PDA

View Full Version : It could be worse.....

OpIv37
12-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I live in Baltimore. Prior to moving here, I lived in Northern VA for 10 years and I frequently find myself there because I still have a lot of connections to the area.

Translation: I'm splitting time between Baltimore, who has been one of the better teams in the league pretty much since they came to Baltimore, and DC, who is having a dream season after finally finding the QB they've spent the last two decades searching for.

So, it's bad enough that the Bills aren't in the playoffs, but I have to see all the Ravens and Skins fans pumped about their teams. It's insult to injury.

imbondz
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I feel for you Op. thankfully the Titans have sucked for years but when they went to the SB in 2000, it was torture. lol

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I lived in Nashville during the early 2000s and have lived in Pittsburgh the last 6.... its been almost as bad for me man

BLeonard
12-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Pshhhhhhhhhhh...

I live in Indiana... So, I've got Colts fans, Indiana University fans and Notre Dame fans coming out of the woodwork from all angles. Hadn't seen any Notre Dame or Indiana fans for years and no Colts fans last year, but all of a sudden everyone and their brother has "been a fan my entire life." Coincidentally, I'm sure, they always seem to "like Notre Dame in football and IU in basketball."

Then, they have the nerve to call me a bandwagon fan when I'm wearing anything Duke... I simply mention that I'm both a Chicago Cubs and Buffalo Bills fan, which usually shuts them up.

-Bill

OpIv37
12-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Pshhhhhhhhhhh...

I live in Indiana... So, I've got Colts fans, Indiana University fans and Notre Dame fans coming out of the woodwork from all angles. Hadn't seen any Notre Dame or Indiana fans for years and no Colts fans last year, but all of a sudden everyone and their brother has "been a fan my entire life." Coincidentally, I'm sure, they always seem to "like Notre Dame in football and IU in basketball."

Then, they have the nerve to call me a bandwagon fan when I'm wearing anything Duke... I simply mention that I'm both a Chicago Cubs and Buffalo Bills fan, which usually shuts them up.

-Bill

I'm surprised about the Notre Dame fans. I see people wearing Notre Dame gear all the time, despite the team sucking for the most of the last 15 years or so and being several hundred miles from South Bend. They're generally a team like the Yankees, Lakers and Cowboys that have fans all over no matter how the team is doing.

Don't Panic
12-31-2012, 06:56 AM
I moved to Baltimore in 2000, OP. brutal year to be there and watch those redneck hybrids get to talk smack about how great their five year old team was. Now in Carolina though, where the Panther fans may have hope, but not much more to cheer about the last few years.

ServoBillieves
12-31-2012, 07:08 AM
I moved to Pittsburgh when I was 8 years old. Elementary, Middle, and High School there. Then went to college at IUP, dated an Eagles (don't ask) fan and am now married to a Steelers fan. Moved to Charlotte 2 years ago where they cram Cam Newton down your throat every possible chance.

Pain = felt.

gebobs
12-31-2012, 07:14 AM
Atlanta here. They'll be a powerhouse for years. And the Bills will suck forever. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

OpIv37
12-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Atlanta here. They'll be a powerhouse for years. And the Bills will suck forever. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Ouch.

Yeah, the Ravens appear to be on their way down but the Skins are on the way up, so there is no relief in sight here either.

The King
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
I live in Baltimore. Prior to moving here, I lived in Northern VA for 10 years and I frequently find myself there because I still have a lot of connections to the area.

Translation: I'm splitting time between Baltimore, who has been one of the better teams in the league pretty much since they came to Baltimore, and DC, who is having a dream season after finally finding the QB they've spent the last two decades searching for.

So, it's bad enough that the Bills aren't in the playoffs, but I have to see all the Ravens and Skins fans pumped about their teams. It's insult to injury.

I live in Patriots country. Shut up.

ServoBillieves
12-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Funny story involving Atlanta. Got married in August, and on our way to our honeymoon, Atlanta was our stay. Phenomenal room at the Peachtree Westin, great service. Went to Ted's Montana Grill, Olympic Park, then to cap the night my wife wanted to go to the very top of the building called the Sun Dial Bar, some trendy weird bar where everyone had a European accent. So while spinning (the top of the building spins) and wearing my Coy Wire (again, don't ask) jersey, we get a good view of the entire city. Out of freaking nowhere, a guy taps me on the shoulder, leans over and says "See that? That's the Georgia Dome, that's where the NFC Champs will be playing, and the Bills suck." I turned around and laughed at him, said "See you in the Super Bowl buddy."

... Sigh...

gebobs
12-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Funny story involving Atlanta. Got married in August, and on our way to our honeymoon, Atlanta was our stay. Phenomenal room at the Peachtree Westin, great service. Went to Ted's Montana Grill, Olympic Park, then to cap the night my wife wanted to go to the very top of the building called the Sun Dial Bar, some trendy weird bar where everyone had a European accent. So while spinning (the top of the building spins) and wearing my Coy Wire (again, don't ask) jersey, we get a good view of the entire city. Out of freaking nowhere, a guy taps me on the shoulder, leans over and says "See that? That's the Georgia Dome, that's where the NFC Champs will be playing, and the Bills suck." I turned around and laughed at him, said "See you in the Super Bowl buddy."

... Sigh...

Should have gone to the Clermont (http://sidewalkradio.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/1-the-infamous-clermont-hotel-baby/).

pmoon6
12-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Out of freaking nowhere, a guy taps me on the shoulder, leans over and says "See that? That's the Georgia Dome, that's where the NFC Champs will be playing, and the Bills suck."Was he like 5'5", glasses and wearing shorts and sandals?

If so, that was Coastal.