View Full Version : BBD Mock V3.0

DraftBoy
12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Brand New, 3 Rounds

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/12/2013-nfl-mock-draft-matt-elder-1231/

Bills do not go QB or Te'o at 8.

clumping platelets
12-31-2012, 12:12 AM
If FA gives us help on defense, then I have no problem with thta draft. Maybe the Bills reisgn Levitre, then Glenn could be moved to RT..............we could have one the best OL's in the league

dannyek71
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Let the 500 per month threads about mocks begin.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-31-2012, 12:58 AM

HAHAHAH

NOT THE DUDE...
12-31-2012, 12:59 AM
I dont mind that pick too much if we get john gruden and alex smith

Extremebillsfan247
12-31-2012, 01:51 AM
Bills in all likely hood will go either receiver or QB at 8. I doubt very seriously they are going to use that pick on an offensive lineman. In fact, I'm willing to bet against it.

kishoph
12-31-2012, 03:30 AM
I like and respect all your work on the drafts, but this town will implode if they take an OL or WR with the 1st pick. The organization is in damage control right now and Brandon and Littman know that the best band aid right now is getting this team a QB.

SquishDaFish
12-31-2012, 04:20 AM
That doesnt mean taking a QB in the 1st is the way to go. You draft BPA not by fans wants or needs.

SquishDaFish
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
I dont mind that draft but am hoping for Teo in 1st then Nassib in 2nd or tradeup for Nassib in late 1st

kishoph
12-31-2012, 05:40 AM
That doesnt mean taking a QB in the 1st is the way to go. You draft BPA not by fans wants or needs.

I believe that you draft to fill your needs, not BPA, right now the 2 major needs are at QB and LB. You can draft a OL that may be an upgrade or a WR that could take 2-3 years to really contribute, or a QB that would be a significant upgrade over what we have now. You will not win with a QB that can not throw the ball. I know you can't do what the fans want, but if you think that they're (OBD) not concerned of what could happen to ticket and merchandise sales, you're thinking of a different organization. I did say Littman and Brandon and the bottom line with those guys is the dollar. I believe that the right move to improve the team and appease the fan base is taking a QB or two within the first 4 rounds, including their first pick.

mrbojanglezs
12-31-2012, 06:14 AM

Ughh so so pointless

DraftBoy
12-31-2012, 07:41 AM

Just remember only mine matter. Kidding of course, but I was asked by a few people when this was coming.

- - - Updated - - -

I like and respect all your work on the drafts, but this town will implode if they take an OL or WR with the 1st pick. The organization is in damage control right now and Brandon and Littman know that the best band aid right now is getting this team a QB.

The very last thing this team should ever consider is what is best for the band aid, that is a recipe for going 14, 15, 16, and 17 consecutive years without the playoffs.

DraftBoy
12-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Ughh so so pointless

Not at all pointless, but you have to take a mock draft for what it is. Most people make one mock a year based on pure accuracy, I should clarify that by most people I mean the credible sites (ESPN, CBS, etc.) the others are all based on identifying need v. fit and also getting evaluation grades out there. The only mock you should look at for a pure accuracy point of view is the one 72-24 hour before the draft. Otherwise utilize them for what they are. A decent barometer of whose moving up or down and maybe what positions are going to be in surplus in later rounds.

You'll find that to be a much more enjoyable way of looking at mock drafts in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Bills in all likely hood will go either receiver or QB at 8. I doubt very seriously they are going to use that pick on an offensive lineman. In fact, I'm willing to bet against it.

Pigeon holing the pick to two positions in December is a poor idea. Outside Keenan Allen there isn't a WR who is worth Top 10 and QB wise after the first two go you really don't want to get caught reaching for the third with the value drop.

DraftBoy
12-31-2012, 07:46 AM
I believe that you draft to fill your needs, not BPA, right now the 2 major needs are at QB and LB. You can draft a OL that may be an upgrade or a WR that could take 2-3 years to really contribute, or a QB that would be a significant upgrade over what we have now. You will not win with a QB that can not throw the ball. I know you can't do what the fans want, but if you think that they're (OBD) not concerned of what could happen to ticket and merchandise sales, you're thinking of a different organization. I did say Littman and Brandon and the bottom line with those guys is the dollar. I believe that the right move to improve the team and appease the fan base is taking a QB or two within the first 4 rounds, including their first pick.

Its gotta be a combination thing, and if you operate within the context of the mock our need at OG become as larger or maybe slightly less large than our need at QB and its certainly larger than our need at OLB.

In this scenario we move Glenn, who I think is a good OT, but could be an elite OG inside, and draft an OT that feel again can be elite. You get upgrades at two positions, and a downgrade at none. In your view we ignore OG and suffer a massive down grade there. How does that help this team in anyway? How does that help a rookie QB who will need to be protected?

superbills
12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
To all those that think mocks are pointless...it was pointless for you to click on this thread, so go do something that you consider productive. It's the off-season. That also means it's time to consider what the Bills' options will be in FA and the draft. Mocks give those of us who don't have a great deal of knowledge about the college football ranks to see which players are projected to be the talked-about names in the draft, and also give us some background on their body of work. I wish I had more time to do all that research myself, but I don't and so the mock drafts give a capsule view of the possibilities based on team needs and player ability.

That's also another reason why it's nice to have multiple mocks to reference. No one has a crystal ball so no mock is "gospel" but you get different points of view and can see who's trending and who's falling in the draft ranks.

If you don't enjoy mock drafts then, by all means, continue to talk about the renovations that the Bills we be making to bathrooms for next year. I'll choose to focus on the possibilities for continuing to build the team. /end rant

superbills
12-31-2012, 08:03 AM
In regards to the mock...I'm cautiously intrigued by this...the idea of having an offensive line that can continue to dominate even if we lose Levitre is VERY interesting. Gotta admit I don't know a lot about Dysert, but if the notes are accurate he could fit in well here. I have been on the Te'o bandwagon for a long time now which had me very surprised that he would fall that low, but we shall see how his offseason tests play out.

THRILLHO
12-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Wrong. We will draft a DB with our first pick. Then trade back into the first round for a RB, trading Spiller for next to nothing.

kishoph
12-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Its gotta be a combination thing, and if you operate within the context of the mock our need at OG become as larger or maybe slightly less large than our need at QB and its certainly larger than our need at OLB.

In this scenario we move Glenn, who I think is a good OT, but could be an elite OG inside, and draft an OT that feel again can be elite. You get upgrades at two positions, and a downgrade at none. In your view we ignore OG and suffer a massive down grade there. How does that help this team in anyway? How does that help a rookie QB who will need to be protected?

Resign Levitre and you don't have to worry about that. As far as Glenn at the Tackle spot, I think he's just going to get better. I don't think the 0-line needs that much attention to it right now, maybe some depth.

DraftBoy
12-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Resign Levitre and you don't have to worry about that. As far as Glenn at the Tackle spot, I think he's just going to get better. I don't think the 0-line needs that much attention to it right now, maybe some depth.

Cant get out of it that easily. You have to play within the context. Levitre is gone, you are advocating ignoring that need then.

Dr. Who
12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Creative, interesting draft. I like Dysert in the second.

X-Era
01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Watching Clowney get inside and around Lewan pretty consistently. I'm not that impressed.

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Watching Clowney get inside and around Lewan pretty consistently. I'm not that impressed.

Don't have it on so I can't comment. Ill try and catch it on replay.

Bert102176
01-01-2013, 05:46 PM
I dont mind that draft but am hoping for Teo in 1st then Nassib in 2nd or tradeup for Nassib in late 1st

That's exactly what I am hoping for

OLDSRIP
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=DraftBoy;3732483]Not at all pointless, but you have to take a mock draft for what it is. Most people make one mock a year based on pure accuracy, I should clarify that by most people I mean the credible sites (ESPN, CBS, etc.) the others are all based on identifying need v. fit and also getting evaluation grades out there. The only mock you should look at for a pure accuracy point of view is the one 72-24 hour before the draft. Otherwise utilize them for what they are. A decent barometer of whose moving up or down and maybe what positions are going to be in surplus in later rounds.

You'll find that to be a much more enjoyable way of looking at mock drafts in the future.

I appreciate your work. I don't watch enough college games to have a strong opinion on players.
Your explanation is spot on. I used to think, why bother with early mock drafts when so much will change in free agency signings and losses. But I use it as a tool to get to know about a variety of players. It makes draft time more enjoyable for me. So thanks for the effort.

CleveSteve
01-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Clowney is a monster and would go #1 overall if he were eligible this year. Will go number 1 overall next year if he isn't hurt.

I agree that Jarvis Jones is overrated, but lasting into the 40s? I haven't seen anyone else think he could possibly fall out of the top 10.

CleveSteve
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Also, I think it would be really funny if the Browns cut bait on Weeden after one season to draft Mike Glennon, who is essentially a clone of Brandon Weeden.