PDA

View Full Version : the season has come and gone

BillsOwnAll
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
This is the first football season in my life where i just wasn't even excited for Sundays, it was actually disappointing when sunday came cause it meant monday was close! Cheers to the bills ruining football for us! I live in mass, noone knows why im a bills fan, but ive been for my whole life, im 24, ive never seen the bills be relevant. Sometimes i lay in bed and wonder what life would be like if I was like everyone else around me and was a pats fan. Its sad my most enjoyable football moments were the two giants pats super bowl!

Do you guys feel your love for football dwindling soley because of the bills.

PS. We need hockey

kingJofNYC
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Definitely need hockey back!

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
I've felt that way for a while. Watching the Bills has become a chore. I'm hoping that it will be fun again one day. but I'm convinced that will never happen as long as Ralph owns the team. Now that the Bills are essentially locked in Buffalo for 10 years, I can't wait for an ownership change.

BillsOwnAll
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Yah I knew it hit rock bottom when my friends started feeling sorry for me rather then talk smack.

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Today was the quintessential example.

I can't stand Mark Sanchez because he went from USC- Notre Dame's biggest rivalry, to a division rival of the Bills. Today, he completely embarrassed himself. He had two turnovers, and should have had two more if Wilson (or was it Scott?) got a little lucky or if Aaron Williams could catch. And this was a guy who has lit us up over the past few years. It was glorious to see how far he's regressed. And it was glorious to see the Bills simply trying to run to kill the clock and the Jets being so incapable of stopping it that they gave up another score, to our 3rd string running back.

But the fact that the game was meaningless for the Bills took all the fun and energy out of it. If the first game of the season against the Jets had gone like this, I would have been pumped. It just gets exhausting after a while.

psubills62
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Just don't really care anymore. My friends have felt sorry for me for years. Of course, none of them are smack-talkers to begin with.

wozrob11
12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
first of all stop laying in bed and dreaming about Tom Brady's ass . second of all get a hold of yourself we are all BILLS fans for life and we all know it none of this i wish i followed another team crap! today i walked in to shop rite with my bills hoodie and hat and wore them proud ! THIRD its been 13 years of no playoffs so we are all used to it by now, next year is a new year anything can happen and the most important thing to remember it could be worse we could be raiders fans !!! GOOOO BUFFALO!!!!!

imbondz
12-30-2012, 09:43 PM
i'm glad i'm old enough to have lived thru the late 80's and early 90's Bills.

Cntrygal
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
first of all stop laying in bed and dreaming about Tom Brady's ass . second of all get a hold of yourself we are all BILLS fans for life and we all know it none of this i wish i followed another team crap! today i walked in to shop rite with my bills hoodie and hat and wore them proud ! THIRD its been 13 years of no playoffs so we are all used to it by now, next year is a new year anything can happen and the most important thing to remember it could be worse we could be raiders fans !!! GOOOO BUFFALO!!!!!

:blah:

There's nothing wrong with people feeling down on this miserable excuse for a team. I still wear my Bills gear... but I am BY NO MEANS all "rah rah" about them. I also admit that I have the genetic (and probably incurable) disease of being a Bills fan. The Bills suck and until I actually see them do something positive, I'm not wasting positive energy on them.

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Me too- just barely. I was 11 when they went to the first Super Bowl. I don't really remember much about watching sports before that, other than watching ND with my grandfather.

Of course, that was also part of the problem- I'm too young to remember the early 80's Bills or before, so I was used to them being good. When the Bills started to suck around 2001 or so, I thought it would be a couple of seasons to rebuild and then we'd be back on track. I NEVER thought it would be this bad for this long. But, looking back at the history of this team, this is par for the course. Except for the championship years in the mid- 60's and most of the 90's, Ralph's franchise has been pathetic.

Cntrygal
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM

I attended my first game in '84. Do you think it managed to be one of the TWO games that the Bills won that season?

:sadwalk:

dannyek71
12-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Being a bit older than you, I remember when the Colts & Patriots were absolutely putrid every year.

dannyek71
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM

When I am in NYC, I wear my Bills gear with pride. I always here "Bills suck!". I reply, "Yes I know, I watch the games. Thank you" or something along the lines with "How's New Jersey?!"

pmoon6
12-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Yes, it sucks not to get your warm fuzzy on Sunday. Jump up and down and rub your junk.

I compensate by downing twenty chicken wings, a few crab cakes and an 18 pack.

Jeff1220
12-31-2012, 10:27 AM
It's been pretty easy to ignore the NFL on Sundays since I moved here (Nicaragua), just by the amount of other things I have to do. It's pretty funny because the Bills' games were on TV here about 10-12 times this season compared to just about never in Maryland (where I used to live).

OLDSRIP
12-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Today was the quintessential example.

I can't stand Mark Sanchez because he went from USC- Notre Dame's biggest rivalry, to a division rival of the Bills. Today, he completely embarrassed himself. He had two turnovers, and should have had two more if Wilson (or was it Scott?) got a little lucky or if Aaron Williams could catch. And this was a guy who has lit us up over the past few years. It was glorious to see how far he's regressed. And it was glorious to see the Bills simply trying to run to kill the clock and the Jets being so incapable of stopping it that they gave up another score, to our 3rd string running back.

But the fact that the game was meaningless for the Bills took all the fun and energy out of it. If the first game of the season against the Jets had gone like this, I would have been pumped. It just gets exhausting after a while.

I agree, not much to get excited about. I was kinda hoping they would lose, which is new for me.
normally seeing the Jets implode would be fun.
i guess I'm numb when it comes to the Bills. But i still continue to watch. Something must be wrong with me.

OLDSRIP
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
It's pretty funny because the Bills' games were on TV here about 10-12 times this season compared to just about never in Maryland (where I used to live).[/QUOTE]

Haven't those poor people suffered enough?