PDA

View Full Version : No Bills in Pro Bowl.

BidsJr
12-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks Chan for costing CJ a spot.

OpIv37
12-26-2012, 06:05 PM
other than CJ, no one deserves it.

You could maybe make a case for Wood or Levitre, but that's it.

Frenchman
12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Hopefully they will make it in 2013. Just a bad season. Hopefully they will come back in 2013!

Night Train
12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
They will be down to 4th-5th alternates by the actual game and Spiller will probably be there.

The Pro Bowl is a joke and should have been extinct years ago.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2012, 06:15 PM
This is the THIRD consecutive year that not one Bills player has made the original Pro Bowl roster. 2011, no one was sent. 2010, Kyle Williams only got in because of injury.

Three straight years with no Pro Bowlers. Thirteen straight years with no playoffs.

This is not acceptable for an NFL team. Yet Poloncarz and Cuomo have accepted it.

JoeMama
12-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I see Donte Whitner made the probowl. http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/facepalm6.gif

gr8slayer
12-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I see Donte Whitner made the probowl. http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/facepalm6.gif

He's actually doing quite well over the past couple of years.

JoeMama
12-26-2012, 06:46 PM
He's actually doing quite well over the past couple of years.

I know.

I can't stand it when our underachievers become somebody else's pro bowlers.

Marshawn Lynch is a great example.

ServoBillieves
12-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I know.

Marshawn was an underachiever? Please pass me what you're smoking, that's asinine.

Anyways, how Byrd isn't in the conversation is laughable.

OpIv37
12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Marshawn was an underachiever? Please pass me what you're smoking, that's asinine.

Anyways, how Byrd isn't in the conversation is laughable.

That benefits us. He's a FA. If the dude made the Pro Bowl, it would just up the price to keep him.

JoeMama
12-26-2012, 07:09 PM

Now that he's doing amazing things in Seattle, I think it's fair to say he underachieved here by comparison.

gr8slayer
12-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I know.

Honestly, I think that Whitner just needed to find the right system. He's not a guy that excels in dropping back into zone coverage (which he was asked to do on a regular basis in the C2/T2). He's a guy that excels at playing in the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that he's doing amazing things in Seattle, I think it's fair to say he underachieved here by comparison.

Did he underachieve, or did the team not utilize him properly?

JoeMama
12-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Honestly, I think that Whitner just needed to find the right system. He's not a guy that excels in dropping back into zone coverage (which he was asked to do on a regular basis in the C2/T2). He's a guy that excels at playing in the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Did he underachieve, or did the team not utilize him properly?

A little from column A a little from column B.

He's averaging 5.0 ypc this season. And he's going to get 300+ carries by the end of the season (we never gave him that many carries in Buffalo).

gr8slayer
12-26-2012, 07:42 PM
A little from column A a little from column B.

He's averaging 5.0 ypc this season. And he's going to get 300+ carries by the end of the season (we never gave him that many carries in Buffalo).

Yeah. No matter how you shake it, those are amazing statistics.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-26-2012, 08:27 PM
injury aside, why not mcfumbles as a PR?

mrbojanglezs
12-26-2012, 08:33 PM
probowl is ****ing gay

Mike13
12-26-2012, 08:53 PM
The superior Pouncey also didnt make it in. Which shows you how important name recognition is in the Probowl.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM
The superior Pouncey also didnt make it in. Which shows you how important name recognition is in the Probowl.

Did Rueben Brown make it his year?

warsawbassman
12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Anyone really shocked?? Why should players off a 5 win team, with an all-time bad defense, that also quit on the season after the rams game get any awards? I know players from the Jets and Cheifs made it, which makes the PB an even bigger joke than it usually is.

gebobs
12-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Does anyone actually watch the Pro Bowl? Of all the "all star" games, the Pro Bowl is the worst. The only one remotely worth watching is the MLB All-Star game which is slightly more fun than watching paint dry.

Historian
12-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Spiller should have at least been an alternate.

Perhaps Byrd, as he leads the AFC in INTs.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Byrd is stuck at a position where guys who've made a name in this league for the past decade reside. As we all know the pro bowl is a popularity contest and as long as the names Ed Reed and Troy Polamulu are there, Byrd getting that recognition among fans outside of Buffalo is going to be rough.

Spiller suffers a little also from the same thing combined with a head coach that has simply refused to feature him as the offense. But it's tough to unseat guys like Arian Foster and MJD.

Night Train
12-27-2012, 07:29 AM
When your D is 31st in points allowed, no one should be getting all-star recognition.

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Byrd is stuck at a position where guys who've made a name in this league for the past decade reside. As we all know the pro bowl is a popularity contest and as long as the names Ed Reed and Troy Polamulu are there, Byrd getting that recognition among fans outside of Buffalo is going to be rough.

Spiller suffers a little also from the same thing combined with a head coach that has simply refused to feature him as the offense. But it's tough to unseat guys like Arian Foster and MJD.

I think that's how a lot of these things go. When a team has a good season, especially if the team wasn't expected to be very good, fans of that team go and just vote mostly for their guys. Fans of other teams go to vote for the 1 or 2 guys on their team who they feel really deserve it, then fill in the rest with the first name they recognize.

That's why I don't bother voting: I don't pay enough attention to other teams to know what's going on beyond the high-profile positions, like QB, RB, WR and DE/LB that racks up sacks. Ask me how Levitre has played this year and I'll give you a good summation. Ask me how he compares to the other guards in the AFC and I have no idea because I haven't watched them closely enough to know.