PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nassib v Geno Smith ESPN 3:15pm

DraftBoy
12-29-2012, 01:54 PM
If you didn't already know, shame on you, but in 10 mins it Geno Smith v Ryan Nassib in the Pinstripe Bowl in the snow at Yankee Stadium. You want to see two top flight targets make sure you watch this game!

Here is our preview;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/12/prospect-preview-new-era-pinstripe-bowl/

YardRat
12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
GO 'CUSE !!!!!

Night Train
12-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Weather is freezing rain and snow. Hard to get a read on the QB's.

Skooby
12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Tough game for QB, which should show who can handle crap weather better.

DraftBoy
12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Weather is freezing rain and snow. Hard to get a read on the QB's.

Perfect for playing in a place like Buffalo when the games count. Wind is low so its all about adjusting to cold and rain.

Neither has had sterling starts through one drive a piece.

gonzo1105
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Perfect for playing in a place like Buffalo when the games count. Wind is low so its all about adjusting to cold and rain.

Neither has had sterling starts through one drive a piece.

I think Nassib has looked pretty decent so far. Penalties are what is killing Syracuse but Nassib had a TD pass that Lemon dropped, Smith on the other hand has looked very pedestrian. Something about Nassib just strikes me as a NFL QB. Body Type, arm strength etc. He does have a shorter weirder throwing motion tho

X-Era
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Smith making reads... Nice to see.

ZAZusmc03
12-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Geno blew that one

DraftBoy
12-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Whole lot of mediocre play thus far from both QB's.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Nassib has looked pretty decent so far. Penalties are what is killing Syracuse but Nassib had a TD pass that Lemon dropped, Smith on the other hand has looked very pedestrian. Something about Nassib just strikes me as a NFL QB. Body Type, arm strength etc. He does have a shorter weirder throwing motion tho

His placement is off, the two drops thus far were behind the WR when they needed to be in front and his two worst passes have been bailed out by PI calls.

His motion is never the same, its very odd. Its short but its a wind up. His footwork also concerns me.

X-Era
12-29-2012, 02:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

His placement is off, the two drops thus far were behind the WR when they needed to be in front and his two worst passes have been bailed out by PI calls.

His motion is never the same, its very odd. Its short but its a wind up. His footwork also concerns me.Geno lit it up early in the season but this is pretty much the write for the whole QB class this year IMO.

gonzo1105
12-29-2012, 03:02 PM

- - - Updated - - -

His motion is never the same, its very odd. Its short but its a wind up. His footwork also concerns me.

I could see that. I think the one that he got a PI call on was a back shoulder throw...if it was a back shoulder throw I thought it was pretty spot on

ServoBillieves
12-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh God that was a huge hit... Wind knocked out.

X-Era
12-29-2012, 05:01 PM
One game should not drastically affect a players stock but this can't help Geno at all. Two safeties? Ouch. The second he clearly held the ball way too long. It hasn't been all bad but he does make questionable decisions.

I really think he will be there for the Bills even if we pick at 11. The question is whether he's worth it still at that point. I'd much rather have the guy late 1st or 2nd round. KC would be crazy to take him 1st overall. He just isn't sure-fire enough to be worth that pick.

I still think he gets over-drafted and it could even be by the Bills. But, I'd feel a lot better about taking a player like Te'o at 6 through 10 and then moving back up in the bottom of the 1st for Geno.

I also think this makes someone like Tyler Wilson a real possibility to be the first QB taken... yes over Geno.

DraftBoy
12-29-2012, 05:06 PM
On the second one he technically went down due to an uncalled leg whip.

Also Bills Asst GM Doug Whaley is at the game.

X-Era
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
On the second one he technically went down due to an uncalled leg whip.

Also Bills Asst GM Doug Whaley is at the game.What do you think about him in this game?

clumping platelets
12-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Not impressed by Geno Smith :down:

stuckincincy
12-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope ESPN switches over to Texas - Oregon State. I want to watch the Longhorns' SS Vacarro.

coastal
12-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Nassib is a fourth round pick and not the savior of this franchise.

Night Train
12-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Not impressed by Geno Smith :down:

Agreed.

I'd rather select Tavon Austin early. That guy is lightning at WR and as a wingback out of the backfield. What a playmaker.

SquishDaFish
12-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Nassib is a fourth round pick and not the savior of this franchise.

Says the "Fools Gold" Asshat Poster of the year

DraftBoy
12-29-2012, 06:51 PM
What do you think about him in this game?

That Im really concerned with his hand size. It wasn't a good game at all for either QB.

Yasgur's Farm
12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Nassib is a fourth round pick and not the savior of this franchise.OK... So I'll take him in the 4th as our 2nd QB selected in this draft.

Extremebillsfan247
12-29-2012, 07:05 PM
The Bills picked a bad year to be desperate for a QB in the draft. It could easily become one of the worst QB classes in years.

YardRat
12-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Neither one of these guys is worth a first round risk.

Agreed.

I'd rather select Tavon Austin early. That guy is lightning at WR and as a wingback out of the backfield. What a playmaker.

Oh, damn...This (and other) boards would go ballistic if Nix pulled another BPA on Austin in the first two rounds.

BidsJr
12-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Looking forward to seeing Mike Glennon on Monday. He could be the first QB selected.

djjimkelly
12-29-2012, 11:18 PM
The Bills picked a bad year to be desperate for a QB in the draft. It could easily become one of the worst QB classes in years.

the year with smith and rodgers wasnt supposed to be a great year

and id take rodegers based on skill age and being the best over any qb in nfl so who knows

TacklingDummy
12-30-2012, 05:26 AM
I want no part of Geno Smith. He would be the Bills or anyone's next bust.

alohabillsfan
12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Pass on G. Smith