PDA

View Full Version : Turns out I'm a homer/optimist after all.....

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
In my pre-season prediction, somehow I thought this piece of **** team could get to 7-9.

:puke:

Cntrygal
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
In my pre-season prediction, somehow I thought this piece of **** team could get to 7-9.

:puke:

Don't you mean 9-7? That's what I had you listed as in the contest!

What I find even more sad.... it took getting to the last week of the season to eliminate the guy that predicted 5-11.. :sadwalk:

imbondz
12-30-2012, 09:36 PM

What I find even more sad.... it took getting to the last week of the season to eliminate the guy that predicted 5-11.. :sadwalk:

was that me?

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM

If that's what you had in the contest, then that's correct. I knew it was a 7 and a 9- I may have transposed the order in my head.

Anyway, either way the point is that, despite my reputation for being pessimistic/negative about this team, even I never thought it would get this bad.

Cntrygal
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
If that's what you had in the contest, then that's correct. I knew it was a 7 and a 9- I may have transposed the order in my head.

Anyway, either way the point is that, despite my reputation for being pessimistic/negative about this team, even I never thought it would get this bad.

:rofl: at 9-7 you were being REALLY optimistic!

- - - Updated - - -

was that me?

Yep! You were FINALLY eliminated from the contest today!

imbondz
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
:rofl: at 9-7 you were being REALLY optimistic!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep! You were FINALLY eliminated from the contest today!

lol. that's hilarious and horrible.

Skooby
12-31-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm speechless, maybe there is a rainbow in OP Heart.

Mike
12-31-2012, 01:36 AM
In retrospect I guess I was being optimistic as well prediction 7-9

kishoph
12-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Vegas had it at 6 wins and I seriously thought about laying money down, it's a good thing I don't gamble.

BillsFever21
01-01-2013, 12:27 PM
I predicted 6 games and was right on once again. Have been for years or at least only off by 1 game +/-. I just didn't see the 10 wins the that usual people claim we will win every year just because of the addition of Williams. I thought if everything went perfect we could maybe get 8 wins at the most. The rest of our defense was still putrid and we still had a horrible HC and a 2nd string QB as our starter. I just wish one of these years this team would prove me wrong.

DynaPaul
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I thought we'd compete for a wildcard spot. Um yeah, nowhere close...

Cleve
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
A friend of mine, who is a Bills fan, and myself, looked at the schedule in early September and discussed every game on the schedule - given how EASY the schedule was (Bills were tied with Houston for 2nd easiest NFL schedule) I predicted, I thought very conservatively, 8-8, and possibly 9-7 if they had a little luck.

For the Bills to end up 6-10 shows just how BAD this team is. Even more ridiculous is the new idea being floated that neither Nix or Brandon is responsible - and that they deserve to be retained, and in Brandon's case, promoted again. Insanity to keep doing the same things again and again and again.

gebobs
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Holy crap, 9-7, I was seriously drinking the koolaid. But i did qualify it saying "it all hinges on the Amish Rifle". Fitzpatrick sucked all year long.

I sure never thought the defense was going to totally crap the bed like it did. I recall being worried about how invisible Mario was but was roundly chided because "superstars don't need preseason".

Jeez, that was such a cupcake schedule.

OLDSRIP
01-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Vegas had it at 6 wins and I seriously thought about laying money down, it's a good thing I don't gamble.

Thanks for posting this.
i remember all the talk this past spring about what a slam dunk that bet was.
all the high hopes people had after Mario signed, etc.
once again reality smacked us in the face!