PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills be running a 3-4

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:35 PM
With Dareus on the nose, Kyle on weak side end, and Mario Williams on strong side end.

Kyle Moore (resigned) and Anderson playing Talley's spot, shep playing 3-4 kill and fill linebacker that he should be and Bradham playing strong side?

that leaves one ILB spot vacant... Because Barnett sucks...

But to me this seems to be a better use of our talent.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I like the idea but dont know if we should change again

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I like the idea but dont know if we should change again
Why wouldn't we change if it suits our personnel better?

SquishDaFish
12-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Learning a new scheme again BUT if we do change coaches like they are saying we are going to Might as well do it

cookie G
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Should we worry about teaching guys to shed blocks, fill a gap or tackle in the open field rather than worrying about how many have their hand in the dirt?

jimmifli
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
With Dareus on the nose, Kyle on weak side end, and Mario Williams on strong side end.

Kyle Moore (resigned) and Anderson playing Talley's spot, shep playing 3-4 kill and fill linebacker that he should be and Bradham playing strong side?

that leaves one ILB spot vacant... Because Barnett sucks...

But to me this seems to be a better use of our talent.

Barnett sucks but you have a spot on the roster for Shep? I don't get that. Barnett and possibly Bradham are the only NFL quality LB's on the team.

Shep should be on the bench, he's worse than Poz ever was.

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Barnett sucks but you have a spot on the roster for Shep? I don't get that. Barnett and possibly Bradham are the only NFL quality LB's on the team.

Shep should be on the bench, he's worse than Poz ever was.
He's being used wrong... He's not a read and react 4-3 MLB.

Give him a 3-4 gap to fill and dreadlocks be coolin'.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 06:45 PM
no. we need to just stick with our 43... christ

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Should we worry about teaching guys to shed blocks, fill a gap or tackle in the open field rather than worrying about how many have their hand in the dirt?
Why not both?

ServoBillieves
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
43/34/cover 2/tampa 2 hybrid!!!!! ONLY 8 MONTHS TO FIGURE THIS **** OUT!!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
u r going to mess with the development of dareus/carrington/bradham/shepp...

stop!

jimmifli
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
He's being used wrong... He's not a read and react 4-3 MLB.

Give him a 3-4 gap to fill and dreadlocks be coolin'.

I hear that about lots of players. The good ones are good no matter how they are used. I just don't see it with him.

Can you think of any memorable plays he's made this year? I can't.

YardRat
cookie has a point about getting these guys up on the basics first, but instead of switching back to a 34 I'd rather run a modified 43 with five guys on the line, a 52 if you will, similar to what Phillips has run some in Houston. We'd need to get Te'o, or at least a major upgrade to Shepphard, to pull it off, though, and wouldn't have to drastically change the roster or stick guys (Moore, Anderson, Williams) in positions they don't belong (OLB).

Mario-Kyle-Dareus-Moore-Bradham with Te'o in the 'middle'. Move Shepphard to the outside, get a FA or keep Barnett and have him be the first one off the field in nickel packages.

I really like the pass-rushing opportunities from a five man line, even if rushing only four most of the time. The key is which four are going, and who is dropping back into a zone or picking up the back/TE.

Run man-to-man on the outside, zone under in either a Cover 1 or Cover 2 shell depending on down/distance/formation.

coastal
How is putting players into positions to be successful detrimental to their development?

OpIv37
Why wouldn't we change if it suits our personnel better?

it really doesn't suit our personnel better.

The problem with our D is a) lack of LB's and b) Wannstadt's an idiot.

We don't even have 3 decent LBs- I don't want to switch to a system where our base set requires 4.

coastal
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
I hear that about lots of players. The good ones are good no matter how they are used. I just don't see it with him.

Can you think of any memorable plays he's made this year? I can't.
Fair enough... But I'd like to simplify his life and let him hit.

cookie G
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Why not both?

Get Kirby Smart, if it'll make you happy.

He runs a base 3-4 with a lot of 4-3 looks. And it'll make the blitzing crowd happy, because he will blitz.

BUT......

his players know where to line up. They are rarely beaten on a screen, or a reverse, or a cut back run.

They know where they are supposed to be, and know how to get there.

jimmifli
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
cookie has a point about getting these guys up on the basics first, but instead of switching back to a 34 I'd rather run a modified 43 with five guys on the line, a 52 if you will, similar to what Phillips has run some in Houston. We'd need to get Te'o, or at least a major upgrade to Shepphard, to pull it off, though, and wouldn't have to drastically change the roster or stick guys (Moore, Anderson, Williams) in positions they don't belong (OLB).

Mario-Kyle-Dareus-Moore-Bradham with Te'o in the 'middle'. Move Shepphard to the outside, get a FA or keep Barnett and have him be the first one off the field in nickel packages.

I really like the pass-rushing opportunities from a five man line, even if rushing only four most of the time. The key is which four are going, and who is dropping back into a zone or picking up the back/TE.

Run man-to-man on the outside, zone under in either a Cover 1 or Cover 2 shell depending on down/distance/formation.

The Giants have run a lot of sets with three safeties for a few years now and I think it might fit our personel as well. If only we had a creative DC like them. :(

YardRat
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
How is putting players into positions to be successful detrimental to their development?

I don't think putting 43 DE's at OLB is putting them into a position to succeed, it's setting them up to fail, as we've already seen in the not-to-distant past.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Why would we put Mario Williams at 3-4 DE? He had a decent start as a 3-4 OLB.

jimmifli
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Fair enough... But I'd like to simplify his life and let him hit.
Sure, I'm not against trying to put players in a position that suits them. I just don't see it making much difference. And if it means putting DE's in a coverage role, I've seen that show before...

coastal
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think putting 43 DE's at OLB is putting them into a position to succeed, it's setting them up to fail, as we've already seen in the not-to-distant past.
Tally has said that Moore filled very much the same role as he did... and well!

coastal
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Why would we put Mario Williams at 3-4 DE? He had a decent start as a 3-4 OLB.where Mario had success was when he had someone off balance.

Let him shoot some gaps with backers dancing behind him... And he might begin to shine for realz.

YardRat
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Tally has said that Moore filled very much the same role as he did... and well!

I don't see it. Talley didn't line up at scrimmage as much, and dropped back into coverage far more.

Night Train
12-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I hate the 3-4.

Find 2 LB's in this off-season. DL is talented.