PDA

View Full Version : 2013 QB class. Who do you want? If any.

hemi13
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
With yet another lost season behind us, well a few hours away anyway. It’s time to look ahead to the 2013 draft and replacing a subpar quarterback in Fitzpatrick. Here is a list of the best available QB’s in this draft. I’m leaving out Geno Smith because he won’t be there by the time we pick. Not to mention, he didn’t impress me in the Pin Stripe Bowl against Syracuse. Who do you want to be in Buffalo next season.
1. Matt Barkley USC - All USC QB’s scare me. Completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,273 yards, 36 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. The senior didn't play well against Stanford, Washington and was just average against California.
2. Tyler Wilson ARK - He had some good games and some rather average performances. Wilson completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,387 yards, 21 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 2012. Wilson flashed some great passing ability at times and there were other times where his decision-making was off.
3. Tyler Bray Tennessee - Had a bunch of uneven games this year. He was repeatedly been hurt by dropped passes, but also had some shaky decision-making. The junior completed 59 percent of his passes this season, collecting 3,612 yards, 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
4. Landry Jones OU - Jones has completed 66 percent of his passes for 3,745 yards, 27 touchdowns and nine interceptions. The senior has gotten hot lately and showed some real growth by leading comeback wins at West Virginia and at home against Oklahoma State. In the past, he has struggled when his team has fallen behind to a quality opponent.
5. Tajh Boyd Clemson - Boyd has played well in 2012. He is improved from his sophomore season as a passer, a decision-maker and a runner. Boyd has completed 67 percent of his passes this year for 3,550 yards, 34 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He has run for 706 yards (492 net) and nine touchdowns, too.
6. Ryan Nassib Syracuse - Nassib has completed 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has displayed intelligence and accuracy this season. Syracuse doesn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib has played better than his numbers indicate. I like this kid. He’s smart, but I watch a lot of SU games. So take that or what it’s worth.
7. Mike Glennon NC State - Glennon has completed 57 percent of his passes for 3,648 yards, 30 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He has played better than his numbers indicate the same as Nassib.

The one kid out there that makes me wonder – Jordan Rodgers Vanderbilt
Projected to be a project, but is the younger brother of Aaron Rodgers. Might not get drafted, but will be invited to someone’s camp. I wonder if we could turn into something with the right coaches.

So who do you want in this weak draft?

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Tyler Wilson or Aaron Murray.

E.J. Manuel could be interesting in the mid rounds.

cbatl32
12-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Give me Glennon. Big arm, quick release, poised in the pocket and accurate passer. Watch his games versus FSU and Miami. He's under tons of pressure and his WRs can't get any separation. Plus they drop tons of balls. Glennon consistently delivers accurate passes into very tight windows.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 08:25 AM
I like the Murray kid from Georgia. Wilson or Glennon I could live with. Manuel (as FTY already said) or Scott from Arizona in a later round.

A guy to watch out for in a couple of seasons...Andrew Maxwell from Mich State...young man has a cannon and I thought he looked pretty decent last night.

better days
12-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Give me Glennon. Big arm, quick release, poised in the pocket and accurate passer. Watch his games versus FSU and Miami. He's under tons of pressure and his WRs can't get any separation. Plus they drop tons of balls. Glennon consistently delivers accurate passes into very tight windows.

I am with you, Glennon. And I would also take Rodgers in the 6th if he is there.

wozrob11
12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Tyler Wilson by far !!! Would of had a great season if his coach didnt crash a bike with a hot blonde on the back . oh and a couple of injuries also held him back to , but picking him at 5,6,7,or 8 is a bit of a reach if Manti is there we got to pull the trigger

BidsJr
12-30-2012, 08:42 AM
I watched Glennons game vs FSU and came away impressed. Looking forward to watching him tomorrow. He intrigues me the most at this point, I think he could be the first QB taken in the draft.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 08:47 AM
it's actually a good qb class. not great but solid...

glennon, wilson, barkley, smith, jones, murray are all on my list...

i like murray being an sec guy

gonzo1105
12-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm taking Glennon as well. Big, tall, accurate arm who would seem to do well in a play action passing system which is something the bills should run because of their duo of running backs. Geno Smith never throws the ball down field. I know that he has a good arm and that is not really an issue but all I see is 10 yard hitches and bubble screens from him.

Nassib has a lot of mechanical work that needs to be done and can't help someone right away.

Is Wilson another Petrino wiz kid? Petrino made Brian Brohm look great and look how bad Brohm turned out. Petrino was gone this year and Wilson looked like Brohm did in the pros. Not saying its going to happen but thats gotta scare you.

Landry Jones struggles playing on the road. In college. What makes me think that all of a sudden that hes going to start winning in the pros when he goes into NFL stadiums.

If I'm forced to take a QB in this draft my order would be as follows: Glennon, Smith, Boyd, Wilson(like his moxy), Barkley, Jones, Bray, Nassib

imbondz
12-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Barkley had a disappointing year. I was high on him in the beginning of the year. Tyler Bray played on a terrible UT team and was inconsistent. They were always playing from way behind. 0-everything in the SEC. Vandy has an excellent 2nd year coach and it'll be interesting to see how/if Rodgers develops, great kid, only played 2 years tho in college I think due to a shoulder injury he had surgery on. completion %age is under 60%. maybe he's the Eli to Aaron. don't know anything about the others.

i'm curious about Ryan Nassib - Nassib has completed 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year.

Those are great stats even tho SU doesn't play anyone good.

tampabay25690
12-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Tyler Wilson or Aaron Murray.

E.J. Manuel could be interesting in the mid rounds.

Wilson if any of those guys.
Murray and Manuel will be clipboard holders for there whole careers.

tampabay25690
12-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Just curious why everyone likes Aaron Murray?

DraftBoy
12-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Geno, Wilson, Dysert, Nassib, Renfree in that order.

X-Era
12-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Geno, Wilson, Dysert, Nassib, Renfree in that order.I'd agree with this. I'm not huge on Glennon.

ServoBillieves
12-30-2012, 09:32 AM
What's the knock on Landry Jones? I've only seen him play once but his stats don't look half bad?

X-Era
12-30-2012, 09:34 AM
What's the knock on Landry Jones? I've only seen him play once but his stats don't look half bad?
Some question his mental fortitude. He seems to get rattled pretty easy.

I like him more than most.

DraftBoy
12-30-2012, 09:36 AM

That he struggles in any conditions that aren't perfect.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Just curious why everyone likes Aaron Murray?

Doesn't have a cannon for an arm or ideal measurables, but the kid produces and has all of the intangibles one should want in a leader. Decent on all throws, good pocket awareness, runs through progressions, puts up numbers with huge talent on the outside, and without. He looks like a winner to me, and his resume is pretty solid. Looked really good against 'Bama, and it doesn't get any tougher than that at the college level.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I really don't like Geno Smith, hope he's gone before our pick.

tampabay25690
12-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Your stats would look good in the big 12 too

tampabay25690
12-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Doesn't have a cannon for an arm or ideal measurables, but the kid produces and has all of the intangibles one should want in a leader. Decent on all throws, good pocket awareness, runs through progressions, puts up numbers with huge talent on the outside, and without. He looks like a winner to me, and his resume is pretty solid. Looked really good against 'Bama, and it doesn't get any tougher than that at the college level.

Ok fair point.
Guy doesn't seem big as a leader, saw him play many games and play high school ball in Tampa.
Never won a real big game ever.
If you want a #2 or 3 guy then he is a good choice.

k-oneputt
12-30-2012, 10:12 AM
I'll tell you who you don't want, Murray, Manuel, and G. Smith.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I really don't like Geno Smith, hope he's gone before our pick.

dont get so hung up on one game... the kid has great talent

ServoBillieves
12-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Your stats would look good in the big 12 too

Touche.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 10:17 AM
dont get so hung up on one game... the kid has great talent

My opinion has very little to do with yesterday's loss to 'Cuse.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 10:19 AM
My opinion has very little to do with yesterday's loss to 'Cuse.

ok, then what is different from smith and rg3 coming out?

jlgarsh
12-30-2012, 10:22 AM
When watching the SEC Championship, Murray took some huge hits (not to mention that cheap shot that the refs missed), but kept going. He reminds me of Drew Brees. If he declares, I think the Bills would be smart to choose him or Tyler Wilson.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 10:30 AM

Do you seriously consider them on the same level coming out?

Ingtar33
12-30-2012, 10:31 AM
*i've only seen a few of these guys , so take this opinion with a grain of salt... of the guys i've seen this is the ranking i'd give them.

1) Geno Smith
2) EJ Manuel - think you guys are undervaluing this kid
3) Mike Glennon
4) Tyler Wilson
5) Matt Barkley
6) Landry Jones

That's my list of the top QB prospects.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Ok fair point.
Guy doesn't seem big as a leader, saw him play many games and play high school ball in Tampa.
Never won a real big game ever.
If you want a #2 or 3 guy then he is a good choice.

stafford was the same, so was ryan

TacklingDummy
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd only take the chance on Barkley.
I want no part of GBust Smith.

k-oneputt
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Really ?

k-oneputt
12-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Murray doesn't have enough arm, especially playing in Buffalo.

We have that qb right now.

tampabay25690
12-30-2012, 11:07 AM
stafford was the same, so was ryan

What?????
That's ridiculous!

gonzo1105
12-30-2012, 11:18 AM
*i've only seen a few of these guys , so take this opinion with a grain of salt... of the guys i've seen this is the ranking i'd give them.

1) Geno Smith
3) Mike Glennon
4) Tyler Wilson
5) Matt Barkley
6) Landry Jones

E.J Manuel is not a quarterback you want. I am a Florida State fan and I said the same thing about Christian Ponder that he will not be successful at the NFL level. **** he's barely acceptable at the college level. If you want a great guy to get off the bus first pick Manuel makes sense because of his measurable. Unless you want an injury prone, lofts the ball all the time on all throws, and very inaccurate on the deep ball quarterback, who makes non nonsensical decisions with the football, I'd recommend staying away from Manuel. He has been such a huge disappointment at Florida State that FSU people feel he is the reason why they lost two games this year against such a soft schedule. FSU's defense ranked number 2 in the country only behind Alabama and their offense is what has struggled even behind improved running games and offensive line play. Manuel is mostly to blame for this.

Don't Panic
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Some question his mental fortitude. He seems to get rattled pretty easy.

I like him more than most.

my OU buddy was done with him until midseason this year. He says he saw a change in him that he didn't think was possible. I'd take a chance on him, but no higher than the 3rd round.

coastal
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
We will be drafting Tyler Wilson in the first.

Don't Panic
12-30-2012, 02:54 PM

geno is no rgiii, but he could become close to it. Griffin played at a higher level this time last year. I also think he is a lot smarter QBwise than geno is. I'd still prefer geno if he slides to us over anyone else though.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 02:55 PM
We will be drafting Tyler Wilson in the first.

That would be a monumental gaff and if we hire a new GM and that's his choice, 3 years from now people will be calling for his head just based on that pick.

Way too early for Wilson.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I still want Geno Smith, unfortunately this win might have pushed him out of trade range. Thanks, Fitz.

kingJofNYC
12-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Smith, Wilson, Dysert, Nassib

Syderick
12-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson or Aaron Murray.

kishoph
12-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I want Tyler Wilson (wanted him all year), but I wouldn't be disappointed with Glennon.

TigerJ
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not interested in Barkley. I like Tyler Wilson. I'm not interested in Tyler Bray. I think he's going to be a head case in the NFL. I'm interested in EJ Manuel and Ryan Nassib. I'd be OK with Glennon, Boyd or Jones.

BidsJr
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I watched Glennons game vs FSU and came away impressed. Looking forward to watching him tomorrow. He intrigues me the most at this point, I think he could be the first QB taken in the draft.

Glennon is now the top QB on Kipers Big Board FWIW.

BidsJr
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
I also called Tannehill to the first round last year, long before he was on any of the experts radar. For some reason I cannot search that far back in the BIllzone database for the thread.

Mr. Magoo
01-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Arron Murray

CleveSteve
01-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Murray is going back to school (he's 2014 class.)

Mouldsie
01-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Wilson, Smith, Nassib, and Dysert are of interest. I really want to wait until 2014 or 2015 though if I can....

Bert102176
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
I am with you, Glennon. And I would also take Rodgers in the 6th if he is there.we have no 6th we traded it for t-jax

Bert102176
01-09-2013, 04:54 PM
I like Nassib

Don't Panic
01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Geno, Barkley, Jones and Bray are the 4 I'm seeing that would be worth drafting.

The last buffalo fan
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM

1) Geno Smith
3) Mike Glennon
4) Tyler Wilson
5) Matt Barkley
6) Landry Jones

In your opinion, is any of those guys worth our first pick?

Joe Fo Sho
01-09-2013, 08:13 PM
we have no 6th we traded it for t-jax

We only gave up a 7th for Tarvaris.

Tatonka
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
i personally cant stand glennon. his brother sucked at vtech and while he is better, he thinks his arm is much better than it is.. he takes stupid chances.. see the 5 int game he had in his bowl game this year.

EDS
01-10-2013, 09:19 AM
I just hope this doesn't turn out like 2007. As you will recall, the Bills drafted the guy with the most career passing yards from that QB class. Problem is, that guy was Trent Edwards and that QB class was awful (JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, etc.).

justasportsfan
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
1 Wilson
2 Nassib

User Manuel
01-10-2013, 09:27 AM
I watched Nassib live against Temple at the Linc this year and he impressed me, but it was Temple. Played well, including bowl in bad weather, when i have seen him on TV. I wouldn't be afraid to give him a shot if MArrone and Hackett believe he is NFL caliber.

I think Bills sign free agent and draft qb in round 2 or 3.