PDA

View Full Version : Let's play Where Are They Now?

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Brian Brohm
Aaron Maybin
Ed Wang
Levi Brown
Shawn Nelson
James Hardy
Derek Fine
Xavier Omen
John McCargo
Ko Simpson

Good lord the list goes on and on.....

OpIv37
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Aaron Maybin is from College Park, MD, which is pretty close to where I live. I think I saw him frying up wings at Cluck U.

pmoon6
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
What really begs the question is "Where is Daniel-son?". Besides, isn't one of the tenets of Taoism and Buddhism to focus on the positive?

You probably need some more yang in your yin.

Wouldn't be so cranky.

OpIv37
12-28-2012, 01:14 PM
What really begs the question is "Where is Daniel-son?". Besides, isn't one of the tenets of Taoism and Buddhism to focus on the positive?

Wouldn't be so cranky.

You want the positive? Ok.... here's the positive:

None of those asshats are on our team anymore.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 01:17 PM

Wouldn't be so cranky.
Are you new here or something?

pmoon6
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Are you new here or something?Yes. I used to just go to the politics board after I joined. I was run off the Bills' forum pretty early when I voiced my opinion of over drinking at games and the culprits be jailed. A few PM's came in threatening my life and such.

Besides, I was just making a little fun of your title. I was trying to be funny and it looks like unsuccessfully.

I sincerely beg your pardon.

The King
12-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Trent Edwards - Hand model for Palm Olive
JP Losman Back-up Drummer for a Incubus Coverband
Brian Brohm - Greeter at the TGI Fridays in Columbus
Aaron Maybin - Fry Cook At the Jets/Giants Metropolis
Ed Wang - Blows the dust out of old nintendo games at Game Stop
Levi Brown - BLeonard on the BillsZone
Shawn Nelson - I think he died in a creek after a Bills game this year
James Hardy - Looking for the Secret Caves
Derek Fine - Spokesperson for Striderite Childrens Footwear
Xavier Omen - Last seen shoveling snow at Orchard Park for $10
John McCargo - Professional food critic for Yelp
Ko Simpson - Donte Whitners chauffeur.

better days
12-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Brian Brohm
Aaron Maybin
Ed Wang
Levi Brown
Shawn Nelson
James Hardy
Derek Fine
Xavier Omen
John McCargo
Ko Simpson

Why play where are they now with the likes of Ed Wang, Levi Brown, Derek Fine, Xavier Omen, Ko Simpson, Shawn Nelson? LOW RND picks. You could ask the same of any teams low rnd picks. The Bills probably have more low rnd picks playing than 98% of the NFL.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Man Shawn Nelson... I had such high hopes.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Why play where are they now with the likes of Ed Wang, Levi Brown, Derek Fine, Xavier Omen, Ko Simpson, Shawn Nelson? LOW RND picks. You could ask the same of any teams low rnd picks. The Bills probably have more low rnd picks playing than 98% of the NFL.
Regardless of where they were picked, a lot of them we thought had promise, and some were even starters at one point. Just showing how terrible our drafting has been, and coaches who thought these "talents" were starter material. Makes me want to barf.

By the way, one of the things that pissed me off the most in recent years is, we traded away our next year's 1st round pick to Dallas so we could move back into the first to draft JP Losman. Guess who Dallas drafted with our 1st rounder the very next year?

DeMarcus Ware.

Feel free to borrow my gun after I shoot myself in the head with it. I'll leave you an extra bullet.

OpIv37
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Regardless of where they were picked, a lot of them we thought had promise, and some were even starters at one point. Just showing how terrible our drafting has been, and coaches who thought these "talents" were starter material. Makes me want to barf.

By the way, one of the things that pissed me off the most in recent years is, we traded away our next year's 1st round pick to Dallas so we could move back into the first to draft JP Losman. Guess who Dallas drafted with our 1st rounder the very next year?

DeMarcus Ware.

Feel free to borrow my gun after I shoot myself in the head with it. I'll leave you an extra bullet.

Don't do this to yourself. If you go back and look at some of our 1st and 2nd round picks and the guys that were taken 2-3 picks after us (ie, guys we could have had without them being "reaches"), it's absolutely disgusting. The classic one is, of course, Orakpo going two picks after Maybin. Nick Mangold went 3 picks after we chose McCargo. And in the same draft, we could have had Ngata instead of Donte ****ing Whitner. There are at least a half dozen more in the last 8 drafts.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't do this to yourself. If you go back and look at some of our 1st and 2nd round picks and the guys that were taken 2-3 picks after us (ie, guys we could have had without them being "reaches"), it's absolutely disgusting. The classic one is, of course, Orakpo going two picks after Maybin. Nick Mangold went 3 picks after we chose McCargo. And in the same draft, we could have had Ngata instead of Donte ****ing Whitner. There are at least a half dozen more in the last 8 drafts.

Troup over Gronkowski is going that way, and fast.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't even know who to blame. Our scouting dept? They've come and gone. GM? We're on our 4th one in the last 10 years and results have been all the same HC? Same thing.

Ralph has been the only constant and he doesn't call picks. So I guess it's just the Buffalo curse.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Troup over Gronkowski is going that way, and fast.
Who needed Gronk? We had Chandler and David Martin.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
The classic one is, of course, Orakpo going two picks after Maybin.
And some white guy named Clay Matthews was still there 10 picks later.

EDS
12-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Brian Brohm
Aaron Maybin
Ed Wang
Levi Brown
Shawn Nelson
James Hardy
Derek Fine
Xavier Omen
John McCargo
Ko Simpson

Hmm, how about:

Marshawn Lynch
Willis McGahee
Jabari Greer
Antoine Winfield
Paul Posluzny
Jason Peters

All save the running backs, who remain productive 100 yard rushers, would still start on the Bills and most other teams in the league. Lets hope Levitre and/or Byrd are not added to the list next year.

EDS
12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Brian Brohm
Aaron Maybin
Ed Wang
Levi Brown
Shawn Nelson
James Hardy
Derek Fine
Xavier Omen
John McCargo
Ko Simpson

Losman, by the way, is living in LA and has a very beautiful wife and baby boy, and of course still has the beard.

The last buffalo fan
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Losman, by the way, is living in LA and has a very beautiful wife and baby boy, and of course still has the beard.

No pics?

stuckincincy
12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Hmm, how about:

Marshawn Lynch
Willis McGahee
Jabari Greer
Antoine Winfield
Paul Posluzny
Jason Peters

All save the running backs, who remain productive 100 yard rushers, would still start on the Bills and most other teams in the league. Lets hope Levitre and/or Byrd are not added to the list next year.

Nate Clements is still with CIN - mostly splitting strong safety duty with C. Crocker the past several weeks. 29 solo tackles, 20 assists, 1 int, 5 passes defended.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 03:30 PM
I hope he lives well. Never disliked him as a person, just a bust of a football player.

Same with most of the guys on my list, other than Maybin maybe.

ServoBillieves
12-28-2012, 03:57 PM
How about Ashlee Palmer, Joique Bell, and John Wendling?

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
How about Ashlee Palmer, Joique Bell, and John Wendling?
Joique Bell is actually doing well in Detroit.

X-Era
12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Brian Brohm
Aaron Maybin
Ed Wang
Levi Brown
Shawn Nelson
James Hardy
Derek Fine
Xavier Omen
John McCargo
Ko Simpson

Good lord the list goes on and on.....Of the top of my head I'll take that they all are out of football

ServoBillieves
12-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Joique Bell is actually doing well in Detroit.

So are John Wendling and Ashlee Palmer. I was being sarcastic...

pmoon6
12-28-2012, 04:09 PM
HaHaHa, funny. Another losing season has Bills' Fans crying over woulda, coulda, shoulda draftpicks. I hope the Zone store took my advice and stocked up on extra tissues and Midol. Maybe it's just menstral cramping.

jlgarsh
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
If we had kept Antoine Winfield in the first place, most of those DBs (even Clements) we let go wouldn't have mattered. I do wish we'd kept Jabari Greer as well though.

Skooby
12-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Aaron Maybin is from College Park, MD, which is pretty close to where I live. I think I saw him frying up wings at Cluck U.

Best clucking chicken in town, lol.

jpdex12
12-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but if buffalo had drafted any of them, they would have sucked. You know how guys we draft leave and play better elsewhere unless they disappear off the face of the earth.

clumping platelets
12-29-2012, 12:43 AM

:laughing:

Mr. Pink
12-29-2012, 12:46 AM
What, no mention of Lee Evans? LMAO

Mouldsie
12-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Hmm, how about:

Marshawn Lynch
Willis McGahee
Jabari Greer
Antoine Winfield
Paul Posluzny
Jason Peters

Justin Bannan starts for Denver

ServoBillieves
12-29-2012, 09:17 AM
I miss Tim Anderson.

jimmifli
12-29-2012, 10:07 AM
I miss Tim Anderson.
moobs.

dannyek71
12-29-2012, 10:15 AM
I was run off the Bills' forum pretty early when I voiced my opinion of over drinking at games and the culprits be jailed. A few PM's came in threatening my life and such.

I'm with you about those jerks drinking at the games. They ruin it for the rest of us.

In all seriousness, I've only missed a handful of games at the Ralph since about 2004, and those names make me happy I haven't been sober for one of them.

OLDSRIP
12-29-2012, 11:01 AM
If we had kept Antoine Winfield in the first place, most of those DBs (even Clements) we let go wouldn't have mattered. I do wish we'd kept Jabari Greer as well though.

I agree, Winfield was the one we should have kept.
I thought that Clements was way overpaid at the time. Would have liked to keep him of course. But San Fran really stepped up for him. Greer, was a mistake to let him go. IMO of course.

OLDSRIP
12-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Justin Bannan starts for Denver

Yes, he has always been steady. Much better player that McCargo or Troop.

ServoBillieves
12-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree, Winfield was the one we should have kept.
I thought that Clements was way overpaid at the time. Would have liked to keep him of course. But San Fran really stepped up for him. Greer, was a mistake to let him go. IMO of course.

Even though he's not a Bill I'm still a huge Jabari Greer fan. Glad he and Hargrove got Super Bowl rings.

Skooby
12-29-2012, 01:11 PM

:laughing:

This is classic.

The Jokeman
12-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Even though he's not a Bill I'm still a huge Jabari Greer fan. Glad he and Hargrove got Super Bowl rings.

and I'm pretty sure they earned those rings when coached by Gregg Williams. Toss in others with rings of note Perry Fewel and Kevin Gilbride and former head scout Marc Ross with the Giants.

pmoon6
12-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm with you about those jerks drinking at the games. They ruin it for the rest of us.

In all seriousness, I've only missed a handful of games at the Ralph since about 2004, and those names make me happy I haven't been sober for one of them.Sorry, I oversimplified because I didn't want to make it an issue again. I'm talking about OVER-drinking. Getting so drunk you lose control. Screaming obscenities, not having consideration for the other fans around you, getting in stupid fights, etc.

The response from some was "**** you, we bought a ticket and we will do what we want". Sad commentary on today's society.

ServoBillieves
12-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Trent Edwards

Playing right now in Philadelphia.

Oaf
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Playing right now in Philadelphia.

Indeed. That was interesting.

What about players we could have had, if we had not won a meaningless week 17 game? Rothcheeseburger, Patrick Willis, etc