OTs to protect whoever is behind center so drafting a QB doesn't make a lot of sense if you have no one to protect him plus after Geno Smith the other guys are a crapshoot. Glennon, Wilson, Barkley, Aaron Murray.

I honestly think we could take Glennon or Wilson if we're picking 6th, where we stand now, do we? And after 6th or wherever we pick if we go QB, it's gonna be a while til another QB comes off the board. I do think Glennon will wow someone in the top 10 to take him. The next viable team outside the top 10 that I could see take a QB is Dallas, especially if they miss the playoffs.

I guess, in a nutshell, 1 of 3 teams are in play for the 2nd QB in this draft, Us, Philly or Zona. Not all 3 will take QBs and I don't think 2 of the 3 will. After that, barring trade, Dallas is the only chance at one in the first round.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 10:45 AM
A couple points: Not all the worst teams in the league have horrible QBs. Detroit is ahead of us and they clearly aren't taking a QB. If Foles lights it up, Philly might not either, and the Jags owner has a mancrush on Tim Tebow. So it's quite possible that only two other teams could be in the QB market: Oakland and KC. Now, recall that the RG3 trade got so large because Cleveland and Washington were frantically bidding against each other. Unless some other team goes all-in on the bidding, it's not likely to get that high.

Well, yeah if KC wants him then we won't get him at any price. But if KC doesn't want Smith, why wouldn't they move down? Aside from a QB, who would they be so desperate to get at #1 that they wouldn't be able to get at #6?

I think the Eli Manning situation could work, provided that KC falls in love with Barkley. We can pre-arrange it just like they did. KC drafts Smith, if Barkley falls to us then we draft him and send him to KC with our 3rd this year, and our 1st and 5th the following year for Smith. I'd be very comfortable with that outcome.
Joeckel, Lewan, another QB they value higher, Werner/Moore. Lots of reasons to stay even if they don't think Geno is the top guy.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Joeckel, Lewan, another QB they value higher, Werner/Moore. Lots of reasons to stay even if they don't think Geno is the top guy.

I would love Joeckel or Lewan here.

Pioli allegedly is enamored with Glennon. Don't think Pioli will still be there though come April.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 10:59 AM
As a typically Bills move, we'll pass him up in the round we should draft him in, thinking he'll be there one round later, just to see him get picked right after we pass him up. (See Christian Ponder, Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker, Dalton, Roethlisberger)

OpIv37
12-28-2012, 11:00 AM

I hope we are not one of those teams. As bad as we need a QB, reaching for one in the top 10 who isn't really worthy of a top 10 pick is a recipe for disaster. This is where the old drafting for need vs BPA argument comes in. When you are drafting so early, there are still enough players available that need can be considered, but that's different than reaching for a guy and picking him 10 picks ahead of where he should go in order to fill a need. Buffalo needs a QB and a lot of QB's have been successful in their rookie years. I really hope those factors don't cause the Bills to get desperate and grab the highest-rated QB left on the board over a blue-chip prospect like Te'o.

Ed
12-28-2012, 11:10 AM

I agree with this. QB is simply way more valuable than any other position and there are always QB needy teams in the top 10, or teams willing to trade up to get a QB. If guys like Tannehill, Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder can all go as high as they did, I don't see why guys like Wilson, Glennon, and Barkley would go that much lower.

I really hope Jax does get Tebow. I don't see them going qb at 2 if they do because they would basically be giving up on Tebow before even giving him a chance and they have plenty of other glaring holes. It's too bad Foles didn't do more in Philly and can't play this Sunday. It would have been great if they could justify continuing with him, but maybe Vick pulls out the win and we end up picking ahead of them anyway. I don't really know what to make of Oakland. Hopefully they feel they can get a few a good years out of Palmer. It seems pretty critical that Buffalo stay ahead of the other teams mentioned too.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-28-2012, 11:26 AM
with the massive need for qbs, you will see a run on them in the top 15...

glennon, barkley, wilson, smith will all be gone before then... trust me.

id be happy with smith, glennon or barkley...

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 11:32 AM
with the massive need for qbs, you will see a run on them in the top 15...

glennon, barkley, wilson, smith will all be gone before then... trust me.

id be happy with smith, glennon or barkley...

Barkley will be lucky to go in the 2nd round. He absolutely killed his draft stock and cost himself millions by staying at USC one more year.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 11:36 AM

Well then if Geno falls past #1 and Jax has Tebow, then that's even more fantastic.

Frankly, I think Geno has franchise potential, and being within striking distance of the best QB in the draft but taking a MLB might make me flip out.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Well then if Geno falls past #1 and Jax has Tebow, then that's even more fantastic.

Frankly, I think Geno has franchise potential, and being within striking distance of the best QB in the draft but taking a MLB might make me flip out.

I'd LOVE Geno here, I think he's a step below RGIII but better than Tannehill, Ponder, Locker, or any of the other QB's that have been badly reached for in recent years.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Barkley will be lucky to go in the 2nd round. He absolutely killed his draft stock and cost himself millions by staying at USC one more year.

There is no way on god's green earth he'll fall all the way to the 3rd unless something dramatic happens between now and April. He's got no major character red flags, the shoulder injury is serious but not devastating, and this is a guy who is a 4 year starter, a career 64% passer with a >2:1 TD/INT ratio, and broke a ton of Pac12 passing records set by heisman winners. Get real.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 11:44 AM
There is no way on god's green earth he'll fall all the way to the 3rd unless something dramatic happens between now and April. He's got no major character red flags, the shoulder injury is serious but not devastating, and this is a guy who is a 4 year starter, a career 64% passer with a >2:1 TD/INT ratio, and broke a ton of Pac12 passing records set by heisman winners. Get real.

Barkley is going in Round 1, Im not sure he quite deserves to but its going to happen.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I'd LOVE Geno here, I think he's a step below RGIII but better than Tannehill, Ponder, Locker, or any of the other QB's that have been badly reached for in recent years.

I agree totally. Also, RG3 was one of the best college prospects in the history of ever, so a whole lot of QBs are going to be "a step below" him.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Barkley is going in Round 1, Im not sure he quite deserves to but its going to happen.

No way. Barkley, at best, will be the 4th QB taken in this draft.

DraftBoy
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
No way. Barkley, at best, will be the 4th QB taken in this draft.

He'll be the third one taken. He'll got 15-25.