PDA

View Full Version : Black Monday

jamze132
12-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, it's that time of the year again.

Plan A - Fire Gailey, fire Wannstadt, release Fitz.
- Do whatever it takes to get a HC with winning experience

Plan B - Keep Gailey, fire Wannstadt, release Fitz
- Do whatever it takes to sign QB Alex Smith since the QB crop for 13' looks ****ty at best.

Plan C - Keep Gailey, fire Wannstadt, release Fitz
- Draft the best QB available in RD1 and pray

No way Wanny makes it to next season as our DC. And I can't see Brandon and Nix keeping Fitz around even if they keep Gailey. They have to sell tickets!!!! If Gailey goes, Fitz is gone as well so it doesn't look good for Fitz either way. So we're obviously going to look hard at QB during FA and the draft and we're are also in the market for a DC. And don't forget about the LBs we need.

IMO, QB Alex Smith solves a couple of problems. We could focus on the LB corps during the draft and we wouldn't need to sit around for a year or two in order to develop a rookie QB, ESPECIALLY a rookie QB from the class of 2013, which isn't looking good.

DraftBoy
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/12/black-monday-looms/

psubills62
12-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't think Alex Smith solves anything. It's obvious he needs good coaching (and a great defense doesn't hurt), and guess what we don't have? Good coaching.

Keeping Gailey, IMO, doesn't do much. He's not going to find the assistants he needs to succeed. Everyone knows it's just a matter of time before he's fired, so why would any good DC come to Buffalo? Best chance we'd have is to take a flyer on a young position coach as DC...but if that's the case, why not take a flyer on finding a good HC?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Chan and Fitz will be back, I promise you.

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
STFU

Thief
12-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Pretty sure we have the three stooges again next year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
STFU
Don't shoot the messenger. I want them gone but have no faith in the tools running the show. So don't be a dick :)

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. I want them gone but have no faith in the tools running the show. So don't be a dick :)

Im hearing from all over Chan is gone so I dont know where you got your sources

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I literally have ZERO clue how Brandon tries to sell this team with Nix, Gailey and Fitz still here next year.

I'm gonna guess he has no clue either and likely Littman has the same thoughts.

Littman and Brandon basically run this organization so they just get in Ralph's ear with these concerns and someone/s out of the trifecta of suck will be gone.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Im hearing from all over Chan is gone so I dont know where you got your sources
Sources? LOL. I draw my conclusion from watching this cluster fark for so long!

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Well even idiots that run a cluster **** have to realize when to let go of someone

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Well even idiots that run a cluster **** have to realize when to let go of someone
Rational people would assume this.... But it's the Bills.... There is no reason at 1BD

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Rational people would assume this.... But it's the Bills.... There is no reason at 1BD

There is reason, it's about revenue.

Keeping the trifecta of suck intact will have a negative impact on the revenue stream.

That's why at least one part of it will be gone next year because something has to be done in order to try and sell the product.

dannyek71
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
The Bills will do just enough to make us all reasonably excited about the year, but in reality we will end up in 6-10/7-9 country once again.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
The Bills will do just enough to make us all reasonably excited about the year, but in reality we will end up in 6-10/7-9 country once again.

Looking at our schedule and how far we are off talent wise, I think 6-10 would be a very good year with a new regime and for a change of pace a step in the right direction.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Interesting possible development and may force the hands a 1BD to fire Nix.

Whaley is apparently on Cleveland's short list of potential GM hires.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/cleveland_browns_likely_short.html

kishoph
12-30-2012, 04:41 PM
I literally have ZERO clue how Brandon tries to sell this team with Nix, Gailey and Fitz still here next year.

Bring back TO ? :woot:

X-Era
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Interesting possible development and may force the hands a 1BD to fire Nix.

Whaley is apparently on Cleveland's short list of potential GM hires.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/cleveland_browns_likely_short.htmlGood. Whaley being promoted here may be a domino for Cowher.