PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez starting Sunday..

MidnightVoice
12-27-2012, 10:30 AM
...according to NFL network

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117630/article/mark-sanchez-starting-for-new-york-jets-greg-mcelroy-out

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Ryan's an idiot for not starting Tebow. Not that I actually think he'd do well, but we all know Sanchez sucks. It's just as bad as Gailey not starting TJax. There's no harm in trying something different in a meaningless game.

And damn, we might see 10 turnovers.

coastal
12-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Good.

He whooped our ass last time... No reason to think another one isn't coming.

Also... Kind of like that Ryan is going down with his guy (right or wrong.)

Shows integrity if nothing else.

justasportsfan
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Ryan's an idiot for not starting Tebow. Not that I actually think he'd do well, but we all know Sanchez sucks. It's just as bad as Gailey not starting TJax. There's no harm in trying something different in a meaningless game.

Sanchez just like Russell Wilson and so many others have had career nos. vs. the bills. Sanchez owns us.

Skooby
12-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Bills will lose for sure now, did anyone here watch our first game ?? These guys buried us & peed on our graves, with family watching.

better days
12-27-2012, 10:43 AM

If Rex had started Tebow last week or next Sunday & the Jets won, could you imagine the NY papers headlines questioning Rex for not going to Tebow MUCH sooner? As well as Jets fans.

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Sanchez just like Russell Wilson and so many others have had career nos. vs. the bills. Sanchez owns us.

Because we haven't been able to pressure him. If the DL can get to him, he will wilt and we will see 3+ turnovers. If he's allowed to sit back there and pick us apart like last time, it'll be another career day for him. It could go either way as the pass rush from the DL has been really inconsistent this season. They sucked the last two games but were good for the 2 or 3 games before that.

I truly believe the first Jets game was on Wannstadt. He brought no pressure and had no stunts- it was the four DL's straight up the field every time, and he never changed it even when it clearly wasn't working.

psubills62
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Why wouldn't he start Sanchez? We're the one team he can look good against.

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
If Rex had started Tebow last week or next Sunday & the Jets won, could you imagine the NY papers headlines questioning Rex for not going to Tebow MUCH sooner? As well as Jets fans.

Good point- Rex is the kind of douche who would stick it to the fans and the team to save face.

justasportsfan
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Because we haven't been able to pressure him. If the DL can get to him, he will wilt and we will see 3+ turnovers. If he's allowed to sit back there and pick us apart like last time, it'll be another career day for him. It could go either way as the pass rush from the DL has been really inconsistent this season. They sucked the last two games but were good for the 2 or 3 games before that.

I truly believe the first Jets game was on Wannstadt. He brought no pressure and had no stunts- it was the four DL's straight up the field every time, and he never changed it even when it clearly wasn't working.

what is tebow going to do that Sanchez can't?

Between what we did to Tebow last year and what Sanchez did to us in the 1st game, Sexy Rexy is better off taking the risk with Sanchez.

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 10:48 AM
what is tebow going to do that Sanchez can't?

Run. We've been getting destroyed by mobile QB's.

justasportsfan
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Run. We've been getting destroyed by mobile QB's.

the reason is because the other qb's have an arm that the bills have to worried about while running. Tebow doesn't. Bills would dare him to throw just like teams dare Fitz to throw.

Can we beat the jets? I think we win anyways.

Tebow IMO doesn't give them a better chance to win.

OpIv37
12-27-2012, 10:53 AM
the reason is because the other qb's have an arm that the bills have to worried about while running. Tebow doesn't. Bills would dare him to throw just like teams dare Fitz to throw.

He just has to throw to the TE because the TE is ALWAYS open against the Bills.

better days
12-27-2012, 10:53 AM

You mean like the Steelers dared Tebow to throw in the playoff game last year? Didn't work out too well for them.

justasportsfan
12-27-2012, 10:59 AM
You mean like the Steelers dared Tebow to throw in the playoff game last year? Didn't work out too well for them.

Tebow got lucky that he wasn't playing the bills then. :D HOw did he turn out against us last year .

Tebow doesn't have the weapons now either that he had last year. The jets wr's suck.

The bills couldn't stack the box against the seahawks because Wilson could hurt you with his arm. Against Tebow, you stack the box and dare him to throw.

Mr. Miyagi
12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Good.

Maybe Ryan is trying to entice potential trade partners.

EricStratton
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Good.

It shows that McElroy has a concussion, nothing more.

stuckincincy
12-27-2012, 01:07 PM

The stock phrase is something like "We don't want to bring controversy into the off-season."

better days
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Tebow got lucky that he wasn't playing the bills then. :D HOw did he turn out against us last year .

Tebow doesn't have the weapons now either that he had last year. The jets wr's suck.

The bills couldn't stack the box against the seahawks because Wilson could hurt you with his arm. Against Tebow, you stack the box and dare him to throw.

Yeah, the Bills game was the worst game in Tebows career. And you have a good point about the Jets lack of weapons. I doubt any QB would look good on that team. Probably a blessing for Tebow he doesn't play for them now.

I do think however there is a misconception about Tebows arm because of his comp %. That is the most useless misleading stat in the NFL. A guy like Trent Edwards can have a high % because if he throws 3 completions but does not make a first down, that is still 100% for that series. Those completions & that stat are useless.

What is MUCH more important is TD's & INT's thrown. Tebow set a record in College at Florida for TD's & he threw very few INT's as well. You don't do that unless you have an arm.

justasportsfan
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
game is blacked out anyways. I'm crushed! :ill:

BleedinGreenNC
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Go Bills!!