PDA

View Full Version : Bill's FO must have decided to pay $10 instead of offering tickets...

jpdex12
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
for people to shovel the stadium. Had they offered tickets instead of money, no one would have shown up. Wonder how many of those whinos that collect cans during game day will show up to work for $10/hr? Probably not many...that means they would have to work. I remember some of them complaining because we had bottles in our bags they wanted only cans due to the weight...can you billieve that?

Pretty sad when this is the kind of news I can pick to post about when a lot of other teams are preparing for playoffs. I had some in-laws complaining joking that some of their tax money is going to stadium renovations in Buffalo. Made me laugh! Partial retribution for all of the picking on I get over the years. Thanks Ralph.

Skooby
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Newsflash : The $14 HR guys clean the bathrooms.

jpdex12
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM
I couldn't do that for $50/hr...

ServoBillieves
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Hell I would've shown up for either.

Then again, I'm a football fan. Either way, if I didn't have to drive 10 hours I would've gone for tickets or money.

jpdex12
12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't know why they are shoveling...we are blacked out so someone is going to be doing a lot of shoveling for seats that won't have asses in them.

Night Train
12-27-2012, 07:30 PM
$10 an hour can buy some crack.

BillsFever21
12-27-2012, 07:47 PM
for people to shovel the stadium. Had they offered tickets instead of money, no one would have shown up. Wonder how many of those whinos that collect cans during game day will show up to work for $10/hr? Probably not many...that means they would have to work. I remember some of them complaining because we had bottles in our bags they wanted only cans due to the weight...can you billieve that?

Pretty sad when this is the kind of news I can pick to post about when a lot of other teams are preparing for playoffs. I had some in-laws complaining joking that some of their tax money is going to stadium renovations in Buffalo. Made me laugh! Partial retribution for all of the picking on I get over the years. Thanks Ralph.

The sad part is they probably make more doing that and a good chunk of change picking up 5 cent refundable bottles/cans along with any aluminum cans LOL. I save a good chunk of my money and I still save them and collect the ones laying around work. Every few months I will cash in around $100 worth of 5 centers and about every six months I take the non-refundable cans to the recycling center and cash them in for about another $25 or so. Hell I've cashed in about $500 worth of recycling this year. That's an extra weeks paycheck without really any work involved.

Maybe I'm just an extreme cheapskate but it's worth it. As far as going to a game or the stadium and searching for them that would be going a little too far though.

Ingtar33
12-27-2012, 08:35 PM

I can see a great deal of human compassion and love for your fellow man this holiday season.

I'd think you'd be happy those "homeless men" are willing to shovel the snow for $10/hour rather then panhandle, rob, or pick through trash for the money. Likely the men doing it are homeless for mental or addiction issues, but there is still part of them with something resembling pride.

as a sidenote, having worked in and around the NFL/football most of those groups of labor that they get to do this work are homeless men pitching in to help out the shelter or church that puts them up, or ex-cons in a halfway home (and in both cases don't get a dime for it, rather their home/shelter gets paid for their labor). So yes, most of the men who pick through the trash around the stadium won't be shoveling... they've got their own way to survive, trading in cans for a deposit money. The ones shoveling are a step away from those men, likely were those men at one point.

Something to think about when you see a clear stadium after a blizzard... or when you see a man begging on a street corner. They're human too, they just have issues that they can't overcome on their own.

bigbry
12-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I can see a great deal of human compassion and love for your fellow man this holiday season.

I'd think you'd be happy those "homeless men" are willing to shovel the snow for $10/hour rather then panhandle, rob, or pick through trash for the money. Likely the men doing it are homeless for mental or addiction issues, but there is still part of them with something resembling pride.

as a sidenote, having worked in and around the NFL/football most of those groups of labor that they get to do this work are homeless men pitching in to help out the shelter or church that puts them up, or ex-cons in a halfway home (and in both cases don't get a dime for it, rather their home/shelter gets paid for their labor). So yes, most of the men who pick through the trash around the stadium won't be shoveling... they've got their own way to survive, trading in cans for a deposit money. The ones shoveling are a step away from those men, likely were those men at one point.

Something to think about when you see a clear stadium after a blizzard... or when you see a man begging on a street corner. They're human too, they just have issues that they can't overcome on their own.

Like being a Bills fan?

jpdex12
12-27-2012, 10:01 PM
It's a dog eat dog world. If you want better then go find better for yourself.

Ingtar33
12-28-2012, 08:34 AM
It's a dog eat dog world. If you want better then go find better for yourself.

I hope you never run into someone who thinks this way if you trip, fall down and can't get up on your own.

kishoph
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
$10 an hour can buy some crack.

Or food for your kids. I can't believe that anyone would complain about this, when so many families have a hard time getting by, here's an opportunity to earn some money to help. It shouldn't matter if it's coming from the Bills, a car dealership, or whatever, especially around these Holidays when a little extra cash can make a big difference. ***** about things that are wrong, not everything under the sun.

HAMMER
12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
People doing legitimate, legal work should never be criticized. How would you feel if they decided to mug one of your family members, or broke into your apartment and stole all your electronics instead of earning a buck the right way?

jpdex12
12-28-2012, 07:07 PM
I hope you never run into someone who thinks this way if you trip, fall down and can't get up on your own.no worries friend, I am not like more and more of the people of this country that rely on help from the government and others. I'll pick myself up and not wait for someone else to.

jpdex12
12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Already been there...maybe that's why I sound so cold.

Ingtar33
12-28-2012, 10:29 PM
no worries friend, I am not like more and more of the people of this country that rely on help from the government and others. I'll pick myself up and not wait for someone else to.

where did i say anything about the government? ~you know what, off topic. this had nothing to do with politics and i refuse to walk down that road in a football forum.

TigerJ
12-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I couldn't do that for $50/hr...I had a summer job once that consisted of cleaning bathrooms, pit toilets, and cabins in Allegany State Park. I was glad for it. If I were younger, lived near Orchard Park, had the time and needed the money, I'd be glad to do it, shovel snow, or clean bathrooms.

ICRockets
12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I couldn't do that for $50/hr...

You mean you wouldn't do that because you think you're above it. This coming after you talk about **** you don't understand, denigrating welfare recipients. If you want to spew bull****, come join us in the political forum. Don't pull this idiotic crap in a football conversation.