PDA

View Full Version : Calm down draftniks!!! It's not like they fell out of the Top 10!!!

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
So the Bills might pick 9th instead of 6th. This team has many holes and needs lets be rational. Even if Manti Teo isnt there with the 9th pick there will be other players at that spot that fill a position of need

And if the decision has been made to turf Gailey and/or Nix prior to today, this game isnt gonna change anyones mind at OBD to bring them back

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
we can still get one of the top 5...

barkley, glennon, smith, wilson, murray...

i wouldnt mind any one of them. we might also bring in vick or something to compete and be a stop gap... jmo

Mike
12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Honestly, taking things into perspective this draft class is not nearly as good as last 2 for QBs, so the difference is minute. I would have preferred they sucked last year but no such luck.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Honestly, taking things into perspective this draft class is not nearly as good as last 2 for QBs, so the difference is minute. I would have preferred they sucked last year but no such luck.

im not sure about that...

there are 5 qbs that are good

Mike
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
im not sure about that...

there are 5 qbs that are good

There are no players like RG3, Luck, Wilson, Cam, Dalton, etc...

I would not mind Barkley but he might be Carson Palmer 2.0

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I'd actually like to trade down to be honest.

Take Warmack out of Alabama if Levitre goes...or take Eifert from ND.

Plus we'll pick up at least one more good pick to get more talent.

Not a big fan of the talent that will be available where we pick basically and the win today did nothing to change that opinion.

Novacane
12-30-2012, 03:35 PM
we can still get one of the top 5...

barkley, glennon, smith, wilson, murray...

i wouldnt mind any one of them. we might also bring in vick or something to compete and be a stop gap... jmo

Please NO!

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Please NO!

We can get Tebow too and have an open competition! :rofl:

X-Era
12-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Agree.

In actuality, Det and Philly both lost so moving up was never in play. We may have lost 2 draft slots.

Not a big deal.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM

You don't think there's anyone even of Dalton's level? That's a little much. I think there's quality to be found in this draft, just no plug and play superstars like Luck or RG3.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-30-2012, 03:50 PM
So the Bills might pick 9th instead of 6th. This team has many holes and needs lets be rational. Even if Manti Teo isnt there with the 9th pick there will be other players at that spot that fill a position of need

"Even if Patrick Willis isn't there with the 12th pick there will be other players..." and we got McKelvin. Or, McToast.
"Even if Andrew Luck isn't there with the 9th pick..." Stephon Gilmore.
"Even if..." No. Enough.

The players we've needed have always been out of reach, all because this team knows nothing about when to win and when to lose, which is just as important. Gailey and Nix are already out the door, and I suspect they did this just to spite the team so that they could leave one last parting shot.

Crisis
12-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Agree.

In actuality, Det and Philly both lost so moving up was never in play. We may have lost 2 draft slots.

Not a big deal.

Yeah, just like it wasn't a big deal when Patrick Willis was taken one spot ahead of us.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Agree.

Not a big deal.
Says the team that lost out on Patrick Willis and Von Miller by 1 slot.
1 meaningless win.
Those are just 2 that comes to mind.

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Gailey and Nix are already out the door, and I suspect they did this just to spite the team so that they could leave one last parting shot.

Lol You have got to be kidding.. So Gailey coached harder today and decided to make good decisions to stick it to the Bills lol The Bills beat a team that was running for the bus faster than they were nothing more.nothing less..

I also dont play the " we could have had this guy if we lost one more game"
I do play the "Instead of taking Torrell Troup we could have drafted Rob Gronkowski.." "instead of taking Aaaron Williams we could have drafted Andy Dalton"

kingJofNYC
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, just like it wasn't a big deal when Patrick Willis was taken one spot ahead of us.

What about when Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Aldon Smith, and JJ Watt were taken below us?

Can play this game all day.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Lol You have got to be kidding.. So Gailey coached harder today and decided to make good decisions to stick it to the Bills lol The Bills beat a team that was running for the bus faster than they were nothing more.nothing less..

I do play the "Instead of taking Torrell Troup we could have drafted Rob Gronkowski.." "instead of taking Aaaron Williams we could have drafted Andy Dalton"

Instead of taking Donte Whitner we could have drafted Jay Cutler and instead of drafting McCargo we could have drafted Mangold.

Then we wouldn't have this pesky QB problem still, years later.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
If anybody, new or old, even for a second considers bringing in Vick we are screwed for another three seasons.

coastal
12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Look at what being a Bills fan has become... we now have detailed arguments about the value of sucking enough to get just the right player.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:06 PM
If anybody, new or old, even for a second considers bringing in Vick we are screwed for another three seasons.

Eh...you can bring in Vick and then draft a similar skill set QB under him to learn the ropes.

Vick business wise is a smart move. He'll sell tickets and merch. Football wise it's meh as the guy is a turnover machine but unlike the current turnover machine Vick can make plays.

Still wouldn't want him but don't think he'd set the franchise back.

X-Era
12-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Says the team that lost out on Patrick Willis and Von Miller by 1 slot.
1 meaningless win.
Those are just 2 that comes to mind.
It's not a big deal right now today.

Who knows who we will miss out on by one or two picks. A ton has to be done to determine that.

And if we get to the draft and see we won't likely get the guy that we need... get a set of balls and move up a few spots.

Crisis
12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
What about when Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Aldon Smith, and JJ Watt were taken below us?

So having fewer options available for a team that never drafts well is a good thing now? But hey, don't worry, we'll keep winning meaningless games and this franchise will never able to get their hands on the "cant miss" prospects like Luck while we end up trading back into the 1st for our franchise players like McCargo and Losman... or a runningback that will get traded for a few mid round draft picks in a couple seasons.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
So having fewer options available for a team that never drafts well is a good thing now? But hey, don't worry, we'll keep winning meaningless games and this franchise will never able to get their hands on the "cant miss" prospects like Luck while we end up trading back into the 1st for our franchise players like McCargo and Losman... or a runningback that will get traded for a few mid round draft picks in a couple seasons.

That comes down to your talent evaluators making poor decisions. Not that you win "meaningless" games in week 17.

Trading up, the year we took McCargo, wouldn't have looked bad if we selected Mangold instead.

Novacane
12-30-2012, 04:14 PM

You are right. Our terrible drafting has been a much bigger problem than where we drafted. We could of given up a 2nd and moved up 2 spots for Willis.

X-Era
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM
You are right. Our terrible drafting has been a much bigger problem than where we drafted. We could of given up a 2nd and moved up 2 spots for Willis.Yes we could have. And I don't hold draft picks as dear as many do. We should be much more willing to move IMO.

But you better be right if you do it.

kishoph
12-30-2012, 04:34 PM

What were the good decisions that he made, loosing 2 challenges, 1 of them an idiotic challenge, or maybe running Spiller into the middle of the line all day, instead of to the outside where he was having success, or was it allowing his DC to continue playing in the nickle while the Jets were tearing us apart on the ground ? The Bills won because of the Jets futility in the red zone, a pick 6 by Scott and a 1 yd pass turned into a 66 yard TD by Spiller, not good decisions by Gailey. Gailey was no better today than any of the other games he's mismanaged this season.

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2012, 04:41 PM
What were the good decisions that he made, loosing 2 challenges, 1 of them an idiotic challenge, or maybe running Spiller into the middle of the line all day, instead of to the outside where he was having success, or was it allowing his DC to continue playing in the nickle while the Jets were tearing us apart on the ground ?

I never saw the game and didnt hear it on the radio. And I was being sarcastic..

Raptor
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM

I wonder when its going to start to dawn on people that Peterson has been no where near worth the spot he was selected?

He's an average CB at best that is going to be moved to Safety within a year or two. Only thing he has excelled at so far is on ST's

kingJofNYC
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM
As others pointed out, it comes down to talent evaluation, we've had plenty of option over the last thirteen years, we just keep ****ing them up. Instead of trading picks to move up for Big Ben, we go and get Losman. Need a pass rusher, take Maybin over Orakpo.

Making the right evaluations is where this organization has failed repeatedly.

I wonder when its going to start to dawn on people that Peterson has been no where near worth the spot he was selected?

He's an average CB at best that is going to be moved to Safety within a year or two. Only thing he has excelled at so far is on ST's

Quarterbacks have a 53 QB Rating when throwing/targeting Peterson this season. Ranks number one on Advancednflstats.com and 5th by profootballfocus.

Im sures he's going to safety by 2015! Lol

TigerJ
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Out of that group, only RG3 and Luck were considered can't miss prospects. Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton had detractors who raised questions about their prospects for pro success. Russel Wilson was too short. Cam Newton was a one year wonder who played in a non-conventional offense. Andy Dalton was a system QB with a less than great arm whose college success might not translate top the NFL. I think Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, Mike Glennon all compare to them. Each has potential, and each also has detractors and something about the9ir college background that might indicate a less than stellar NFL career. Any one of them or any few of them might be very successful, but it's not likely that every one of them will.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Dalton like he's something special?

He ain't much better than Fitzpatrick.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Dalton is going to be a very good QB. I wish Buffalo drafted him

kingJofNYC
12-30-2012, 05:08 PM

AJ and Co make him look better than he is.

Joe Fo Sho
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
It's not a problem of where we pick, it's a problem of who we pick.

There has been plenty of talent both before and after the Bills draft picks, it doesn't matter. It's not like there is going to be absolutely zero talent left after the first 5 picks.

When people say that we missed out on X player because of a meaningless win, they can also point out that we missed out on Y player because we aren't good at drafting. There will be talent no matter where we pick.

TigerJ
12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I expect Buffalo is going to draft about 8th. That's fine by me.

stuckincincy
12-30-2012, 05:28 PM

I remarked in week 2 or 3 that I thought he's regressed - in part because of the play calling of Jay Gruden. Having seen all his CIN games so far, He's a step up from former OC Bratkowski, but that's not saying much.

I just don't understand the touting of him for a HC job.

gonzo1105
12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Unless there is a massive run on Quarterback's I really don't think that us losing two spots is going to affect us that much this year. The top 10 is going to be based big time around defensive and offensive lineman. You could argue that we could use our first pick on an OT but I don't think we would. I know that Jax, Arizona, Cleveland, Oakland, KC and maybe even Philly could all take a QB but I just dont think the value is there to see more than two QB's go before we pick. I actually only at this time see one QB going before us in Geno Smith.

As of right now I see the top 7 picks going something like this:

KC- Geno Smith QB WVU(or whomever emerges as the number 1 pick)
Jax- Demontre Moore DE Texas A and M
Oakland- Star Lotuleliu DT Utah
Philly- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A and M
Detroit- Manti Teo LB Notre Dame
Cleveland- Bjoern Werner DE FSU
Arizona- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
Buffalo-?????

I really only see Philly taking one of two players that being Joeckel and DeMarcus Milliner the corner from Alabama
Detroit could go OT, LB, or CB
Arizona, if they dont get a crack at one of the top two OT's(Lewan or Joeckel) I believe will take the 2nd best QB whether its Barkley, Glennon, or Wilson.

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Jake Matthews please.

X-Era
12-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Jake Matthews please.Reach for a Tackle we don't need? No thanks.

If we had no players there worthy of the pick and that were also needs maybe. I don't think we will be in that situation.

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Reach for a Tackle we don't need? No thanks.

If we had no players there worthy of the pick and that were also needs maybe. I don't think we will be in that situation.
Reach for a tackle who's the son of a HOF offensive linemen and shutdown Barkevoius Mingo this year?

reach for a RT when we have Pears, Hairston and Young?

let it begin.

Matthews is my guy!

X-Era
12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Reach for a tackle who's the son of a HOF offensive linemen and shutdown Barkevoius Mingo this year?

reach for a RT when we have Pears, Hairston and Young?

let it begin.

Matthews is my guy!Casey Matthews is his nephew as well and Clay Matthews is his brother... How's he doing?

Pedigree may help but isn't a given. Hairston shut down Quinton Coples at times as well... Your point?

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
My point is that you should all listen to me.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Teo or trade down to pick up another 2nd and get our QB there

Mike
12-31-2012, 02:23 AM

And if the decision has been made to turf Gailey and/or Nix prior to today, this game isnt gonna change anyones mind at OBD to bring them back

It was a very meaningless win which means that this win gives the Bills no direct benefit but may cost the Bills a potentially opportunity to draft a better caliber player. Teo is one example as is Tyler Wilson, and even Matt Barkley a QB who would have been a top 5 pick last year. All cost no benefit.