• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Plenty of Bills on NFL.com Pro Bowl Snub List

Gregg Rosenthal breaks down the 13 biggest snubs on the 2013 Pro Bowl roster. Which big-name players, like Richard Sherman, deserve to play in the Hawaii sunshine but were left in the cold?

Byrd, Spiller, K. Williams, and Levitre getting some recognition, whereas they will probably be alternates.

As Op stated in another thread, it'd be nice for Levitre and Byrd to be left off the PB roster.
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Plenty of Bills on NFL.com Pro Bowl Snub List

The Pro Bowl doesnt make any sense at all anymore.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

Donte Whitner starting for NFC, Marshawn Lynch NFC reserve. It looks like Marv hit with his #1 draft picks after all.

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

Byrd is the biggest oversight, IMO. He makes game-changing plays. Ed Reed is only there on reputation, Laron Landry is a big-hitter but average player and Eric Berry was great as a rookie but hasn't been the same since SJ took out his knee (0 sacks, 1 Int, 0 FF this year). Byrd should make it over all 3, and Eric Weddle should be the other starter at S.

Spiller has great potential, but he didn't get the ball enough. All of the guys who made the team ahead of him are deserving, so it is hard to say CJ got robbed. Really, he should blame is own coach.

Looking at the DT on the team you could make an argument for Kyle, but he is a different kind of player. Kyle makes splash plays, but he doesn't make other players around him better like a Atkins, Ngata or Wilford do. That is why he didn't make it.

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

People still pay attention and worry about the Pro Bowl?

Comment

• OLDSRIP
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            Donte Whitner starting for NFC, Marshawn Lynch NFC reserve. It looks like Marv hit with his #1 draft picks after all.

Ha, good one

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Whitner has been pretty good in SF.... Lynch has been one of the best 2 backs in pro-football the last two years.

It does beg the question, why did we draft Spiller, then trade Lynch. Cause Lynch is doing everything the Spiller/Jackson combo has been doing for us.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

It does beg the question, why did we draft Spiller, then trade Lynch. Cause Lynch is doing everything the Spiller/Jackson combo has been doing for us.
                Thank you. Has been bothering me since last off season.

It has actually been bothering me since we drafted Spiller.
                True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                X