PDA

View Full Version : Bills need Browns / Arizona to win

Skooby
12-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but the Bills could use AZ / Cleve to win. This moves them out of a tie with us & allows us to draft ahead of them in all the draft rounds.

Browns vs Pittsburgh
Arizona vs San Fran

ServoBillieves
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Higher draft pick doesn't necessarily mean better player. Always remember that.

Skooby
12-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Higher draft pick doesn't necessarily mean better player. Always remember that.

No doubt but I'd rather have the choice than get left with other team's crumbs.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
No doubt but I'd rather have the choice than get left with other team's crumbs.

I have near zero confidence that the Bills FO would select the right player no matter where Buffalo picks. Even if they some how do, the Bills Coaching staff wont utilize the player the right way.

Night Train
12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I have near zero confidence that the Bills FO would select the right player no matter where Buffalo picks.

" His surgery and slow recovery from scoliosis didn't sway our opinion. We hope he can contibute on Special Teams in 2014 ! " :up:

coastal
12-29-2012, 05:52 PM
You can never have enough CBs

Skooby
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I have near zero confidence that the Bills FO would select the right player no matter where Buffalo picks. Even if they some how do, the Bills Coaching staff wont utilize the player the right way.

I agree with the guys we have now, we're going nowhere. Hopefully that all changes soon, hopefully.

kishoph
12-30-2012, 03:21 AM
You can never have enough CBs

Every time you post something pertaining to this, I laugh at how stupid it sounds. First off the CB position is one of the most important positions on the team, considering how this has turned into a passing league. Then look at the Bills history of drafting CB's with their 1st pick. In the last 10 years they have drafted 2, McKelvin and Gilmore and both are still on the team and contributing. You can go back another 10 years and the total is 4, adding Clements and Winfield, both of whom are still playing. So in 20 years the Bills have used their 1st pick on a CB, 4 times and all are still playing in the NFL. Of course if you want to add Donte Whitner, a saftey, he just made the pro-bowl. Find a new shtick already.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 03:42 AM
If you're going by draft order, as long as Buffalo loses, Cleveland and Arizona are both meaningless as both will finish with a higher SOS.

As long as Buffalo loses the worst spot they'll get is 6th. Hope for a Detroit and Pilly win as that will vault us over them as long as we lose.

Now if we win...we need Browns, Cardinals, Titans, Chargers, Bucs wins to stay in 6th. Basically if we win and combined loses by any of those teams and we fall one more spot.

The lowest we can go is 11th and 4th is the highest.

Skooby
12-30-2012, 05:19 AM
If you're going by draft order, as long as Buffalo loses, Cleveland and Arizona are both meaningless as both will finish with a higher SOS.

As long as Buffalo loses the worst spot they'll get is 6th. Hope for a Detroit and Pilly win as that will vault us over them as long as we lose.

Now if we win...we need Browns, Cardinals, Titans, Chargers, Bucs wins to stay in 6th. Basically if we win and combined loses by any of those teams and we fall one more spot.

The lowest we can go is 11th and 4th is the highest.

You're correct for the 1st round but they rotate teams tied with the same record in the following rounds. Let's say AZ / Buffalo both end up at 5-11, Buffalo gets the 5th pick / AZ the 6th. In round 2 AZ gets the 37th pick / Buffalo the 38th. Round 3 Buffalo drafts ahead again. Now if not tied in record, Buffalo drafts 5th / 37th instead of 5th / 38th if tied. This is all based on assuming Buffalo loses as well, even though the odds makers think different.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 06:28 AM
You're correct for the 1st round but they rotate teams tied with the same record in the following rounds. Let's say AZ / Buffalo both end up at 5-11, Buffalo gets the 5th pick / AZ the 6th. In round 2 AZ gets the 37th pick / Buffalo the 38th. Round 3 Buffalo drafts ahead again. Now if not tied in record, Buffalo drafts 5th / 37th instead of 5th / 38th if tied. This is all based on assuming Buffalo loses as well, even though the odds makers think different.

The Browns also don't have their 2nd round pick for getting Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

By the way, he's 4 catches away from 50 on the year. I remember you saying that him getting 40 would be a miracle at the time of the Supplemental Draft.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 07:39 AM
as long as we get a winning head coach and a top qb

ParanoidAndroid
12-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Every time you post something pertaining to this, I laugh at how stupid it sounds. First off the CB position is one of the most important positions on the team, considering how this has turned into a passing league. Then look at the Bills history of drafting CB's with their 1st pick. In the last 10 years they have drafted 2, McKelvin and Gilmore and both are still on the team and contributing. You can go back another 10 years and the total is 4, adding Clements and Winfield, both of whom are still playing. So in 20 years the Bills have used their 1st pick on a CB, 4 times and all are still playing in the NFL. Of course if you want to add Donte Whitner, a saftey, he just made the pro-bowl. Find a new shtick already.

....3 out of 5 first round DB's are pro bowlers. McKelvin was competetive this year as a special teams selection, and Gilmore looks like he will be good as well. Looks to me like DB is a safe way to go in the 1st round.